View Poll Results: Which state are you LEAST likely ever to visit or pass through (on the ground)?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arizona

    0 0%
  • California

    0 0%
  • Colorado

    0 0%
  • Connecticut

    2 10.53%
  • Florida

    1 5.26%
  • Georgia

    0 0%
  • Illinois

    0 0%
  • Indiana

    0 0%
  • Maryland

    2 10.53%
  • Massachusetts

    1 5.26%
  • Michigan

    0 0%
  • Minnesota

    0 0%
  • New York

    1 5.26%
  • North Carolina

    0 0%
  • Ohio

    0 0%
  • Oklahoma

    10 52.63%
  • Pennsylvania

    0 0%
  • Texas

    1 5.26%
  • Virginia

    0 0%
  • Washington

    1 5.26%
Page 17 of 35 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 691

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

  1. #321
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,732

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good Morning, MEUSA!
    Good Morning, Mookie!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

  2. #322
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,265

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Evening, Lodge. 2 more days. And just about every major road around me has construction either right now, or starting this weekend. All projects are overlapping. It's insane.
    You live in London?

    Good Morning Lodge!

    It is hot and humid and nasty out. lilnsl runs 10 miles or more every day. I walked 2 miles and just about melted. I have no idea how he does it

  3. #323
    Short/Round bostonewe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NH
    Posts
    11,929

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    You live in London?

    Good Morning Lodge!

    It is hot and humid and nasty out. lilnsl runs 10 miles or more every day. I walked 2 miles and just about melted. I have no idea how he does it
    I rarely keep the AC on (I didn't grow up with Central Air and I don't like paying for it), but we've had it on since we got home on Sunday. It's miserable outside. My zinnias appear gonzo despite good watering and everything else looks miserable (including the people).

    Good morning (barely), Lodge. Canceled one meeting today (due to projected lack of attendance) and changed myself to a call-in for the other (the committee is falling apart and accomplishes little), so now I can spend my day at home working on my personal to-do list before I work all weekend ... and to be home in time to have dinner with the MIL.

  4. #324
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,265

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by bostonewe View Post
    I rarely keep the AC on (I didn't grow up with Central Air and I don't like paying for it), but we've had it on since we got home on Sunday. It's miserable outside. My zinnias appear gonzo despite good watering and everything else looks miserable (including the people).

    Good morning (barely), Lodge. Canceled one meeting today (due to projected lack of attendance) and changed myself to a call-in for the other (the committee is falling apart and accomplishes little), so now I can spend my day at home working on my personal to-do list before I work all weekend ... and to be home in time to have dinner with the MIL.
    Zinnias like dry. You might have watered too much. Chop back and leave alone. Unless they are dusty dry. When you water water really deep then leave alone for days.

    Ugh. I figured out why I am so screwed up. mr les usually is low key at this time of yr. This week he has been going in early and coming home late. This usually signals the August ramp up to the new Semester. It isn't August. I don't have to do anything yet. He is interviewing to fill some positions and bringing people in for final interviews.

  5. #325
    Capt
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm on a boat/TPAFL
    Posts
    12,643

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    No fun at all.

    Good Evening Lodge!

    Where is hp- there is a nasty bit of water coming to the Mississippi. Is he floating or off?
    Home until Aug 1. But you're right, more water where it's least needed.

  6. #326
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come gmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    12,135

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good afternoon Lodge.

  7. #327
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Shopping for a defenseman to replace Lidstrom
    Posts
    37,366

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Playing with a power washer when it's high 80's is fun. I need to do that more often.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


    God, that was fun...

  8. #328
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,265

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Home until Aug 1. But you're right, more water where it's least needed.
    Phew. I was worried about you. They are talking about 20+ more inches of rain.
    We had a monsoon and now it is cooler out.

  9. #329
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    118,348

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    You live in London?

    Good Morning Lodge!

    It is hot and humid and nasty out. lilnsl runs 10 miles or more every day. I walked 2 miles and just about melted. I have no idea how he does it
    Just got a little crazier. More construction preparation popped up yesterday. Have no idea what it's for.

    And as for humidity/heat, you get used to it over time. It can be 95 out, I'll be wearing jeans. Doesn't bother me in the least.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  10. #330
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,530

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  11. #331
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    42,815

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    s’upp y’all

  12. #332
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,884

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Just got a little crazier. More construction preparation popped up yesterday. Have no idea what it's for.

    And as for humidity/heat, you get used to it over time. It can be 95 out, I'll be wearing jeans. Doesn't bother me in the least.
    That’s because you’re a lizard person.

  13. #333
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come gmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    12,135
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Just got a little crazier. More construction preparation popped up yesterday. Have no idea what it's for.

    And as for humidity/heat, you get used to it over time. It can be 95 out, I'll be wearing jeans. Doesn't bother me in the least.
    F that. When it’s over 80 and humid I make my own gravy all day long. 30 below for the win.

    Good morning Lodge.

  14. #334
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,884

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by gmann View Post
    F that. When it’s over 80 and humid I make my own gravy all day long. 30 below for the win.

    Good morning Lodge.
    that's literally the most disgusting way I've ever heard it described.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  15. #335
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,265

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    that's literally the most disgusting way I've ever heard it described.
    Here I was thinking it was accurate. It is so HHH right now my glasses are steaming on my face and I am inside.

    Good Morning Lodge!

  16. #336
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,884

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Here I was thinking it was accurate. It is so HHH right now my glasses are steaming on my face and I am inside.

    Good Morning Lodge!
    Hubert H. Humphrey?
    Hunter Hearst-Helmsley?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  17. #337
    Cheer up, the worst is yet to come gmann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    12,135
    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    that's literally the most disgusting way I've ever heard it described.
    I stole than line from David Letterman. He had a top ten list that listed something like “top 10 reasons how you know it’s hot in New York City.”

    Number one was something like......”the cab drivers are making their own gravy.”

  18. #338
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,884

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    that's literally the most disgusting way I've ever heard it described.
    I was wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by gmann View Post
    ”the cab drivers are making their own gravy.”
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  19. #339
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,473

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Hubert H. Humphrey?
    Hunter Hearst-Helmsley?
    I read that as Hilton Head Island Airport.

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  20. #340
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    200,732

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

    Good Afternoon Lodge!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •