X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Some of that looks good. Getting really tired of the fancy donut trend though. I thought for sure it had peaked and was dying when they started doing the "shoot-up your own donut" thing with the flavor syringes.
    Yeah, but it's only one donut item that I saw this year.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

RFAlph- check your email.

Comment

3 more days until a week off. It's been dicey this week, but has panned out...so far. HUGE order sitting on our dock, 32 pallets full (a full semi can only carry 26 pallets. I really hope I don't have to deal with it...because of this, we have NO dock space, and another big order is being worked on, which is taking up our "backup" space to stage things. There is no room at the inn, Joseph and Mary.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is everyone out on the golf course at the COuntry Club?

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Comment

I WISH!!!

Back at my place today. I have two doctor appointments tomorrow morning in Cambridge. Easier to get to from my place than my mom's place. We'll head back up to her place afterwards. If you want to come visit les, bring ice cream!!!

I'm hoping he's going to change this cast tomorrow. I'm about done with this one. I can tell the bruising is going away because my leg is kinda yellow. It's definitely still swollen. Still hurts, but very manageable. It's more uncomfortable than painful. I'm looking forward to seeing what was done. He mentioned he was making three incisions. He also said once he changes out the cast I can take a shower. I bought one of those cast covers. My mom is going to get a shower chair from the senior center.

Do you guys think it's odd I never received any follow up calls from either his office or even the hospital? I do. I figured maybe a nurse or a PA or someone would call to make sure I made it through the first night. They have my cell as well as my home phone (I was at my place through Saturday).

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  I WISH!!!

Back at my place today. I have two doctor appointments tomorrow morning in Cambridge. Easier to get to from my place than my mom's place. We'll head back up to her place afterwards. If you want to come visit les, bring ice cream!!!

I'm hoping he's going to change this cast tomorrow. I'm about done with this one. I can tell the bruising is going away because my leg is kinda yellow. It's definitely still swollen. Still hurts, but very manageable. It's more uncomfortable than painful. I'm looking forward to seeing what was done. He mentioned he was making three incisions. He also said once he changes out the cast I can take a shower. I bought one of those cast covers. My mom is going to get a shower chair from the senior center.

Do you guys think it's odd I never received any follow up calls from either his office or even the hospital? I do. I figured maybe a nurse or a PA or someone would call to make sure I made it through the first night. They have my cell as well as my home phone (I was at my place through Saturday).
                  Let me know when you are back here.

No one used to make phone calls. THey don't even seem to do discharge planning anymore. When mum les had surgery a few yrs ago she was going to be unable to wt bear for 12 weeks and no one did a bit of assessing or planning for that until AFTER the surgery when she was no longer mobile AND she was still considered under the influence of anesthesia. The wonders of the business model for medicine and why it doesn't doesn't work.

Comment

Well, today was a sh*show at work. Uber busy, did get some help, but one of the machines that the dumbarse mechanic took a week to fix broke down with the same issue he fixed. Got stuck in the middle of an aisle. Got it out (have to use a forklift to even move the machine), mechanic came back, fixed it, and as he was going to park it, it broke again due to the same problem. Had to fix it AGAIN. I am pretty sure he is not qualified for his friggin' job.

2 more days until a week of freedom.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Morning.

The wife has approved a MN state fair trip this year. Likely it will be on the last weekend as that is already a long one due to the holiday.
                        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          Let me know when you are back here.

No one used to make phone calls. THey don't even seem to do discharge planning anymore. When mum les had surgery a few yrs ago she was going to be unable to wt bear for 12 weeks and no one did a bit of assessing or planning for that until AFTER the surgery when she was no longer mobile AND she was still considered under the influence of anesthesia. The wonders of the business model for medicine and why it doesn't doesn't work.
                          Case management workload is .... extreme. It's not surprising that patients fall through the cracks. I trained our CCM staff on Epic a couple years ago - these were very serious, very dedicated people who had ten times the work they should have been saddled with. I've no idea why anyone would ever want that job.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            Case management workload is .... extreme. It's not surprising that patients fall through the cracks. I trained our CCM staff on Epic a couple years ago - these were very serious, very dedicated people who had ten times the work they should have been saddled with. I've no idea why anyone would ever want that job.
                            What....no love for Bauer?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                            Twenty red lights in his honor
                            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              It is structured to fail. Used to be discharge planning was a huge focus of the nurses' job. Then, with the roll 'em in and roll 'em out fast as you can mentality, this has almost totally disappeared. No longer a proactive approach but a reactive one. Mind boggling to me as a good discharge plan forestalls all sorts of over utilization afterwards and the way reimbursement is structured they lose cash if the person is readmitted.

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Morning.

The wife has approved a MN state fair trip this year. Likely it will be on the last weekend as that is already a long one due to the holiday.
                                I will be there for the Weird Al concert this year. I'm not sure if I'll be there any other days. My wife likes to go almost every day it's open, even just for a couple hours in the evening, if she can swing it. Things are a little different this year, so that remains to be seen.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X