Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 941 to 960 of 1001

Thread: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

  1. #941
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    117,971

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Not voting also means you are fine with either of the major party candidates winning.
    See? Can't win.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  2. #942
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    See? Can't win.
    If you think there is no measurable difference between the two major party candidates, then sure.

  3. #943
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    117,971

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    If you think there is no measurable difference between the two major party candidates, then sure.
    That is why I specified Biden/Bernie. And then got roasted.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  4. #944
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    That is why I specified Biden/Bernie. And then got roasted.
    So you believe there is no measurable difference between Joe Biden and Donald Trump.

  5. #945
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    117,971

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    So you believe there is no measurable difference between Joe Biden and Donald Trump.
    There are measurable differences, of which neither extreme I want a part of and is not a part of me. So if Biden (or Bernie) are the nominations, I shall look for another candidate closer to my values. Write one in, if I have to.

    Again, I say I'm actually planning to vote this time, whereas last time I was shunned for NOT voting at all. There is the conundrum that made me give up voting years ago. And yet again, ignoring the facts, doubt it would make much difference anyway in MN. (D) all the way for Prez (which is fine sometimes, don't get me wrong).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  6. #946
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    There are measurable differences, of which neither extreme I want a part of and is not a part of me. So if Biden (or Bernie) are the nominations, I shall look for another candidate closer to my values. Write one in, if I have to.
    Which gets us right back to where we were. By voting third party you are fine with either Biden or Trump winning. You may not like that but it's true. But if you think that both are equally bad, then you should vote third party. Again, just know what you are voting for.

  7. #947
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    117,971

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Which gets us right back to where we were. By voting third party you are fine with either Biden or Trump winning. You may not like that but it's true. But if you think that both are equally bad, then you should vote third party. Again, just know what you are voting for.
    One is lesser bad. I've stated that. And I'm tired of that. I will not vote for lesser bad. I will vote for who best represents me. Period.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  8. #948
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    One is lesser bad. I've stated that. And I'm tired of that. I will not vote for lesser bad. I will vote for who best represents me. Period.
    I understand. You dislike both but are fine with either.

  9. #949
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    117,971

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    I understand. You dislike both but are fine with either.
    This part. This is the part that makes me want to vomit and hate politics and sit on my couch and say eff it all because I'm not a big enough "entity" (so to speak) to be affected by any policy.

    People sticking words into other people's mouths, or warping what they are actually saying. It's disgusting. Here's some "both sides" stuff I continually face, along with others. Read the quoted post. Rs and Ds both do it, and both claim it's ok when MY side does it. Bullsh*. Look in the effin' mirror. We are all to blame because we are too self-absorbed with being on the "correct" side of things. Trouble is, we are only viewing it from our end. Not the ones who disagree with us. Truth.

    I'll make it offical. I'm rage-quitting this bullsh* "thread of discussion."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  10. #950
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    This part. This is the part that makes me want to vomit and hate politics and sit on my couch and say eff it all because I'm not a big enough "entity" (so to speak) to be affected by any policy.

    People sticking words into other people's mouths, or warping what they are actually saying. It's disgusting. Here's some "both sides" stuff I continually face, along with others. Read the quoted post. Rs and Ds both do it, and both claim it's ok when MY side does it. Bullsh*. Look in the effin' mirror. We are all to blame because we are too self-absorbed with being on the "correct" side of things. Trouble is, we are only viewing it from our end. Not the ones who disagree with us. Truth.

    I'll make it offical. I'm rage-quitting this bullsh* "thread of discussion."
    Im sorry that you dont like it, but its the logical implication of your position. As I said from the outset...know the consequences of your actions.

  11. #951
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,576

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    I’m still confused as to how Biden is as bad as trump. I mean, even in the rube’s universe I don’t see it.

  12. #952
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    117,971

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I’m still confused as to how Biden is as bad as trump. I mean, even in the rube’s universe I don’t see it.
    This is what I'm talking about. I am not saying Biden is as bad as Trump. He's not. Period. But he is far from who I want as Prez. Therefore, I will vote for someone closer to my standards.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  13. #953
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    28,576

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    This is what I'm talking about. I am not saying Biden is as bad as Trump. He's not. Period. But he is far from who I want as Prez. Therefore, I will vote for someone closer to my standards.
    You’re not answering the question. How is Biden bad. He’s as conservative as your going to get among the Dems.

  14. #954
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    31,185

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    I will not be influenced into voting for someone I don't believe in. I'm tired of voting for the "lesser evil." I will vote for the person who best represents my values. Not one candidate is perfect, as we have all seen. So this is the next best thing.
    Then with all due respect () you can take your Trump, "should be impeached" opinion and shove it. Not voting for the only person that can hopefully beat him = no values knowing what an affront to humanity the Trump administration has been.

  15. #955
    unofan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    19,442
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    That is why I specified Biden/Bernie. And then got roasted.
    Biden and Bernie are two opposite ends of the spectrum. You're essentially saying you'll never vote for a Dem.

  16. #956
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    This is what I'm talking about. I am not saying Biden is as bad as Trump. He's not. Period. But he is far from who I want as Prez. Therefore, I will vote for someone closer to my standards.
    This is exactly how we ended up with Trump

  17. #957
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    3,998
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    That is why I specified Biden/Bernie. And then got roasted.
    As you should have. Biden is about as “centrist” as you’ll get, so he should appeal to someone that dislikes Trump but thinks most of the Democrats are “too extreme”

  18. #958
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Mass.
    Posts
    4,919
    Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    As you should have. Biden is about as “centrist” as you’ll get, so he should appeal to someone that dislikes Trump but thinks most of the Democrats are “too extreme”
    Yeah, I don’t know how anyone could strongly dislike Biden. He’s a dinosaur and not super inspiring, but at this point he would be a breath of fresh air after four years of Trump.

  19. #959

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism
    Posts
    65,515

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew S. View Post
    Yeah, I don’t know how anyone could strongly dislike Biden.
    Opportunity cost.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  20. #960
    Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    An Airport Near You
    Posts
    31,939

    Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

    Biden is Trump Lite. I expect that to bite him in the arse in the opening debates, but if it doesn't, I'm prepared to pull the lever for him. Alas, there isn't a candidate out there who can deliver 100% of what I consider ideal, especially with a divided Congress.

    1. Higher taxes on the wealthy
    2. National healthcare
    3. A national infrastructure revitalization program
    4. Restoring trust with our foreign allies and partners
    5. Immigration reform that puts the onus on employers to verify status and (if required) visas, with heavy fines for violations which escalate for repeat offenses
    6. Tighter borders without a stupid wall, using modern surveillance techniques
    7. Reining in CBP and ensuring we employ agents who don't act like Gestapo
    8. A plan for addressing global climate change and US re-entry into the Paris Accords
    9. Shutdown the anti-vaxxer bullsh*t and mandate vaccines for all children who are deemed medically fit to receive them
    10. Middle ground on taxpayer-funded college
    11. Comprehensive sex ed and unfettered access to abortion on demand
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •