• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge 201: A State You Don't Expect

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Lodge. Hope all Lodge dads had a nice day yesterday. ME - that sounded like a very cool present.

First Father’s Day without my dad. It was...bittersweet? I wanted to focus on good/fun memories. Posted those pictures of us at Fenway. Noticed Godfather II was on and when i turned it on, i saw the one scene my dad always quoted when talking about/watched the movie. Then I’m on Twitter and saw a tweet with a link to a story too long to go into here and man, it literally was so spot on - in a good way - that it made me kinda weepy. And then I inadvertently said something not good to my mom. We were talking about what she was going to get when she goes food shopping today and what she had in her freezer and said she still has the half gallon of coffee ice cream that was my dad’s. My niece kept saying she would eat it, but hasn’t. I said “You haven’t thrown that out yet??” And then I realized she doesn’t want to throw it out yet and I felt horrible for yelling at her about it.

Day 5 post op. Still in some pain. My leg is swollen and the cast is tight. I finished one of the painkillers, I stopped taking the Oxycodone as it was making me feel yucky and I don’t think it was doing anything that Tylenol could do.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        ME - that sounded like a very cool present.
        It was! I must say one of the best Father's Day's I can remember since my girls were small. I just wish the little fellow wasn't so far away...
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Day 5 post op. Still in some pain. My leg is swollen and the cast is tight. I finished one of the painkillers, I stopped taking the Oxycodone as it was making me feel yucky and I don’t think it was doing anything that Tylenol could do.
          You'll be tap dancing on the table before you know it!
          (and make sure you capture it on video!! )

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
            I’ll settle for being able to walk to the bathroom without it taking a specific amount of time, and clearing a path to get there.

I will say, the knee scooter has been a help. I feel like my abdominal muscles have gotten better since I haven’t had to use my crutches.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              It was! I must say one of the best Father's Day's I can remember since my girls were small. I just wish the little fellow wasn't so far away...
              THat is nice!
              Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
              I’ll settle for being able to walk to the bathroom without it taking a specific amount of time, and clearing a path to get there.

I will say, the knee scooter has been a help. I feel like my abdominal muscles have gotten better since I haven’t had to use my crutches.
              I could see both of these things in my head.

Father's Day was good. Now trying to catch up on everything. Having a wake/funeral in VT and then a wedding n MI all in 5 days is not condusive to keeping up. FInally started to catch up and then Father's Day.

Good Evening Lodge!

Comment

Actually, my first thought was that she'd be hoisting herself up at the bar yelling at the bartender that martinis are awesome. Still one of my favorite stories (DEN, '08).

Evening, Lodge.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

just in time

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good Morning Lodgers!

Eventful AM.
                      Sitting on the sun-porch pre-8AM and the neighbor shows up at door to tell us he is all set to use his driveway (he has been using ours). It has been a trial- running springs under the driveway, torrential rains washing out the stuff they put down, etc.
                      Before I could escape from under the throw I was clutching on my lap, Terminex showed up (without calling first) to deal with the ant infestation we suddenly were dealing with. Raced up to change while mr les met him at door. As this was happening lilnsl was heading out for an interview.
                      5 min later a text from lilnsl- another place called and wants an interview set up.
                      Then a text from mr les who brought the car down to get checked-700$
                      then while that is transpiring get a call from lilnsl that the interview went well they want him back for a second, he needs to set up the one that called earlier. The guy who is his boss and schedules him is out today. lilnsl is covering whole dept tom'w and the place wants him to come in tomorrow at 9. Wants advice on how to handle it professionally.
                      Meanwhile mr les is texting back and forth too.

I am not good at keeping multiple text threads straight.

Praying very hard for the job thing. It has been a yr and a month and still nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Good Evening Lodge!

I have been domestic the last couple of days. Recovered all the pillows, the seat cushion for the wicker love seat and made a set of seat cushions for a chair. Took forever because I didn't have enough fabric and needed to get creative and splice and use 2 different kinds. Came out well but it took FOREVER!!
                        The curtain that I posted on Facebook felt the same way - not enough lining fabric and I had to seam both types of fabric. It came out well, but it was such a pain to do that I don't think that I would do it again.
                        We usually have 2-3 atlases with us when we travel....one never knows!
                        We always travel with Rand McNally. The husband and I did a road trip to Memphis, TN from NH in 2017. We printed out Google Maps directions from location to location just in case, but we primarily used the Atlas. I am not good with directions or map reading and this was a great way to hone the skill. Now I always have one in case we go somewhere without cell/GPS service (unlikely, but not impossible in New England).

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        s'upp y'all

Back at work. Everyone left mookie for a couple months back in the US this morning... two months solo
                        Sorry to hear that, mookie. It must be very difficult to be away for so long.
                        Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Good Morning Lodgers!

Eventful AM.
                        Sitting on the sun-porch pre-8AM and the neighbor shows up at door to tell us he is all set to use his driveway (he has been using ours). It has been a trial- running springs under the driveway, torrential rains washing out the stuff they put down, etc.
                        Before I could escape from under the throw I was clutching on my lap, Terminex showed up (without calling first) to deal with the ant infestation we suddenly were dealing with. Raced up to change while mr les met him at door. As this was happening lilnsl was heading out for an interview.
                        5 min later a text from lilnsl- another place called and wants an interview set up.
                        Then a text from mr les who brought the car down to get checked-700$
                        then while that is transpiring get a call from lilnsl that the interview went well they want him back for a second, he needs to set up the one that called earlier. The guy who is his boss and schedules him is out today. lilnsl is covering whole dept tom'w and the place wants him to come in tomorrow at 9. Wants advice on how to handle it professionally.
                        Meanwhile mr les is texting back and forth too.

I am not good at keeping multiple text threads straight.

Praying very hard for the job thing. It has been a yr and a month and still nothing.
                        Thinking of you and lil -- hope this goes well. (btw - I did not take the D-H job as much as I really wanted to. The commute was just too much, even for me.)

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          s'upp y'all

Back at work. Everyone left mookie for a couple months back in the US this morning... two months solo
                          I missed this somehow. Solo is no fun

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                            The curtain that I posted on Facebook felt the same way - not enough lining fabric and I had to seam both types of fabric. It came out well, but it was such a pain to do that I don't think that I would do it again.

We always travel with Rand McNally. The husband and I did a road trip to Memphis, TN from NH in 2017. We printed out Google Maps directions from location to location just in case, but we primarily used the Atlas. I am not good with directions or map reading and this was a great way to hone the skill. Now I always have one in case we go somewhere without cell/GPS service (unlikely, but not impossible in New England).

Sorry to hear that, mookie. It must be very difficult to be away for so long.

Thinking of you and lil -- hope this goes well. (btw - I did not take the D-H job as much as I really wanted to. The commute was just too much, even for me.)
                            I wondered. Wise choice. It is always flattering to be wanted tho.

Comment

Ahem... obligatory MN State Fair new foods link posting. LINK

31 new foods year, 7 new vendors. Mixed bag in the new stuff, but seems better than last year's new offerings.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Ahem... obligatory MN State Fair new foods link posting. LINK
                                Some of that looks good. Getting really tired of the fancy donut trend though. I thought for sure it had peaked and was dying when they started doing the "shoot-up your own donut" thing with the flavor syringes.

Comment

Working...
                                X