Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    There are measurable differences, of which neither extreme I want a part of and is not a part of me. So if Biden (or Bernie) are the nominations, I shall look for another candidate closer to my values. Write one in, if I have to.
    Which gets us right back to where we were. By voting third party you are fine with either Biden or Trump winning. You may not like that but it's true. But if you think that both are equally bad, then you should vote third party. Again, just know what you are voting for.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Which gets us right back to where we were. By voting third party you are fine with either Biden or Trump winning. You may not like that but it's true. But if you think that both are equally bad, then you should vote third party. Again, just know what you are voting for.
      One is lesser bad. I've stated that. And I'm tired of that. I will not vote for lesser bad. I will vote for who best represents me. Period.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

One is lesser bad. I've stated that. And I'm tired of that. I will not vote for lesser bad. I will vote for who best represents me. Period.
        I understand. You dislike both but are fine with either.
        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          I understand. You dislike both but are fine with either.
          This part. This is the part that makes me want to vomit and hate politics and sit on my couch and say eff it all because I'm not a big enough "entity" (so to speak) to be affected by any policy.

People sticking words into other people's mouths, or warping what they are actually saying. It's disgusting. Here's some "both sides" stuff I continually face, along with others. Read the quoted post. Rs and Ds both do it, and both claim it's ok when MY side does it. Bullsh*. Look in the effin' mirror. We are all to blame because we are too self-absorbed with being on the "correct" side of things. Trouble is, we are only viewing it from our end. Not the ones who disagree with us. Truth.

I'll make it offical. I'm rage-quitting this bullsh* "thread of discussion."
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

This part. This is the part that makes me want to vomit and hate politics and sit on my couch and say eff it all because I'm not a big enough "entity" (so to speak) to be affected by any policy.

People sticking words into other people's mouths, or warping what they are actually saying. It's disgusting. Here's some "both sides" stuff I continually face, along with others. Read the quoted post. Rs and Ds both do it, and both claim it's ok when MY side does it. Bullsh*. Look in the effin' mirror. We are all to blame because we are too self-absorbed with being on the "correct" side of things. Trouble is, we are only viewing it from our end. Not the ones who disagree with us. Truth.

I'll make it offical. I'm rage-quitting this bullsh* "thread of discussion."
            Im sorry that you dont like it, but its the logical implication of your position. As I said from the outset...know the consequences of your actions.
            North Dakota

Comment

I’m still confused as to how Biden is as bad as trump. I mean, even in the rube’s universe I don’t see it.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I’m still confused as to how Biden is as bad as trump. I mean, even in the rube’s universe I don’t see it.
                This is what I'm talking about. I am not saying Biden is as bad as Trump. He's not. Period. But he is far from who I want as Prez. Therefore, I will vote for someone closer to my standards.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  This is what I'm talking about. I am not saying Biden is as bad as Trump. He's not. Period. But he is far from who I want as Prez. Therefore, I will vote for someone closer to my standards.
                  You’re not answering the question. How is Biden bad. He’s as conservative as your going to get among the Dems.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    I will not be influenced into voting for someone I don't believe in. I'm tired of voting for the "lesser evil." I will vote for the person who best represents my values. Not one candidate is perfect, as we have all seen. So this is the next best thing.
                    Then with all due respect () you can take your Trump, "should be impeached" opinion and shove it. Not voting for the only person that can hopefully beat him = no values knowing what an affront to humanity the Trump administration has been.

Comment

That is why I specified Biden/Bernie. And then got roasted.
                      Biden and Bernie are two opposite ends of the spectrum. You're essentially saying you'll never vote for a Dem.

Comment

This is exactly how we ended up with Trump

Comment

That is why I specified Biden/Bernie. And then got roasted.
                          As you should have. Biden is about as “centrist” as you’ll get, so he should appeal to someone that dislikes Trump but thinks most of the Democrats are “too extreme”

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                            As you should have. Biden is about as “centrist” as you’ll get, so he should appeal to someone that dislikes Trump but thinks most of the Democrats are “too extreme”
                            Yeah, I don’t know how anyone could strongly dislike Biden. He’s a dinosaur and not super inspiring, but at this point he would be a breath of fresh air after four years of Trump.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Yeah, I don’t know how anyone could strongly dislike Biden.
                              Opportunity cost.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Biden is Trump Lite. I expect that to bite him in the arse in the opening debates, but if it doesn't, I'm prepared to pull the lever for him. Alas, there isn't a candidate out there who can deliver 100% of what I consider ideal, especially with a divided Congress.

1. Higher taxes on the wealthy
                                2. National healthcare
                                3. A national infrastructure revitalization program
                                4. Restoring trust with our foreign allies and partners
                                5. Immigration reform that puts the onus on employers to verify status and (if required) visas, with heavy fines for violations which escalate for repeat offenses
                                6. Tighter borders without a stupid wall, using modern surveillance techniques
                                7. Reining in CBP and ensuring we employ agents who don't act like Gestapo
                                8. A plan for addressing global climate change and US re-entry into the Paris Accords
                                9. Shutdown the anti-vaxxer bullsh*t and mandate vaccines for all children who are deemed medically fit to receive them
                                10. Middle ground on taxpayer-funded college
                                11. Comprehensive sex ed and unfettered access to abortion on demand

Comment

Working...
                                X