Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Democrats follow precedent. Republicans create precedent. Based on what I am hearing all Mueller really did today was tell Congress again, that it's their job to indict, not his.
    If Elizabeth Warren wins next year do you think she wants talk about Trump dominating the news during her presidency? There is a good reason presidents want to move on.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      If you're not going to get a conviction, why bother? That's something Newt, et al failed to realize.
      Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      If Elizabeth Warren wins next year do you think she wants talk about Trump dominating the news during her presidency? There is a good reason presidents want to move on.
      You both sound very concerned...

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        If you're not going to get a conviction, why bother? That's something Newt, et al failed to realize.
        Why bother? So, law-breaking by the president of the efin' United States should just get a pass? Just no consequences whatsoever?

I thought you guys were the law and order party?

Just another principle you've sold out for tax cuts, no abortions, and f@g hating?

If only you'd felt that way about Clinton getting knobbed on.
        Last edited by rufus; 05-29-2019, 12:02 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Why bother? So, law-breaking by the president of the efin' United States should just get a pass? Just no consequences whatsoever?

Just another principle you've sold out for tax cuts, no abortions, and f@g hating?
          Don’t forget the fourth Christian tenant, hating brown people!!

Comment

Have the justice department investigate the Dumps. The President doesn't have to have any part in it.

There has to be some sort of accountability or Dumps will keep happening and some of them will be smart and not inept. And if that doesn't frighten you, consider: Dumpism is non-ideological gangtserism, so the next Dump could as easily come from the Left. You maybe fine with a fascist tyrant, but what about a far left tyrant?

We let Iran-Contra and Iraq off without prosecution and that was a lethal mistake. We have to clean out the criminals from time to time or they come back stronger, richer, and more powerful each time.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Holding people accountable when they blatantly break the law (specifically the rich) is something that would be well supported on either side of the political aisle. IRT specifically it might not get over 50% support on the R side but it'd definitely have well over that on the D side and it'd probably be > 60% of the country.
              Originally posted by rufus View Post
              no abortions
              I think we know by now that Joe is a single issue voter.
              Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-29-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                Holding people accountable when they blatantly break the law (specifically the rich) is something that would be well supported on either side of the political aisle.
                You would think.

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Holding people accountable when they blatantly break the law (specifically the rich) is something that would be well supported on either side of the political aisle. IRT specifically it might not get over 50% support on the R side but it'd definitely have well over that on the D side and it'd probably be > 60% of the country.
                  Don't really understand why he feels he has a stake in that issue.

Certainly torture, holding kids in cages, and Meskin kids dying in concentration camps don't appear to offend his Christian sensibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    That's not fair, he has another, lesser issue that makes him vote Republican - immigration. Pat Buchanan has been spoon-feeding Joe on it for years.

Comment

What in the hell are you blabbering about?
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

If only you'd felt that way about Clinton getting knobbed on.
                        Rufus - take a glass of milk and a breather. The precedent was set with Clinton. Lying under oath was not deemed to be "high crimes and misdemeanors."

It was obvious from the start there were not sufficient votes to convict. It cost the GOP the House and two speakers their careers.
                        Last edited by joecct; 05-29-2019, 12:17 PM.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Rufus - take a glass of milk and a breather. The precedent was set with Clinton. Lying under oath was not deemed to be "high crimes and misdemeanors."
                          There is no comparison between Clinton and Dump's malfeasance.

It blows me away that a conscientious conservative would permit such a pernicious, anti-American stain to be in the White House just for short term political benefit.

You should feel shame, my friend.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-29-2019, 12:19 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            There is no comparison between Clinton and Dump's malfeasance.
                            No one does Apples and Oranges better than Republicans. No one.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

It was obvious from the start there were not sufficient votes to convict. It cost the GOP the House and two speakers their careers.
                              Thank you for your concern. Now go eff yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                Have the justice department investigate the Dumps. The President doesn't have to have any part in it.

There has to be some sort of accountability or Dumps will keep happening and some of them will be smart and not inept. And if that doesn't frighten you, consider: Dumpism is non-ideological gangtserism, so the next Dump could as easily come from the Left. You maybe fine with a fascist tyrant, but what about a far left tyrant?

We let Iran-Contra and Iraq off without prosecution and that was a lethal mistake. We have to clean out the criminals from time to time or they come back stronger, richer, and more powerful each time.
                                This. Serious prison times for those involved with the deaths of children in camps, and punishment for those who carried out these orders. Maybe no one will want to charge Trump personally for things he ordered because going after former Presidents terrifies politicians, but his family and financial empire is fair game.
                                Last edited by bronconick; 05-29-2019, 12:26 PM.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X