Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    They will subpoena him and I think he actually wants them to. This way he makes Trumpies believe he's on their side and when it happens they're going to be gobsmacked.
    It occurred to me too that if Mueller is worried about the fascist impulses of the GOP he might do something like that. I can see Dump et al. now setting him up with laudatory comments about his judiciousness ("NO COLLUSION!!!") and impartiality ("NO OBSTRUCTION!!!") up to the moment on the stand when he simply states the obvious: Dump is a flagrant criminal who cannot be prosecuted by anyone but Congress because of DOJ policy and Constitutional interpretation.

But I can't see him doing that. I don't see Mueller playing any "game" at all -- he's just doing his job within very tightly scoped bounds that he has set for himself, and thinking that the way to counter someone with no respect for law and process is not to make a hole in the process which you run through yourself.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Wrong.

Also wrong. They will subpoena him and I think he actually wants them to. This way he makes Trumpies believe he's on their side and when it happens they're going to be gobsmacked.
      Ok, whatever. Every single pundit I heard today said he will not answer anything that is not already in the report. But, you believe whatever you want to believe. I, however, will understand reality.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Ok, whatever. Every single pundit I heard today said he will not answer anything that is not already in the report. But, you believe whatever you want to believe. I, however, will understand reality.
        I don't think Mueller is going to speak to a hypothetical. He's gonna say, "I made my statement. It's the report. RTFM."
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I don't think Mueller is going to speak to a hypothetical. He's gonna say, "I made my statement. It's the report. RTFM."
          That is what I understand and everyone I have heard that has worked with/for him identify it as his methodology.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Wrong.

Also wrong. They will subpoena him and I think he actually wants them to. This way he makes Trumpies believe he's on their side and when it happens they're going to be gobsmacked.
            He said he will only speak in closed session. He has no interest in making his opinion public.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Then Scooby is right.

SJ that is an interesting article. Not sure I but it but it is interesting.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Then Scooby is right.
                I understand that is a risk.
                Cornell University

Comment

I understand that is a risk.
                  rotflmao

Comment

He said he will only speak in closed session. He has no interest in making his opinion public.
                    and didn't ben carson just try to tell congresspeople what he wanted to do while being questioned?
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The ones in the corners are so hard to get.
                      that's why god made clorox (or roundup )
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It occurred to me too that if Mueller is worried about the fascist impulses of the GOP he might do something like that. I can see Dump et al. now setting him up with laudatory comments about his judiciousness ("NO COLLUSION!!!") and impartiality ("NO OBSTRUCTION!!!") up to the moment on the stand when he simply states the obvious: Dump is a flagrant criminal who cannot be prosecuted by anyone but Congress because of DOJ policy and Constitutional interpretation.

But I can't see him doing that. I don't see Mueller playing any "game" at all -- he's just doing his job within very tightly scoped bounds that he has set for himself, and thinking that the way to counter someone with no respect for law and process is not to make a hole in the process which you run through yourself.
                        I think you have accurately described him.

Comment

That's not what Mueller said.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Wow. Related to Trump only wanting to see the idiot sailors who wore the home made maga patches on their shirt. Imagine if Obama had done this?

Comment

Working...
                                X