X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Me: I can go to Dropkick Murphys and be fine at work the next morning.

Narrator: He would be wrong...

This is gonna be a long day...
    Me: I can eat all the foods at the Fair and feel fine.

(after 4 foods) COMA.

Worth it. Age has caught up to me. Going again on Monday, though. It's the Goddam Fair.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm making my own foods. I've got Bloody Mary bratwurst, and a fried chicken thigh sandwich which I guarantee will end the stupid "chicken sandwich wars".

Comment

https://media1.tenor.com/images/7f8d...temid=11448600

Just sayin'. The MN State Fair...if you haven't been, you are missing out.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

s'upp y'all

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          So, somewhat big family news here. My mother’s older (by a year) sister is moving in with her. For the past 2+ years she has been living in Wyoming with her son and DIL. She used to live in Delray Beach with my uncle (her and my mom’s brother) and he was such an ***** to her, sold the small home they loved. He moved up here.

Anyway, my cousin took her in. He’s a Baptist minister now. They live in Story, WY. My aunt has been pretty miserable there the past six months, mostly because of her DIL. Treated her poorly, never abused her, but just made it miserable for her. The whole time I was here recuperating, she called my mom multiple times a day. Now, I don’t know if she asked my mom or my mom offered (I think it was the latter), but she’s moving in today. I called my aunt’s daughter, who lives here and had planned a vacation to see her mom this week, that while she was there she needed to take care of a few things. Like following up with Medicaid - my mom is now going to be her designated caregiver and the DIL will no longer get paid to do nothing. I said she should check with my aunt’s doctors to see if she needed to sign something in person to release medical records for when she gets new doctors here, etc. Just all that kind of stuff. They flew to Boston last night and my cousin is bringing my aunt up today.

I was initially a little wary about it, but honestly, my mom is pretty happy about it. While my brothers and I are with her as much as we can be, she’s never lived alone. She did say she wouldn’t have agreed to this if my dad was still alive. I think she’s lonely. And she and her sister are extremely close, always have been. I think the positives are definitely outweighing the negatives. Still, it will be an adjustment for all.
          cool for mom.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            50 years ago today.

The NY Times death notice appears to be behind a pay wall, so this will have to do. https://www.archive.org/stream/aufba.../n152/mode/1up
            See the right-hand page, second column, second death notice. Or should I have written “rechte Seite, zweite Spalte, zweite Todesanzeige”?
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
              Originally posted by Skeeterman
              Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
              "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Good Morning, Lodge!
                Oops- I thought you were looking to see it. I emailed a copy. Reading comprehension issues!
                Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Oops- I thought you were looking to see it. I emailed a copy. Reading comprehension issues!
                  Good Evening Lodge!
                  Yep. Reading comprehension.

Now if you want to find something interesting, find my brother's birth announcement in the Aufbau and look at the name that is used for me there. Birth announcements were usually in English, as was this one,
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good mornng to tLodge!
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                    Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

s'upp y'all
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Morning, Lodge!
                        Originally posted by Skeeterman
                        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Afternoon.

I didn't know Delta only allowed you to purchase plane tickets up to 331 days out. I think I just assumed it would be a full year.

Random fact.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Afternoon.

I didn't know Delta only allowed you to purchase plane tickets up to 331 days out. I think I just assumed it would be a full year.

Random fact.
                            I know the standard for hotels is 50 weeks out.

Evening, Lodge. Hit up the Fair today, happened to run into some staff from the corner store (was with a buddy, who had NEVER been to the Fair before ) so we kind of became one big group. Quite a fun time. Made the mistake of having 5 12oz glasses of milk within 20 minutes, then walking from that building all the way across to the other end of the fairgrounds. Talk about a liquid coma (FTR, my PR is 13 glasses in about 90 minutes). Dunno what went wrong today. Ah well. PERFECT weather, had a lot of good food and drink.

Kind of wish I had gone a 3rd time this year, still missed some stuff, which always happens, but oh well. That's the way it goes.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X