This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Quiet in here -- are we hunting wabbits?

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
      Quiet in here -- are we hunting wabbits?
      Aw, now I have that in my head.

Good evening Lodge!

Productive day- started filling the new garden, went to dinner at dad les, did a load of laundry and prepped for having 2 hungry runners, post long run, for breakfast.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Went to a nice grillout/bottleshare tonight. Some really good stuff was opened. Good start to my vacation.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

s'upp y'all
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            s'upp y'all
            Not much apparently.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Evening Lodge!!

I am up! making progress on my new garden, all without spending a dime. I need to thin so many perennials that I am moving things and you can't tell they are thinned.

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Did my usual routine of brunch/local brewery today. It was dead at the latter, BUT, at one point the only employee was on the patio helping a customer, and the phone rang. I went over to answer it, helped the caller out with his questions, etc. Employee comes in, told him about it, he thanked me. Sure enough, the caller came in a few minutes later, relayed the info I had given him, and the employee told him "Yeah, that was Rube (points to me). He doesn't work here, but if you need to know anything about the place, just ask him." We all had a good laugh over that.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                  Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Such a lovely weekend. A little bummed I wasn’t really able to enjoy it. Ankle/foot doing OK. I think the swelling is going down a bit as it hurts a bit on my ankle bone in the boot. Also, the main incision on the inside of my foot is starting to hurt. Not a lot, totally manageable. Just bothersome. I’m going with it’s healing.

My SIL texted me last night that they’re having my niece’s 21st birthday party on Sunday. It hit me this morning I’m going to have to figure out how I’m going to actually get into their house. Still can’t put any weight on the foot. May need to sit on the stairs and push myself up.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          In our PHO there was a conscience effort to force actions that would minimize utilization. CHoices were made depending on how it would reflect on the facility's reimbursement not on what would be best for the pt. There was no long term thought. It was all about how to save the $ now and the cost in the future to the pt? Pshaw.This has escalated since medicine switched to the business model. It is not a good fit.

The separation of personal actions and consequences and the lack acknowledgement of resources. No amount of motivation can overcome lack of resources. The economy may be 'booming' but the social net is shrinking and the divide between those with resources and not is increasing. They try to say if you do everything right then things are attainable but IMHO it is a load of hoo-ey designed to produce failure (which decreases reimbursement). People cost nothing after they are dead. If the person gets too costly and it is difficult for them to get care they die faster. Totally cynical, I know, but the business model has nothing to do with patient outcomes. It has to do with minimizing payout. You set up measures that are impossible. My favorite dichotomy- 'patient satisfaction' with no qualifiers against penalties for doing things that patients think they should have. Give an antibiotic without certain parameters- DING!!! Don't give it and then DING_DING_DING!!! The patient excoriates in the review because they know they need that [x] because they know their body.... either way they manage to keep some of your withhold.
                          (there are posts on NP pages I follow where people are asking for hints on how to increase satisfaction numbers when the patient wants something they shouldn't have. And people are responding with all sorts of ways to manipulate data, have staff call, do other stuff. Rarely do you see someone say the obvious- sometimes it is our job to say or do things people don't like. Their being mad or unsatisfied is part of the process)
                          I have a cold! Give me a Z-Pack or I'll write a bad Yelp review!

But no immunizations!
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

Great trip to St. Louis and Kansas City. Great food, great beverages, and great baseball. Glad I took the day off as both hubby and I were exhausted. Back to the grind tomorrow and I really do not want to go back.
                            Originally posted by Skeeterman
                            Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                            "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              I have a cold! Give me a Z-Pack or I'll write a bad Yelp review!

But no immunizations!
                              THis made me laugh! Well played!

Good evening Lodge!

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X