Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Re: Ohio State Buckeyes 2019-2020: Muzzling All Detractors

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Indeed...This thread has the old school Joker (Ceasar Romero) saying... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYZearFC_Y
    Absolutely Priceless! Original Joker was highly underrated! As are many of these posts!

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    Indeed...This thread has the old school Joker (Ceasar Romero) saying... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWYZearFC_Y
    Holy innuendos and mystery Batman!
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Offsides Guy View Post
    Goaltending is the key (I know, not a newsflash). It kept MSU in both games and was a key element of BSU's sweep of UMD. Just got stay close to the perennial favorites going into the 3rd period and then it's anyone's game!
    Reminiscent of the Minnesota/St. Cloud game on Sunday. Janine Alder was spectacular holding the Gophers to just one goal through two, keeping the Huskies very much in it until their Dana Rasmussen tied it to open the third, making it anyone's ballgame from that point on. Despite being outplayed the entire game (15-40 SOG) the Huskies, with a little luck in the offensive end, could have pulled the upset.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by dd17 View Post
    Not just coaching, the entire team staff left this summer, including trainer(s), manager, etc.

I did hear there was a compliance investigation in the summer.

The only thing consistent with this program is turnover.
    Can a coach be suspended for publicly criticizing the officiating in the NCAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    I was actually wondering the same thing but assumed that would be announced or at least shared with the team. I donít know that the players even know why she was (is still?) gone.

I was actually wondering the same thing but assumed that would be announced or at least shared with the team. I donít know that the players even know why she was (is still?) gone.
    I'm sure they know and have been told to keep it in house would be my guess. Ohio State obviously does not have the problems the White House has.

Let's go RED!

The OSU posters are ominously silent. These hush hush things are never a good thing. Is she sick or ill? I'm sure we'd all offer well wishes and prayers. Is she in professional trouble? The facts are the facts, can't change those, have to just deal with it head on and then move on. Maybe it's a raw deal and public support in her favor would be a welcomed thing. Strange situation.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    The OSU posters are ominously silent. These hush hush things are never a good thing. Is she sick or ill? I'm sure we'd all offer well wishes and prayers. Is she in professional trouble? The facts are the facts, can't change those, have to just deal with it head on and then move on. Maybe it's a raw deal and public support in her favor would be a welcomed thing. Strange situation.
    I can't speak for every OSU poster, but I am silent because I have no idea what is going on. A little communication by OSU would have put an end to all the speculation out here. Not sure why this is a big secret unless it is in fact health-related and HIPAA laws come into play. But, yeah, Timothy A, this guy is "ominously silent" because I have no clue what is going on with Coach.

maybe she was out of town meeting with the makers of stealth uniforms?

Quote Originally Posted by osualum86 View Post
    A little communication by OSU would have put an end to all the speculation out here.
    it is strange being that women's hockey is such a high profile sport and contributes so much revenue to the OSU atletic department, you'd think the athletic director would have held a news conference
    Last edited by pokechecker; 10-23-2019 at 07:47 AM.

I can't speak for every OSU poster, but I am silent because I have no idea what is going on. A little communication by OSU would have put an end to all the speculation out here. Not sure why this is a big secret unless it is in fact health-related and HIPAA laws come into play. But, yeah, Timothy A, this guy is "ominously silent" because I have no clue what is going on with Coach.
    It's as simple as not having anyone to watch her child...

This is a frustration with womenís hockey. Just inform the fans as to what is going on generally. To me itís in the same vein as having zero coverage of the fact that a player like Watts isnít on Team Canada. Whatever the reasons are for stuff happening, a general non bs comment to the followers is appropriate. A huge frustration (for me) in trying to follow this sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
    Right, so say sheís missing for personal reasons. Nbd, and then on with life. Instead we ponder whether there is a suspension, which also is not the end of the world, is a thing that happens and then get on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool Shed View Post
    And that is a simple, personal reason. But the indication is the players didnít (donít?) know why she was out. On what planet do you not let your players know why youíre out? At least in a broad sense?

Is she now back at practice? They have an important couple of games coming up.

I do like PC's theory of checking out new stealth uniforms but maybe she's out for a joy ride with this guy...

Don't mess with my discount
    "The decline of western civilization can be traced directly to bands no longer having horn sections. I'm pretty sure that's science."

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Yes, but some governing body (WCHA, NCAA) would announce the suspension. I get all sorts of emails announcing suspensions of men's and women's players for hits or other actions in games. However, when a program suspends a player or coach, then the announcements tend to be far more erratic as to whether or not one is issued.

In any case, I hope that coach Muzerall is okay and is back behind the bench sooner rather than later.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Is she now back at practice? They have an important couple of games coming up.
    I see AC West gave the preview interview. I believe Muzz typically handles that so maybe sheís not back yet. Also wonder why the reporter didnít ask about where the HC is. Maybe told not to go there?

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/no-8-9-buckeyes-host-no-2-minnesota-this-week-in-columbus/

I see AC West gave the preview interview. I believe Muzz typically handles that so maybe she’s not back yet. Also wonder why the reporter didn’t ask about where the HC is. Maybe told not to go there?
    I see that the reporter did clearly refer to her as the Head Coach.

"The weekend matchup pits the three Ohio State coaches against their alma mater, as head coach Nadine Muzerall and assistant coaches Emily West and Milica McMillen all played for the Gophers."

The Rafters of The Schott & The OSU Ice Rink

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Fair question.

This.

I'm not on campus much at this point, except for game days. One of multiple reasons that most of my posts focus on the actual games.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    I see that the reporter did clearly refer to her as the Head Coach.

"The weekend matchup pits the three Ohio State coaches against their alma mater, as head coach Nadine Muzerall and assistant coaches Emily West and Milica McMillen all played for the Gophers."
    This is fake news.
    Iím not sure who will be more shocked, TOSU fans or Minnesota. A little over a week ago, due to health reasons, Brad Frost resigned as head coach of the Gophers and informed the U of M that his last game as HC would be last weekend against SCSU. Joel Johnson turned down becoming the head coach and Mark Coyle immediately began a search for a replacement and was suggested to contact Nadine Muzzerall who last week was in Minneapolis interviewing for the job. She accepted and will be behind the Gopher bench Friday night. I know you will find this as hard to belive as I did, but this information came from a woman who is also a liberal, so she must be telling the truth.

Thread Information