Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: 2019 Schedules

  1. #21
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,033

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    OMG I do not want to hear another word about BC playing soft schedule everrrrrrrr again
    BC has now become part of other team's soft schedules. :O
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  2. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Rosemount, MN
    Posts
    2,843

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    OMG I do not want to hear another word about BC playing soft schedule everrrrrrrr again
    Ok, but is that because now they will be part of someone's soft schedule?

    Geez, Tim beat me to it...Either that or we get the same 4AM talking points like the lame stream media.
    Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 06-14-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    "The decline of western civilization can be traced directly to bands no longer having horn sections. I'm pretty sure that's science."

  3. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,227

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    On one hand, the Princeton - Wisconsin weekend is pretty clearly the second half of a 'home and home' series; Princeton at UW last year, UW at Princeton this year. And UW going all the way to NY to play a brand new team (the rest of whose schedule is St Anselm and Franklin Pierce) seems awfully unlikely; I'd find it slightly more believable if is were LUI coming to Madison.

    On the other hand, for some reason and oddly, the UW schedule has been posted at their web site for about a month now, but never officially 'announced'.

    I googled the LIU coach to see if somehow Coach Johnson or AD Barry Alvarez know him, are friends with him, etc etc, and would be willing to do him a favor (UW football contracted with UNLV to play in Nevada years ago largely because an assistant AD at UNLV used to work for UW). The only thing at all close I saw was the LIU coach used to be the head coach at St Norbert's College, a DIII program in De Pere, WI (just outside of Green Bay).

    In short, I'll believe it when UW says it is happening.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,988
    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    On one hand, the Princeton - Wisconsin weekend is pretty clearly the second half of a 'home and home' series; Princeton at UW last year, UW at Princeton this year. And UW going all the way to NY to play a brand new team (the rest of whose schedule is St Anselm and Franklin Pierce) seems awfully unlikely; I'd find it slightly more believable if is were LUI coming to Madison.

    On the other hand, for some reason and oddly, the UW schedule has been posted at their web site for about a month now, but never officially 'announced'.

    I googled the LIU coach to see if somehow Coach Johnson or AD Barry Alvarez know him, are friends with him, etc etc, and would be willing to do him a favor (UW football contracted with UNLV to play in Nevada years ago largely because an assistant AD at UNLV used to work for UW). The only thing at all close I saw was the LIU coach used to be the head coach at St Norbert's College, a DIII program in De Pere, WI (just outside of Green Bay).

    In short, I'll believe it when UW says it is happening.
    It might be LIU's biggest gate of the year.

  5. #25
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,227

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    It might be LIU's biggest gate of the year.

    I googled the two rinks LIU is planning on using as home ice, and could not find a seating capacity for either. There's both apparently NY Islander practice facilities.

  6. #26
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,033

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    In short, I'll believe it when UW says it is happening.
    If LIU is saying it in on the internet, it must be true! Maybe UW will get 5 homes series out of it for the price of one away. Or UW is afraid of a 20-0 bloodbath on home ice. I of course would not object, who doesn't want to see quad hatties in one game or a shotless game for the opponent? There are some, however, who think every fight has to be a fair one. That's not life, that is for sure.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  7. #27
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,033

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Ok, but is that because now they will be part of someone's soft schedule?

    Geez, Tim beat me to it...Either that or we get the same 4AM talking points like the lame stream media.
    The tears of the sad events of BC hockey are making it awfully hard to light him up. We need more gas! or thinner.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  8. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,227

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    If LIU is saying it in on the internet, it must be true! Maybe UW will get 5 homes series out of it for the price of one away. Or UW is afraid of a 20-0 bloodbath on home ice. I of course would not object, who doesn't want to see quad hatties in one game or a shotless game for the opponent? There are some, however, who think every fight has to be a fair one. That's not life, that is for sure.
    (Did you pick 20-0 randomly, or because of the men's team beating Univ of Windsor 20-0? I happened to have been there that night. "5... 10... 15... 20" We *really* don't want any more! )

  9. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunny SoCal - Home of the Cup
    Posts
    285

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    If LIU is saying it in on the internet, it must be true! Maybe UW will get 5 homes series out of it for the price of one away. Or UW is afraid of a 20-0 bloodbath on home ice. I of course would not object, who doesn't want to see quad hatties in one game or a shotless game for the opponent? There are some, however, who think every fight has to be a fair one. That's not life, that is for sure.
    I don't think it would be a 20-0 bloodbath. LIU has recruited some legit D1 talent. Not saying it will be close just not that bad. LIU should be ok. Its not like a team that is transitioning from club or D3 that is still carrying a bunch of club or D3 players. Granted LIU doesn't have the cream of the recruits and definitely will have some players who would be better off in D3. But it should be able to field a legitimate D1 team this season. I would not be surprised it its not the worst D1 team this season.

  10. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,278

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightnut View Post
    I don't think it would be a 20-0 bloodbath. LIU has recruited some legit D1 talent. Not saying it will be close just not that bad. LIU should be ok. Its not like a team that is transitioning from club or D3 that is still carrying a bunch of club or D3 players. Granted LIU doesn't have the cream of the recruits and definitely will have some players who would be better off in D3. But it should be able to field a legitimate D1 team this season. I would not be surprised it its not the worst D1 team this season.
    Maybe I'm biased being from Brooklyn, but I think some might underestimate the draw of going to school in NYC, with the campus and dorms in Downtown Brooklyn which has really been built out into Manhattan-lite. I think if the school shows that they're investing in the program it could become a really attractive option to players, likely not near the level of the prestigious women's hockey schools but still an attractive option.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  11. #31
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,033

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    (Did you pick 20-0 randomly, or because of the men's team beating Univ of Windsor 20-0? I happened to have been there that night. "5... 10... 15... 20" We *really* don't want any more! )
    Random....What an awesome cheer that must have been.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  12. #32
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Maybe I'm biased being from Brooklyn, but I think some might underestimate the draw of going to school in NYC, with the campus and dorms in Downtown Brooklyn which has really been built out into Manhattan-lite. I think if the school shows that they're investing in the program it could become a really attractive option to players, likely not near the level of the prestigious women's hockey schools but still an attractive option.
    Oh I definitely agree with this. Gonna be hard recruiting in the NEWHA but I'm guessing St. A's is going to have some real competition after LIU has a couple recruiting cycles.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 06-14-2019 at 08:45 PM.

  13. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightnut View Post
    I don't think it would be a 20-0 bloodbath. LIU has recruited some legit D1 talent. Not saying it will be close just not that bad. LIU should be ok. Its not like a team that is transitioning from club or D3 that is still carrying a bunch of club or D3 players. Granted LIU doesn't have the cream of the recruits and definitely will have some players who would be better off in D3. But it should be able to field a legitimate D1 team this season. I would not be surprised it its not the worst D1 team this season.
    Iím curious as to who you think they have coming in as Ďlegit D1 talentí? They had to chose from a pool of players thatís been picked over for the last 3-4 years.

  14. #34
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,227

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Oh I definitely agree with this. Gonna be hard recruiting I'm the NEWHA but I'm guessing St. A's is going to have some real competition after LIU has a couple recruiting cycles.
    LOL.

    But seriously, folks... is there a team who has done something similar to what LUI is trying to do? Is Merrimack a fair comparison? Lindenwood? Somebody else?

    Or. have any of the NEWHA teams played games or series against ECAC or HE, etc teams semi-recently, and how did they do?
    Last edited by robertearle; 06-14-2019 at 05:01 PM.

  15. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunny SoCal - Home of the Cup
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by pucko View Post
    Iím curious as to who you think they have coming in as Ďlegit D1 talentí? They had to chose from a pool of players thatís been picked over for the last 3-4 years.
    That is true but there are always late developers. Latorella, Spino & Hinch to name 3. I didnít say this was a top recruiting class as they obviously got a late start. But itís not without D1 talent. They should be low end competitive.

  16. #36
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    25

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    I think some perspective might help...The new NEWHA with first year LIU-B will need some time to become competitive...St Anselm is head and shoulders above the other members,but, if you look at last year, they lost to Williams and Hamline...The Hamline game was never close. it can be easily surmised that St Anselm would have been third in the WIAC (behind UW Riverfalls and UW Eau Claire). In the MIAC, they may have been 4th.... Hamline and St Thomas were way better teams and maybe GAC...so an entirely new team with mainly freshman at LIU-B will struggle just in the NEWHA...

    Now then,for how these teams compete at D1, look no further than Holy Cross....two years ago HC and St Anselm were top of the D2 world and competed against each other very well...this last year Holy Cross went full D1 by joining Hockey East...good for them...however please note the won exactly ONE(1) game..

    The teams in the NEWHA will need time,though it is nice that the NCAA has a mechanism for the D2 schools to participate in a post season tourney..

  17. #37
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,762

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    LOL.
    You might have misunderstood my post, I was implying that LIU could have some success relative to St. A's. Not relative to, like, your standard D1 teams.

  18. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,227

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    You might have misunderstood my post, I was implying that LIU could have some success relative to St. A's. Not relative to, like, your standard D1 teams.
    I fully understood that. I found the element of sarcasm in the way you phrased it to be funny.

  19. #39
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,762

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    I fully understood that. I found the element of sarcasm in the way you phrased it to be funny.
    Ohhh -- I wasn't being sarcastic! haha

  20. #40
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    613

    Re: 2019 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Ohhh -- I wasn't being sarcastic! haha
    I have that trouble, too.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •