X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Good Evening Lodge!

This Fair stuff is def a fly-over state cultural thingy. Our fairs are not that big of a deal

Comment

Howdy Lodge. Yesterday I made chicken parm from a recipe I found on The Pioneer Woman. Had it tonight for dinner. It was really good! Have enough for dinner tomorrow too.

Comment

Originally posted by scarlet View Post
        howdy lodge. Yesterday i made chicken parm from a recipe i found on the pioneer woman. Had it tonight for dinner. It was really good! Have enough for dinner tomorrow too.
        yum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Howdy Lodge. Yesterday I made chicken parm from a recipe I found on The Pioneer Woman. Had it tonight for dinner. It was really good! Have enough for dinner tomorrow too.
          Take it to the USCHO cooks thread!!

Also, Alton brown just came back and did a chicken parm episode. I’m very curious to see how that tastes.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            Good Evening Lodge!

This Fair stuff is def a fly-over state cultural thingy. Our fairs are not that big of a deal
            Ya gotta hit up the MN Fair at some point. It's not in some field, or country-ville. It's in an urban area. I've been to the "Fairgrounds" when the Fair wasn't going on...it's weird. Ghost-town.

https://www.mnstatefair.org/about-the-fair/attendance/

FTR: I was there on Mon, and guess it'd end up 170-180K. I was right in the vicinity. It seemed to be always on the cusp of being too crowded. I was also there Sat, and when I left, THAT was during the wave of people coming in to make it too crowded.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I went to the DC state fair the last two years because it was a block away from where I live. It was a complete waste of time. Perhaps we would do better if we were a state. This year it won't be nearby, so I won't bother. It's the upcoming Saturday.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-04-2019, 01:08 AM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• s'upp y'all

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  I went to the DC state fair .
                  yes, very confusing
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The Alaska State Fair is in Palmer. And the Fair is the only reason to go to Palmer (though TBF Palmer is not as bad as Wasilla). It’s worth to go for a concert or you’ve got kids but beyond that it’s not great.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      The Alaska State Fair is in Palmer. And the Fair is the only reason to go to Palmer (though TBF Palmer is not as bad as Wasilla). It’s worth to go for a concert or you’ve got kids but beyond that it’s not great.
                      FWIW, RPI had a player from Palmer, AK, about 10 years ago, namely Jake Luthi.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        FWIW, RPI had a player from Palmer, AK, about 10 years ago, namely Jake Luthi.
                        Their HS mascot is the Moose. The Palmer Moose.

Can’t make that s- up.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Great cheering- Moooooooooose!!

Good evening Lodge!

Comment

Evening, Lodge. Dunno what's going on but business is BOOMING today. Barely made deadlines. While beginning of the month, it still stands out hardcore. Wow. My best guess is a last minute surge before winter.

Also, the siding project on my apt complex is odd. The crew sounds half Mexican, half Russian (the latter is a best guess). And they switch languages constantly. Entertaining to hear, but annoying since they are actually on my balcony replacing the siding. My section should be done tomorrow, given the progress done today.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s’upp y’all
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X