Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Schedules

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
    (Did you pick 20-0 randomly, or because of the men's team beating Univ of Windsor 20-0? I happened to have been there that night. "5... 10... 15... 20" We *really* don't want any more! )
    Random....What an awesome cheer that must have been.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      Maybe I'm biased being from Brooklyn, but I think some might underestimate the draw of going to school in NYC, with the campus and dorms in Downtown Brooklyn which has really been built out into Manhattan-lite. I think if the school shows that they're investing in the program it could become a really attractive option to players, likely not near the level of the prestigious women's hockey schools but still an attractive option.
      Oh I definitely agree with this. Gonna be hard recruiting in the NEWHA but I'm guessing St. A's is going to have some real competition after LIU has a couple recruiting cycles.
      Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 06-14-2019, 08:45 PM.
      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
        I don't think it would be a 20-0 bloodbath. LIU has recruited some legit D1 talent. Not saying it will be close just not that bad. LIU should be ok. Its not like a team that is transitioning from club or D3 that is still carrying a bunch of club or D3 players. Granted LIU doesn't have the cream of the recruits and definitely will have some players who would be better off in D3. But it should be able to field a legitimate D1 team this season. I would not be surprised it its not the worst D1 team this season.
        I’m curious as to who you think they have coming in as ‘legit D1 talent’? They had to chose from a pool of players that’s been picked over for the last 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          Oh I definitely agree with this. Gonna be hard recruiting I'm the NEWHA but I'm guessing St. A's is going to have some real competition after LIU has a couple recruiting cycles.
          LOL.

But seriously, folks... is there a team who has done something similar to what LUI is trying to do? Is Merrimack a fair comparison? Lindenwood? Somebody else?

Or. have any of the NEWHA teams played games or series against ECAC or HE, etc teams semi-recently, and how did they do?
          Last edited by robertearle; 06-14-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pucko View Post
            I’m curious as to who you think they have coming in as ‘legit D1 talent’? They had to chose from a pool of players that’s been picked over for the last 3-4 years.
            That is true but there are always late developers. Latorella, Spino & Hinch to name 3. I didn’t say this was a top recruiting class as they obviously got a late start. But it’s not without D1 talent. They should be low end competitive.

Comment

I think some perspective might help...The new NEWHA with first year LIU-B will need some time to become competitive...St Anselm is head and shoulders above the other members,but, if you look at last year, they lost to Williams and Hamline...The Hamline game was never close. it can be easily surmised that St Anselm would have been third in the WIAC (behind UW Riverfalls and UW Eau Claire). In the MIAC, they may have been 4th.... Hamline and St Thomas were way better teams and maybe GAC...so an entirely new team with mainly freshman at LIU-B will struggle just in the NEWHA...

Now then,for how these teams compete at D1, look no further than Holy Cross....two years ago HC and St Anselm were top of the D2 world and competed against each other very well...this last year Holy Cross went full D1 by joining Hockey East...good for them...however please note the won exactly ONE(1) game..

The teams in the NEWHA will need time,though it is nice that the NCAA has a mechanism for the D2 schools to participate in a post season tourney..

Comment

LOL.
                You might have misunderstood my post, I was implying that LIU could have some success relative to St. A's. Not relative to, like, your standard D1 teams.

Comment

You might have misunderstood my post, I was implying that LIU could have some success relative to St. A's. Not relative to, like, your standard D1 teams.
                  I fully understood that. I found the element of sarcasm in the way you phrased it to be funny.

Comment

I fully understood that. I found the element of sarcasm in the way you phrased it to be funny.
                    Ohhh -- I wasn't being sarcastic! haha

Comment

Ohhh -- I wasn't being sarcastic! haha
                      I have that trouble, too.

Comment

As listed on the web site of the still not officially announced Wisconsin schedule, the Princeton series for Oct 18 and 19 is no longer there. That is a change that happened with in the last day or two. There is nothing currently listed for that weekend, and nothing 'new' has been added - including any mention of LIU.

So... stay tuned?
                        Last edited by robertearle; 06-18-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

As listed on the web site of the still not officially announced Wisconsin schedule, the Princeton series for Oct 18 and 19 is no longer there. That is a change that happened with in the last day or two. There is nothing currently listed for that weekend, and nothing 'new' has been added - including any mention of LIU.

So... stay tuned?
                          And now the UW web site lists the LIU series. Friday night Oct 18, Sat afternoon, Oct 19.

Somebody must be doing somebody a big favor....

Comment

And now the UW web site lists the LIU series. Friday night Oct 18, Sat afternoon, Oct 19.

Somebody must be doing somebody a big favor....
                            Blowout city.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              Blowout city.
                              Maybe LIU will be to UW women what Holy Cross is to UM men.

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                                Maybe LIU will be to UW women what Holy Cross is to UM men.
                                they could use the Lindenwood method to avoid a sweep

gas 'em

Comment

Working...
                                X