Page 1 of 51 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Continue.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Maybe the best thing to come out of this administration is the dramatic and thorough refutation of the perennial belief by Joe Six Packs throughout the land that "I could do just as good as any of them so-called 'experts.'"

Because, no. No, you really can't. You have no idea what you don't know and what you can't do. You don't know a thing about science or finance or government or history. Now go home and f-ck your wife and beat your kids, or vice-versa. That's your speed.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You don't know a thing about science or finance or government or history.
    And they're proud of it, too.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Maybe the best thing to come out of this administration is the dramatic and thorough refutation of the perennial belief by Joe Six Packs throughout the land that "I could do just as good as any of them so-called 'experts.'"

Because, no. No, you really can't. You have no idea what you don't know and what you can't do. You don't know a thing about science or finance or government or history. Now go home and f-ck your wife and beat your kids, or vice-versa. That's your speed.
    If they could learn that lesson from all of this, they wouldn't have thought that in the first place.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Nope. Won't happen.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

But wait a minute, they think Trump is doing a great job. Everything he's done is awesome, and should have been done years ago, so America would be great, instead of the chithole it is now.

All because of those commie libs.

I guess I’m just being hysterical if I find this worrisome

War Mongering Conservadem!

Drew thinks that is good. Sicatoka sees no issue.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Drew thinks that is good. Sicatoka sees no issue.
    Something something "watch what the other hand is doing" something something.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Thousands of immigrants forced into solitary confinement for being physically disabled or gay.

If you thought I was posting a link to the Holocaust Museum, you're wrong.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

What’s sad is these stories are so common now with republicans that the shock value is gone. There is no rock bottom, and there never appears to be consequences

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Thousands of immigrants forced into solitary confinement for being physically disabled or gay.

If you thought I was posting a link to the Holocaust Museum, you're wrong.
    But don't you dare call them concentration camps. That's just so uncivil.

And bordering on hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    What’s sad is these stories are so common now with republicans that the shock value is gone.
    Do that to unshaven, beer-bellied white guys wearing sleeveless Ts and they will start to care.

https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...ell-rand-paul/

Surely It's a Coincidence That a Firm Tied to a Russian Oligarch Is Pouring Millions Into Kentucky

It seems that Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin was hot to build a new aluminum milling plant, but that the proposed location was not suitable for such a large operation. The cost of finding a new location drained the project's funds. And along came the Volga Bagmen to the rescue.

Enter Rusal, a Russian aluminum company that until just three months ago was barred from doing business in the United States in part because of its ties to Deripaska. The Trump administration lifted the sanctions in January after Deripaska agreed to reduce his ownership stake in the Moscow-based company, the world’s second-largest aluminum manufacturer, from 70% to less than 45%.

But there was Kentucky-specific help needed, too.

And that came only after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell backed that decision despite large numbers of Republicans and Democrats who objected to allowing Rusal and its parent company En+ Group into the United States. The House voted to keep the sanctions 362-53, but the Senate fell three votes short of the 60 votes needed to end a filibuster. McConnell, along with Sen. Rand Paul, voted against the resolution.
    Checks and Balances. Right?

Huh. Weren't we all told that Trump was the champion of nationalism and wasn't one of those "Globalists" that would allow that sort of thing...

And weren't we told that there obviously was zero Russian influence?

Huh. Weren't we all told that Trump was the champion of nationalism and wasn't one of those "Globalists" that would allow that sort of thing...

Mob Rules in the US.

Was listening to a Medical Doctor discussing the ramifications of the laws that are being passed in Alabama, etc. and it's quite frightening how little compassion we have for families that one minute are celebrating a pending birth of a child and then the next minute are planning a funeral. But, hey, "pro life".

It gets juicier.

Rachel Maddow notes how the dots connect awkwardly for Mitch McConnell after the wife of the lobbyist who alerted McConnell to a huge Russian investment in Kentucky was suddenly processed for a federal judgeship for which she is not qualified. Within five weeks of Mitch McConnell getting that call from David Vitter saying, Hey I've got an aluminum plant we're going to put in your home state! Thanks from Oleg! —Wendy Vitter's nomination got pulled off the trash heap by McConnell.

And now she is a federal judge. For life.
    https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...WKWkwIx2tChyKg

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I can't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    I can't even.
    It's a pretty amazing story. A lifetime Judgeship for someone who is not qualified as the quid pro quo. And, nothing can be done about it.

This is interesting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/n...JAq9TQ4_ttPzu0

The New York State Assembly passed a bill on Tuesday that would allow state prosecutors to pursue charges against any individual granted a presidential pardon for similar federal crimes, closing a loophole that lawmakers said could be exploited by President Trump in a bid to indemnify former associates.

The bill, which has already passed the State Senate and has the support of Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, would exempt the state’s so-called double jeopardy law from cases involving presidential pardons, something supporters say is necessary to stave off a possible abuse of Mr. Trump’s pardon power.

On Wednesday, the Legislature — controlled by Democrats — is expected to pass a separate bill that would allow three congressional committees to seek Mr. Trump’s state tax returns; that bill also has the support of Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat in his third term.

The legislative efforts may prove a viable way to circumvent the White House’s stonewalling of attempts by the House of Representatives to investigate behavior of the Republican president and his subordinates. On Tuesday, Donald F. McGahn II, the former White House counsel, ignored a House subpoena to testify on attempts to obstruct the investigation into Russia’s involvement in the 2016 election.
    Pretty sad that a State has to do the Congress' job for them. It will be interesting to see if it works. Also interesting that there is a loophole they had to close or the pardons may have worked.

Thread Information