Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

'Member last time I got beeched at for not voting in a state that was most certainly going to vote (D) because that's the way it's been for 70 years?
    Now I'm going to vote, but not for Biden/Bernie nor Trump?

And now I'm getting ripped for voting, because it's not "your person?"

Funny. Hilarious.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      'Member last time I got beeched at for not voting in a state that was most certainly going to vote (D) because that's the way it's been for 70 years?
      Now I'm going to vote, but not for Biden/Bernie nor Trump?

And now I'm getting ripped for voting, because it's not "your person?"

Funny. Hilarious.
      You vote for whoever you want. My point is that by voting third party (and hence for someone who won't win) you are implicitly fine with either of the two major party candidates winning. For someone who purportedly wants Trump impeached, I find it astonishing that you would be fine with him winning a second term if Biden (or Bernie) get the democratic nomination.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        You vote for whoever you want. My point is that by voting third party (and hence for someone who won't win) you are implicitly fine with either of the two major party candidates winning. For someone who purportedly wants Trump impeached, I find it astonishing that you would be fine with him winning a second term if Biden (or Bernie) get the democratic nomination.
        I'm not okay with a Trump second term.

Let me rephrase: "Anyone but Hillary" is how Trump won in the first place.
        Now it's "anyone but Trump." Same. Difference. Vote just to get that other person not to win. That is the wrong approach to our politics. Frankly, blow it all up, start from scratch. Don't play both sides of the fence and say "Just vote" and then in the next breath "Just vote, but vote for someone (who happens to be my candidate) who has a chance of winning.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I'm not okay with a Trump second term.

Let me rephrase: "Anyone but Hillary" is how Trump won in the first place.
          Now it's "anyone but Trump." Same. Difference. Vote just to get that other person not to win. That is the wrong approach to our politics. Frankly, blow it all up, start from scratch. Don't play both sides of the fence and say "Just vote" and then in the next breath "Just vote, but vote for someone (who happens to be my candidate) who has a chance of winning.
          As I said, vote for whoever you want. Just know what you are voting for.
          North Dakota

Comment

As I said, vote for whoever you want. Just know what you are voting for.
            I agree with that. Just because I vote (maybe) for an Indie, doesn't mean I'm okay with Trump. Those posters who are putting that thought out can bite themselves.

Comment

If there isn't a Mondale like a**whipping of Trump, then those voters are fine with concentration camps, lynchings, and white hoods.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I agree with that. Just because I vote (maybe) for an Indie, doesn't mean I'm okay with Trump. Those posters who are putting that thought out can bite themselves.
                You may not like it, but voting third party means you are implicitly fine with either of the major party candidates winning. There is really no way around that in a two party system.
                North Dakota

Comment

You may not like it, but voting third party means you are implicitly fine with either of the major party candidates winning. There is really no way around that in a two party system.
                  Well, I didn't vote last time, and would have voted 3rd party last time, and got ripped for not voting at all. And again, in a state where it won't matter. So I can't win. Maybe I'll just stay home again and not waste my time.

Comment

Well, I didn't vote last time, and would have voted 3rd party last time, and got ripped for not voting at all. And again, in a state where it won't matter. So I can't win. Maybe I'll just stay home again and not waste my time.
                    Not voting also means you are fine with either of the major party candidates winning.
                    North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      You may not like it, but voting third party means you are implicitly hoping that enough of your fellow voters recognize that an election involving two parties "is always between a doouche and a turd" and maybe, by voting differently, the system will change. It's delusional (FWIW, I'm just as delusional) but there is really no way around that in a two party system
                      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                      Groucho Marx
                      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                      Ron White
                      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                      Milo Bloom

Comment

Not voting also means you are fine with either of the major party candidates winning.
                        See? Can't win.

Comment

See? Can't win.
                          If you think there is no measurable difference between the two major party candidates, then sure.
                          North Dakota

Comment

If you think there is no measurable difference between the two major party candidates, then sure.
                            That is why I specified Biden/Bernie. And then got roasted.

Comment

That is why I specified Biden/Bernie. And then got roasted.
                              So you believe there is no measurable difference between Joe Biden and Donald Trump.
                              North Dakota

Comment

So you believe there is no measurable difference between Joe Biden and Donald Trump.
                                There are measurable differences, of which neither extreme I want a part of and is not a part of me. So if Biden (or Bernie) are the nominations, I shall look for another candidate closer to my values. Write one in, if I have to.

Again, I say I'm actually planning to vote this time, whereas last time I was shunned for NOT voting at all. There is the conundrum that made me give up voting years ago. And yet again, ignoring the facts, doubt it would make much difference anyway in MN. (D) all the way for Prez (which is fine sometimes, don't get me wrong).

Comment

Working...
                                X