Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:53: I Didn't Appoint That Judge So It Doesn't Matter.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I see a 22 trillion dollar debt from lost fair tax revenue from the rich which prevents everything from single payer to a green new deal. And I see an enormous expansion in the military and in the military role in America life, which causes everything from forever war to terrorism to the erosion of civil liberties. And I see the loss of democratic institutions which keeps the former two gravy trains rolling.
    The debt doesn't actually prevent any of those things from happening but with the way the right wing frames it and how the dems just accept it you would think that's gospel.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      The debt doesn't actually prevent any of those things from happening but with the way the right wing frames it and how the dems just accept it you would think that's gospel.
      By "prevent" I mean serves as a useful tool so ostensible allies like Rover can bleat "we can't afford that!!!"
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Hey now, gays can marry and that really ruined the daily lives of conservatives. Let us not forget that.
        That's true. Conservatives - no, actually just white conservatives - are now required to get married to a gay person. Common knowledge.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          That's true. Conservatives - no, actually just white conservatives - are now required to get married to a gay person. Common knowledge.
          TBF blacks are way more homophobic than whites. They have the Jesus Disease bigly.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            And the imprisonment of an entire generation of non-whites in a desperate attempt to keep the electorate white.
            But, alas, as Rover said. Republicans haven't accomplished anything in the last 40 years.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              After they recover from the mandatory abortion.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                But, alas, as Rover said. Republicans haven't accomplished anything in the last 40 years.
                I know, right? Voter suppression was just a natural phenomenon with no human cause, like climate change and the whittling down of reproductive rights.
                Cornell University

Comment

You're assuming they survive the Death Panels.
                  Cornell University

Comment

RlP...
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I asked you guys what they've accomplished legislatively post Reagan. Good call out of the Patriot Act by trix. I agree the courts are a problem, but look, that's a failure of the left to show up for elections when court control hung in the balance, not some brilliant strategy by the Itch McConnell's of the world. Bill First and Trent Lott got judges confirmed too. Heck, Scooby as Majority Leader could get judges confirmed.

In the meantime, again post Reagan (so 1989 on) we've seen the Americans with Disabilities Act, an updated Clean Air Act, Brady Bill, Motor Voter Law, ChiP, Sarbanes-Oxley, ACA, and Dodd-Frank.

Look, I know you guys (trix/Kep/Scoobs) like to use bad news to stimulate yourselves mentally and otherwise, but you need a fair assessment of things. Post Reagan taxes have gone up (Bush I), up again (Clinton), down (Bush II), up (Obama) and down again (Chump). That lays the groundwork for another tax hike on the rich as 1) its been done before and 2) the last tax cut bill was widely unpopular which is unprecedented in recent memory. This is why I'm a big supporter of Elizabeth Warren who has realistic policy proposals and not pie in the sky stuff.

But you guys like to be victims. The American public doesn't vote for victims, it likes winners. If you campaign on a 40 year record of impotence and no achievements, why would you think the average voter should trust you to enact anything once in office? Most likely you'll revert back to wild conspiracy theories if you have to compromise on something.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Why are we starting with post-Reagan? That alone is telling...

As for this:

an updated Clean Air Act
                        Our planet is literally cooking and is on an irreversible course, I'm glad we lowered pollution but this on its own isn't nearly good enough.

Motor Voter Law,
                        Already being chipped away with the Ohio Ruling.

Brady Bill
                        Better than nothing I guess, which is the best you can say about most dem policies.

Dodd-Frank
                        They literally just rolled back a bunch of the regulations in this bill a year ago.

ACA
                        Our healthcare system is still a disaster, the patient protection part is good though.

ChiP
                        Isn't this still being held hostage by Republicans?

, Sarbanes-Oxley,
                        IDK as much about this one but sure, we'll call it a win.
                        Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-30-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I asked you guys what they've accomplished legislatively post Reagan. Good call out of the Patriot Act by trix. I agree the courts are a problem, but look, that's a failure of the left to show up for elections when court control hung in the balance, not some brilliant strategy by the Itch McConnell's of the world. Bill First and Trent Lott got judges confirmed too. Heck, Scooby as Majority Leader could get judges confirmed.

In the meantime, again post Reagan (so 1989 on) we've seen the Americans with Disabilities Act, an updated Clean Air Act, Brady Bill, Motor Voter Law, ChiP, Sarbanes-Oxley, ACA, and Dodd-Frank.

Look, I know you guys (trix/Kep/Scoobs) like to use bad news to stimulate yourselves mentally and otherwise, but you need a fair assessment of things. Post Reagan taxes have gone up (Bush I), up again (Clinton), down (Bush II), up (Obama) and down again (Chump). That lays the groundwork for another tax hike on the rich as 1) its been done before and 2) the last tax cut bill was widely unpopular which is unprecedented in recent memory. This is why I'm a big supporter of Elizabeth Warren who has realistic policy proposals and not pie in the sky stuff.

But you guys like to be victims. The American public doesn't vote for victims, it likes winners. If you campaign on a 40 year record of impotence and no achievements, why would you think the average voter should trust you to enact anything once in office? Most likely you'll revert back to wild conspiracy theories if you have to compromise on something.
                          I love how you dismiss the 23 trillion dollars that was stolen. Like it was nothing. But, for legislation how about the war powers they gave the President after 9/11? But, whatever.

The 23 trillion dollars is what matters to me. And you and the centrists don't seem to care.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            Why are we starting with post-Reagan? That alone is telling...
                            Cause that's when the great heist happened.

Comment

Because Reagan is when things changed. Why do you think Scooby uses "40 years"? Reagan winning in '80 was a turning point for the Country and was also the major shift in the Republican Party. The current model is a direct offshoot still running the same policies. (i.e. Reaganomics) Reagan was the death of true Conservatism (Barry Goldwater-esque Republicans) and was a full tilt to the Right on everything including bowing to the Evangelicals)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Cause that's when the great heist happened.
                                The first of the three great heists. Saint Ronnie. Dubya. Dump. The heists which delivered the country into the hands of the .01%. All of them happened because of the voting patterns of the very people -- lower middle class whites -- who were hurt the most by them. Not counting their children who are lost in the wars to keep the wealthy's stock prices high, the gun deaths and suicides they suffer from being ceaselessly marketed to by the arms dealers, and the depression and drug addiction that they fall prey to because they live in a world without hope.

If the conservative voter base realized what the Plutes have done to them as a reward for their support, for just one night, there wouldn't be a Republican political figure, media personality, or donor left alive in this country.
                                Last edited by Kepler; 05-30-2019, 10:27 AM.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X