Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Coaching Carousel

Let's go RED!

Re: New Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I would guess that most of the coaches around the league are realistic about what could potentially be accomplished at SCSU.
    Probably fair to say that all the D1 potential H/C's are realistic as to what can be accomplished there.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Probably fair to say that all the D1 potential H/C's are realistic as to what can be accomplished there.
    How many players have transferred out lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsay View Post
    Yea itís definitely weird, that they havenít hired anyone yet. With the new rink, I feel like the program is getting a rare boost. Why squander it by going several months without a head coach.
    Agreed. That rink looks amazing in the videos and looks to be near completion. I heard several D1 level coaches applied but haven't heard anything beyond that. Also 2 girls transferred and 3 decommitted. Not a good start to a new era.

Tori Emoff named the new head coach at Stevenson.

https://www.gomustangsports.com/spor...20190625ghrf0k

Let's go RED!

How about we throw the discussion of the new Wwcha commissioner into the mix. Seems like Flowers is more suited to be a Lobbiest than a Commissioner, though the 2 jobs do have some over-lap. No hockey or media experience. Isn't it hard to be a commissioner over a sport you have no idea how it works?
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

How about we throw the discussion of the new Wwcha commissioner into the mix. Seems like Flowers is more suited to be a Lobbiest than a Commissioner, though the 2 jobs do have some over-lap. No hockey or media experience. Isn't it hard to be a commissioner over a sport you have no idea how it works?
    Along those same lines, how do you have the same person being commissioner across multiple conferences? Katie Boldvich.....

I think athletic administration is pretty standard. As for sport specific stuff, I think the key things can be picked up on fairly quickly by a reasonably intelligent person capable of doing the job at all. And also, a good commissioner should be able to hire people they trust with the sport-specific knowledge and rely on their advice.

As for administrators like Boldvich or Tom Di Camillo (SUNYAC and NEWHL) who are the commissioners of multiple conferences, I can't think of a situation where a conference commissioner of multiple conferences would be in a conflict where they would make a decision for one conference that would be a detriment to the other. The decisions they make for each conference would be self-contained to the conference it applies to, wouldn't it? As long as the members are satisfied their commissioner is doing the job they were hired for and not shortchanging them the attention they need due to other commitments, I don't see where the issue is.

Shelley Looney announced as new coach at Lindenwood. Very exciting hire.

https://lindenwoodlions.com/news/201...x?path=whockey

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    I think athletic administration is pretty standard. As for sport specific stuff, I think the key things can be picked up on fairly quickly by a reasonably intelligent person capable of doing the job at all. And also, a good commissioner should be able to hire people they trust with the sport-specific knowledge and rely on their advice.

As for administrators like Boldvich or Tom Di Camillo (SUNYAC and NEWHL) who are the commissioners of multiple conferences, I can't think of a situation where a conference commissioner of multiple conferences would be in a conflict where they would make a decision for one conference that would be a detriment to the other. The decisions they make for each conference would be self-contained to the conference it applies to, wouldn't it? As long as the members are satisfied their commissioner is doing the job they were hired for and not shortchanging them the attention they need due to other commitments, I don't see where the issue is.
    Isnít there the possibility of conflict when a school tries to switch conferences? Although those cases may be few and far between, it seems just a little to cozy for my taste. And we really donít know what conversations happen behind closed doors.

Remember this is the NCAA so nothing would really surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    Isnít there the possibility of conflict when a school tries to switch conferences? Although those cases may be few and far between, it seems just a little to cozy for my taste. And we really donít know what conversations happen behind closed doors.

Remember this is the NCAA so nothing would really surprise me.
    My understanding is that:

1) Conference membership is voted on by the members, not decided by the commissioner.
    2) There are bylaws regarding entrance and exiting members that they would have to follow, even if someone like Boldvich is commissioner of both conferences a hypothetical school would be leaving and going to.

I think if there were ever a real issue the member schools would step in and get a new commissioner. There's been movement of schools between the NEHC and CHC with her at the helm and everyone seems to be where they want...

If it makes you feel any better, the NECC just announced they're replacing Boldvich with the second in command of the Empire 8, so she only has the three single sport conferences (CHC, NEHC and ECFC) to worry about.

[QUOTE=Scott_TG;6817339]My understanding is that:

1) Conference membership is voted on by the members, not decided by the commissioner.
    2) There are bylaws regarding entrance and exiting members that they would have to follow, even if someone like Boldvich is commissioner of both conferences a hypothetical school would be leaving and going to.

I think if there were ever a real issue the member schools would step in and get a new commissioner. There's been movement of schools between the NEHC and CHC with her at the helm and everyone seems to be where they want...

If it makes you feel any better, the NECC just announced they're replacing Boldvich with the second in command of the Empire 8, so she only has the three single sport conferences (CHC, NEHC and ECFC)

Iím sure everything is above board but itís just an odd arrangement.

well what did the last one accomplish?
    the changes made seemed what you could have gotten out of any student who you could have gotten for free
    in fact that would be my suggestion, next time get an intern, they probably have more insight as to why students don't go to the games, which would be the easiest way to increase attendance

Julia Duquette '17 is the new assistant at SUNY Plattsburgh. The 4 time champion and hero of the 2017 NCAA Championship game has been an assistant coach and operations coordinator at Selects Academy at Bishop Kearney in Rochester.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Nichols has hired SUNY Cortland assistant coach Samantha Fallon as their new HC, replacing Mike O'Grady. A player at UMB, Fallon was the ACHA DII HC and ACHA D1 assistant coach at Adrian prior to her 1 year as the assistant at Cortland.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

Proud alumn of WQKE

GO CARDS!!

Quote Originally Posted by DDad16 View Post
    I looked for the old thread, but couldn't find it, so...

I see Princeton is looking for an Assistant Coach. Anyone have the inside scoop as to why? Nothing posted on their website.
    Is it true that another Princeton assistant coach is gone? (Not new hire Ruzzi) Surprising that both assistant coaches would be let go or choose to leave after a successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sieve1 View Post
    Is it true that another Princeton assistant coach is gone? (Not new hire Ruzzi) Surprising that both assistant coaches would be let go or choose to leave after a successful season.
    Ruzzi is a good hire. Providence's loss and so aptly noted, apparently Yale too, is Princeton's gain.
    Last edited by Reddington; 07-15-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Ruzzi is a good hire. Providence's loss is Princeton's gain.
    Mel had a long and distinguished career, playing and coaching, at Providence. But she was at Yale last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Double Eagle View Post
    Mel had a long and distinguished career, playing and coaching, at Providence. But she was at Yale last year.
    New assistant coach at Princeton just announced. So both assistants from last season are in fact out

Quote Originally Posted by Sieve1 View Post
    New assistant coach at Princeton just announced. So both assistants from last season are in fact out
    So did both Kilstein and Nash leave or were they fired after such a successful year? I haven't really been keeping close track of things since it's summer but this is somewhat confusing. Who can shed some light on this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    So did both Kilstein and Nash leave or were they fired after such a successful year? I haven't really been keeping close track of things since it's summer but this is somewhat confusing. Who can shed some light on this situation?
    My understanding is that Kilstein left on her own. Not sure about Nash.

Thread Information