Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Remember, we're just hysterical.
    Most of the rabid Trumpers hate cops and any other type of authority. To them George Bush I was a fascist dictator.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Remember, we're just hysterical.
        And he's got the obligatory 3-names identification.

Comment

But another plausible explanation for why so many Democrats are now talking about impeachment is that’s what we in the media, primed by Trump, ask them to talk about — often to the exclusion of other substantive issues that those Democrats are working on and that voters care about.

The topic dominated Sunday morning political shows this past weekend. In one particularly frustrating exchange, NBC’s “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd asked Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) to address criticisms that the Democratic Party is too myopically focused on subpoenas and impeachment rather than “kitchen table” issues. He did this, of course, while only asking myopic questions about subpoenas and impeachment, and none about any of those “kitchen table” issues.
          ut, in fairness, there have been a lot of other issues — kitchen table issues, you might even say — that Democrats have also been pursuing, and to which pundits like me haven’t given sufficient time or attention. Many of the proposals are good, some are bad; but, in any case, it’s hard to argue that Democrats have been underinvesting in policy because they’re overinvesting in oversight.

There’s an energetic and contentious debate over the future of health care and the wisdom of a single-payer system. (For the record: I’m more optimistic about the creation of a public option that would coexist alongside private insurance, such as that proposed by the Medicare for America Act or the Medicare-X Choice Act.)

The 2020 candidates and other lawmakers — and their constituents — are still hashing that out. But, meanwhile, the Democratic-controlled House has already successfully passed a number of significant bills on health care and other areas voters say they care about.

One major bill addresses drug costs (by banning pay-for-delay generic prescription agreements) and repeals Trump’s expansion of junk insurance plans (which often don’t cover preexisting conditions). Another bill attempts to narrow the gender pay gap. Another would require the United States to remain in the Paris climate accord, while another reauthorizes the Violence Against Women Act.

Still another is a sweeping anti-corruption and election integrity measure. That may not exactly be a “kitchen table” issue, but it should theoretically appeal to all those Trumpkins who say they want to drain the swamp.

Again, these bills have all already passed the House. The reason they remain bills, rather than enacted legislation, is not that they’re being crowded out by Democrats’ supposedly all-consuming impeachment agenda. It’s that the Republican-controlled Senate refuses to take them up.
          This article nails it. The media is played so badly by Trump they dont even know it. Well some of them do...like say...Maggie Haberman at the NYTimes but at least she is doing it to protect her sources. She is completely selfish, not ignorant like many especially on TV.
          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The navy is gonna use stream! And not electric. Because I said so!!

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...cGQgCBMVRmrbKM

Comment

"It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital?"

Your president ladies and gentlemen...no wonder Drew loves him!
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                "It sounded bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital?"

Your president ladies and gentlemen...no wonder Drew loves him!
                Whatever the defense contractors want to do we should do. Surely they’re looking out more for the county than their bottom line.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Minor League Baseball's Fresno Grizzlies (Washington Nationals) apologized in the middle of the night for airing a Patriotic YouTube Clip in between their double header. The video was a combination of Regan's 1981 Inauguration Speech, a Jerry Bruckheimer-esque soundtrack underlay, and modern scenes and images spliced into the video.

Why?

Because at the following part of the speech where Regan speaks, these images are shown on screen:

"It is a weapon that our adversaries do not have. It is a weapon that Americans do have. Let that be understood by those who practice terrorism and prey upon their neighbors,"
                  [Various scenes from military flight decks of fighter jets taking off]

"As for the enemies of Freedom,"
                  [Photo of lone masked Anti-Fa person]

"Those who are potential adversaries,"
                  [Photo of Kim Jong-Un]

"They will be reminded that peace is the highest aspiration of the American people,"
                  [Photo of Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez]

"We will negotiate for it,"
                  [Photo of Fidel Castro]

"Sacrifice for it,"
                  [Photo of Anti-Fa rally]

"We will not surrender for it now or ever."
                  [Another photo of an Anti-Fa rally]

[Cut back to actual clip of Regan speaking]
                  Last edited by aparch; 05-28-2019, 10:43 AM.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Big surprise coming from Fresno. It's basically Ft. Worth with better weather.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Raisin capital of the world, IIRC. Also home of the War Nerd. It made him want to kill himself.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Devin Nunes is proud today

Comment

Raisin capital of the world, IIRC. Also home of the War Nerd. It made him want to kill himself.

Comment

Either Johan Franzen is recovering from his concussions, or he's had a setback.

Dear Lord, I take back all the wrongs I've said about Mule for the last eight years. I still don't forgive Ken Holland for signing him over Hossa. But this aside is best saved for the NHL thread...
                            Last edited by aparch; 05-28-2019, 11:50 AM.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Billy Graham's kid is a moron. I'm sure you're all shocked.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Billy Graham's kid is a moron. I'm sure you're all shocked.
                                Franklin Graham recently came under attack when he targeted 2020 candidate Pete Buttigieg, who identifies as a Christian and a gay man. Franklin Graham suggested that those values couldn’t be synonymous.
                                Jesus must be so proud.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X