2019 Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Schedules

Why would a premier program like Wisconsin schedule a series with a newcomer? What's the takeaway for Wisconsin?

Comment

Originally posted by gotanytape View Post
      https://liuathletics.com/news/2019/6...r-2019-20.aspx

Starting a new program playing two games each against UCONN, Wisconsin and Yale... problem seems to be that Wisco is playing Princeton on those same dates

(Sorry, not sure how to link on an iPad)
      fixed the link. see the tags before and after the link.

Only reason UW is to help a new program off the ground and to play the 4th/5th liners in a real game. The RPI will not be affected (unless UW loses or ties).

Oh, and see how many times Watts lights the lamp?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
        Why would a premier program like Wisconsin schedule a series with a newcomer? What's the takeaway for Wisconsin?
        Mark Johnson loves to promote and support the women's game, therefore UW usually plays Lindenwood every year, they went out west a few yrs ago and played in Cali, and this year they are playing in PA over the Thanksgiving weekend. This fits that m.o. I would also think if the Princeton series died, they need to play someone that weekend. I really doubt Soup will play at all and it would be a great series to play the 3rd and 4th liners a lot to get them some game action.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
          pad their stats, they've always played Lindenwood in the past and getting the CHA in the NCAA first round
          in a way you can't blame them, playing in the WCHA where goals are much harder to come by puts players at a disadvantage for recognition
          recall a couple years ago they played Clarkson and swept them, but in the process probably gave Clarkson a confidence boost and insight that they can beat them, and did in the NCAA's
          probably don't want to repeat that, Princeton will be top 10 and likely NCAA berth this year
          I see they have added Harvard & BC now that they suck lol

it's great that they are trying to expand the game to hillbillies in Tennessee :0

Comment

OMG I do not want to hear another word about BC playing soft schedule everrrrrrrr again
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              OMG I do not want to hear another word about BC playing soft schedule everrrrrrrr again
              BC has now become part of other team's soft schedules. :O

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Ok, but is that because now they will be part of someone's soft schedule?

Geez, Tim beat me to it...Either that or we get the same 4AM talking points like the lame stream media.
                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 06-14-2019, 08:36 AM.
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

On one hand, the Princeton - Wisconsin weekend is pretty clearly the second half of a 'home and home' series; Princeton at UW last year, UW at Princeton this year. And UW going all the way to NY to play a brand new team (the rest of whose schedule is St Anselm and Franklin Pierce) seems awfully unlikely; I'd find it slightly more believable if is were LUI coming to Madison.

On the other hand, for some reason and oddly, the UW schedule has been posted at their web site for about a month now, but never officially 'announced'.

I googled the LIU coach to see if somehow Coach Johnson or AD Barry Alvarez know him, are friends with him, etc etc, and would be willing to do him a favor (UW football contracted with UNLV to play in Nevada years ago largely because an assistant AD at UNLV used to work for UW). The only thing at all close I saw was the LIU coach used to be the head coach at St Norbert's College, a DIII program in De Pere, WI (just outside of Green Bay).

In short, I'll believe it when UW says it is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    On one hand, the Princeton - Wisconsin weekend is pretty clearly the second half of a 'home and home' series; Princeton at UW last year, UW at Princeton this year. And UW going all the way to NY to play a brand new team (the rest of whose schedule is St Anselm and Franklin Pierce) seems awfully unlikely; I'd find it slightly more believable if is were LUI coming to Madison.

On the other hand, for some reason and oddly, the UW schedule has been posted at their web site for about a month now, but never officially 'announced'.

I googled the LIU coach to see if somehow Coach Johnson or AD Barry Alvarez know him, are friends with him, etc etc, and would be willing to do him a favor (UW football contracted with UNLV to play in Nevada years ago largely because an assistant AD at UNLV used to work for UW). The only thing at all close I saw was the LIU coach used to be the head coach at St Norbert's College, a DIII program in De Pere, WI (just outside of Green Bay).

It might be LIU's biggest gate of the year.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      It might be LIU's biggest gate of the year.

I googled the two rinks LIU is planning on using as home ice, and could not find a seating capacity for either. There's both apparently NY Islander practice facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                        If LIU is saying it in on the internet, it must be true! Maybe UW will get 5 homes series out of it for the price of one away. Or UW is afraid of a 20-0 bloodbath on home ice. I of course would not object, who doesn't want to see quad hatties in one game or a shotless game for the opponent? There are some, however, who think every fight has to be a fair one. That's not life, that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          Ok, but is that because now they will be part of someone's soft schedule?

Geez, Tim beat me to it...Either that or we get the same 4AM talking points like the lame stream media.
                          The tears of the sad events of BC hockey are making it awfully hard to light him up. We need more gas! or thinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            If LIU is saying it in on the internet, it must be true! Maybe UW will get 5 homes series out of it for the price of one away. Or UW is afraid of a 20-0 bloodbath on home ice. I of course would not object, who doesn't want to see quad hatties in one game or a shotless game for the opponent? There are some, however, who think every fight has to be a fair one. That's not life, that is for sure.
                            (Did you pick 20-0 randomly, or because of the men's team beating Univ of Windsor 20-0? I happened to have been there that night. "5... 10... 15... 20" We *really* don't want any more! )

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              I don't think it would be a 20-0 bloodbath. LIU has recruited some legit D1 talent. Not saying it will be close just not that bad. LIU should be ok. Its not like a team that is transitioning from club or D3 that is still carrying a bunch of club or D3 players. Granted LIU doesn't have the cream of the recruits and definitely will have some players who would be better off in D3. But it should be able to field a legitimate D1 team this season. I would not be surprised it its not the worst D1 team this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                                I don't think it would be a 20-0 bloodbath. LIU has recruited some legit D1 talent. Not saying it will be close just not that bad. LIU should be ok. Its not like a team that is transitioning from club or D3 that is still carrying a bunch of club or D3 players. Granted LIU doesn't have the cream of the recruits and definitely will have some players who would be better off in D3. But it should be able to field a legitimate D1 team this season. I would not be surprised it its not the worst D1 team this season.
                                Maybe I'm biased being from Brooklyn, but I think some might underestimate the draw of going to school in NYC, with the campus and dorms in Downtown Brooklyn which has really been built out into Manhattan-lite. I think if the school shows that they're investing in the program it could become a really attractive option to players, likely not near the level of the prestigious women's hockey schools but still an attractive option.

Comment

Working...
                                X