No announcement yet.

Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abortion: Why Not Thoughts and Prayers?

40 million could buy a lot of birth control.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-2020-election

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      40 million could buy a lot of birth control.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...-2020-election
      She's a walking manifestation of William Burroughs' quote: "decent church-going women, with their mean, pinched, bitter, evil faces."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Life insurance is a right?!?!
        Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        The right to buy it is. Come on, mook. This is NOT difficult.
        You only have a right to buy life insurance if a company is offering it, and had decided that you medically qualify for it, assuming they have such qualification needs with their product. If nobody's willing to sell it to you based upon legally discriminating qualifiers, you don't have the right to buy it. That goes for policies placed upon you, me, your wife, or your unborn baby's mama.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          You only have a right to buy life insurance if a company is offering it, and had decided that you medically qualify for it, assuming they have such qualification needs with their product. If nobody's willing to sell it to you based upon legally discriminating qualifiers, you don't have the right to buy it. That goes for policies placed upon you, me, your wife, or your unborn baby's mama.
          Yes. The only real argument here was the slippery slope argument. Once you define a fetus as a person than that person gets all rights associated with being a person.

I would imagine given the fact that many pregnancies end in miscarriages that the cost of the insurance would be very high. Which further highlights how ridiculous it is that we would be investigating those potential mothers for murder.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Why would anybody ever buy life insurance for a baby? Life insurance replaces income if you die. The f-ck income does the baby provide?

Edit: oh, I get it. It's to fight the Dumbf-ckistan police state that's claiming your fetus is a person and a miscarriage is a murder.

Carry on.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yes. The only real argument here was the slippery slope argument. Once you define a fetus as a person than that person gets all rights associated with being a person.

I would imagine given the fact that many pregnancies end in miscarriages that the cost of the insurance would be very high. Which further highlights how ridiculous it is that we would be investigating those potential mothers for murder.
              I understand your reasoning, I'm just saying that the argument holds no water. Even if companies did technically offer life insurance, they'd find a way to make sure that only those people least likely to have natal issues would be insured, making it a moot point. Either the fetus is out because the mother is deemed too high of a risk and they price the family out of the market, or the company sets too stringent of guidelines just because it doesn't really want to sell the product for various reasons.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

I understand your reasoning, I'm just saying that the argument holds no water. Even if companies did technically offer life insurance, they'd find a way to make sure that only those people least likely to have natal issues would be insured, making it a moot point. Either the fetus is out because the mother is deemed too high of a risk and they price the family out of the market, or the company sets too stringent of guidelines just because it doesn't really want to sell the product for various reasons.
                I think an argument that holds no water is a good argument if what it is arguing against also holds no water.

Get it now?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think an argument that holds no water is a good argument if what it is arguing against also holds no water.

Get it now?
                  No. I think it comes off as a sort of wittiness that college freshmen like to bestow upon the world, neither witty or original.

Comment

No. I think it comes off as a sort of wittiness that college freshmen like to bestow upon the world, neither witty or original.
                    I see. Just another double standard then. Fine.

Comment

I see. Just another double standard then. Fine.
                      A double standard of what?

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Ridiculous that anyone would jump to conclusions that life insurance for said fetus was a “right”
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                          A double standard of what?
                          Scooby just needs to drop a “i was wrong” and we will let him go attack another crazy slant

Comment

Scooby just needs to drop a “i was wrong” and we will let him go attack another crazy slant
                            As soon as the other side admits fault I'll do it. Until then, **** no.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              As soon as the other side admits fault I'll do it. Until then, **** no.
                              Except they are enacting real things. Scooby is just making chit up...ie wasting time

Comment

Except they are enacting real things. Scooby is just making chit up...ie wasting time
                                Sounds like you've just defined the word discussion in the context of a discussion board. Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                                X