Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

In private? Worthless...

Sorry I know people love to defend Mueller but if he has something to say the people need to know what it is. Things are teetering and he might be the only person who can connect all the dots for us. Testifying privately means he might as well not testify at all.
    This is a bit extreme. My understanding is that all of his testimony would be made public. Get him in there, under oath, to tell what he knows. If you need to call him back later, do so. I'm less interested in a public spectacle at this point and more interested in what criminal charges there are to nail Chump on.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    This is a bit extreme. My understanding is that all of his testimony would be made public. Get him in there, under oath, to tell what he knows. If you need to call him back later, do so. I'm less interested in a public spectacle at this point and more interested in what criminal charges there are to nail Chump on.
    The GrOPers' grandstanding won't be quite as ridiculous if there are no cameras.

But there will be a transcript which means they'll still be pandering to Dump & the Dumpies.

The best way to do this is have him ask to have the entire report read into the testimony as an exhibit. Presto -- it's public. Dump can't stop the House from printing its own document short of a Reichstag Fire. (I know, don't give them any ideas).
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-24-2019 at 08:49 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The GrOPers' grandstanding won't be quite as ridiculous if there are no cameras.

But there will be a transcript which means they'll still be pandering to Dump & the Dumpies.

The best way to do this is have him ask to have the entire report read into the testimony as an exhibit. Presto -- it's public. Dump can't stop the House from printing its own document short of a Reichstag Fire. (I know, don't give them any ideas).
    Yes that's a good idea. I don't need public hearings until he's already dead in the water politically and then you watch the rats jump off the sinking ship on live TV! While people are doing a lot of Watergate comparisons in terms of timing (it took about a year in a half maybe between the initial story breaking and Tricky Dick's resignation) there's several differences. Dems ran Congress back then from the beginning so they had more leverage to push the investigation, whereas Pelosi and crew just took over in January. Also Nixon wasn't officially croaked politically until the tape was released publically showing him actively directing the cover up. We've yet to get anything like that in this investigation so let's make sure we dot the i's and cross the t's until we do by running a solid inquiry and not a circus.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Draining the swamp.

President Trump has personally and repeatedly urged the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a border wall contract to a North Dakota construction firm whose top executive is a GOP donor and frequent guest on Fox News, according to four administration officials.

In phone calls, White House meetings and conversations aboard Air Force One during the past several months, Trump has aggressively pushed Dickinson, N.D.-based Fisher Industries to Department of Homeland Security leaders and Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, the commanding general of the Army Corps, according to the administration officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive internal discussions. The push for a specific company has alarmed military commanders and DHS officials.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

War Mongering Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Real 'Muricans drink Budweiser! Fark that IPA sheet!
    I never knew Real 'Muricans were actually Euro Lovers Might as well drink Stella (same company after all)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar
    And now Trump is eliminating health care protections for trans people.

All in the name of religious liberty.

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    And now Trump is eliminating health care protections for trans people.

All in the name of religious liberty.
    My delusion, err religion says I donít like abortions or gays! So therefore everyone must conform to me.

So we canít release mueller report but we can release this intel? Super

Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-24-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Dump runs the Oval Office like he is the President and majority shareholder of a closely held corporation engaged in the business of creating and marketing reality TV.

So Trump is declaring an emergency so he can sell arms to Saudi Arabia I hear...
    Last edited by Handyman; 05-24-2019 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Man never knew Rover was a chick

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Man never knew Rover was a chick
    That's more of a Scooby post...

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    That's more of a Scooby post...
    Nah Scooby would have been way more defeatist

BTW I alluded to this earlier:

Trump Declares Emergency For Arms Sale

The Trump administration has declared an emergency to bypass Congress and expedite billions of dollars in arms sales to various countries -- including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates -- citing the need to deter what it called "the malign influence" of Iran throughout the Middle East.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo formally told lawmakers Friday of the administration's plans.
    "These sales will support our allies, enhance Middle East stability, and help these nations to deter and defend themselves from the Islamic Republic of Iran," Pompeo said in a statement that put the value of the sales at $8.1 billion.
    In a Friday letter to congressional lawmakers, Pompeo said that he "determined that an emergency exists, which requires the immediate sale of the defense articles and defense services" to Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Jordan "in order to deter further the malign influence of the Government of Iran throughout the Middle East region," according to a copy obtained by CNN.
    The notification comes on the same day as President Donald Trump's announcement that he is sending an additional 1,500 US troops to the Middle East to counter Iran. Pompeo noted in his statement that "today's action will quickly augment our partners' capacity to provide for their own self-defense and reinforce recent changes to US posture in the region to deter Iran."
    This clown is selling weapons to autocrats who support terrorism to fight against a country that was no threat until he allowed them to have nuclear capabilities. But Hillary was the security risk.

Timothy A, Sicatoka and Drew are pumped though.

The best part:

CNN reported earlier Friday that the Trump administration was planning to announce its decision to use a pre-existing rule that would allow it to expedite arms sales to allies in the Middle East. The move drew bipartisan condemnation, with lawmakers decrying the precedent it sets, questioning the administration's claims of an emergency and raising the issue of Saudi Arabia's human rights record and the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
    I am sure Susan Collins and a few other Republicans are quite "troubled" by all of this but wont lift a finger to stop it because they are scum.
    Last edited by Handyman; 05-25-2019 at 12:30 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Wow subverting Congress to sell arms? Telling your AG to declassify snippets that make you look good while ****ing off allies?

Must be a tough day to be a republican. Oh, wait.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    So we canít release mueller report but we can release this intel? Super

First thing Barr asked for was our assets in Russia. Of course, you know Red Don's gonna be briefed on all of that, and of course, that means Putin's gonna know it too.

All of our sources, methods, and assets used to gather intelligence on Russia, and we're gonna tell them all about it.

What does our resident "highly valued our national security" expert think now?

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post

Thread Information