Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 99

Thread: New Coaching Carousel

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Looks like Oswego has made Men's Hockey Assistant Coach Mark Digby the Associate Head Coach of the women's team. The assistant coach Chaislyn Burgio is still listed as a coach as well. Diane Dillon has been the Oswego HC since 2006.
    Iím hearing Diane is stepping down/retiring at the end of this season and Mark has been tabbed to take over.

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Looks like Oswego has made Men's Hockey Assistant Coach Mark Digby the Associate Head Coach of the women's team. The assistant coach Chaislyn Burgio is still listed as a coach as well. Diane Dillon has been the Oswego HC since 2006.
    This is great news for the program at Oswego.

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Also, SUNY Canton posted an opening for their assistant coach gig. Rachel Grampp (Elmira '18) was their assistant in 18-19.
    Last edited by Scott_TG; 06-21-2019 at 02:23 PM.

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-R- View Post
    This is great news for the program at Oswego.
    Ouch that's a bit of an overreaction don't ya think?! Yes it's true she's an average coach who never fulfilled the expectations and vision Oswego had for the women's team when they started it, but none of the SUNYs that have women's hockey ever stood a chance of catching up to Plattsburgh. Do you think the new guy will really do any better?! And why would they hire him without any experience in women's hockey instead of doing a national search for let's say a former D1 or D3 female player as a much better candidate for the job unless they've decided they just don't care anymore?!

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,339

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    The next chapter: Macdonald named head women’s hockey coach at SCSU

    https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2019/6/...h-at-scsu.aspx
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  6. #46
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,174

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    The next chapter: Macdonald named head womenís hockey coach at SCSU

    https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2019/6/...h-at-scsu.aspx
    That wasn't a very exciting hire from a fan forum point of view.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    139

    Re: New Coaching Carousel


  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by DDad16 View Post
    Good for him.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    139

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    Good for him.
    Must have been a quick U-Turn on his way back from St. Norberts (if those rumors were true)!

  10. #50
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,174

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    The next chapter: Macdonald named head womenís hockey coach at SCSU

    https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2019/6/...h-at-scsu.aspx
    I wonder who else applied for the job.....
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by DDad16 View Post
    Must have been a quick U-Turn on his way back from St. Norberts (if those rumors were true)!

    3 weeks.... and a program that was already looking. Fortuitous timing. He was definitely headed to St Norbertís. Had a meeting with his existing players at Nichols and told them.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,326

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    3 weeks.... and a program that was already looking. Fortuitous timing. He was definitely headed to St Norbertís. Had a meeting with his existing players at Nichols and told them.
    Then Chatham either had no one lined up 3 months after their HC left or they did to someone what SNC did to O'Grady...not a great look for Chatham. Compare that to Norwich who had Leclerc back in the fold weeks after Bolding left. There's a reason the contenders are the contenders, their administrations tend to be on top of things.

    That said, I hope things work out for O'Grady and Chatham. The division and the sport needs more good programs, whether that's schools with strong athletic departments starting new programs or the existing ones maturing and getting it right.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,339

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I wonder who else applied for the job.....
    I'm hearing Mark Johnson was in the running.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  14. #54
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    The next chapter: Macdonald named head womenís hockey coach at SCSU

    https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2019/6/...h-at-scsu.aspx
    Will this get better? I know that Giesen isn't highly regarded here, and his teams had certainly fallen off by the end of his tenure. However, while he still had some of Lesteberg's players, the program had some decent seasons through 2010. Of course, the Huskies were so traumatized by their two trips to the WCHA semis and getting blown out by Bucky that they then lost home playoff series the next two years to the Mavericks and Beavers. And after graduating their last great class in 2010, they've had one win against Wisconsin and Minnesota combined in nine seasons since then. I hope Macdonald does well, but it could be a long wait for its next postseason game on home ice.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  15. #55
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,174

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    I'm hearing Mark Johnson was in the running.
    That would have been a great spot for JJ to spread his wings and try is own thing. He can't live in Frosty's nest forever.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  16. #56
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    11,174

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    Will this get better? I know that Giesen isn't highly regarded here, and his teams had certainly fallen off by the end of his tenure. However, while he still had some of Lesteberg's players, the program had some decent seasons through 2010. Of course, the Huskies were so traumatized by their two trips to the WCHA semis and getting blown out by Bucky that they then lost home playoff series the next two years to the Mavericks and Beavers. And after graduating their last great class in 2010, they've had one win against Wisconsin and Minnesota combined in nine seasons since then. I hope Macdonald does well, but it could be a long wait for its next postseason game on home ice.
    He was the safe hire, but maybe the other applicants had less juice than him.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    5

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Does anyone have any info on the Head Coach job at Lindenwood and what happened with Spencer, who may be the next HC, etc.? It's almost 3 months since his dismissal.

  18. #58
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,864

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    That would have been a great spot for JJ to spread his wings and try is own thing.
    JJ has had the chance to try his own thing with USA Hockey to some extent, and he is actually fairly well positioned to be the Olympic coach at some point. I would guess that most of the coaches around the league are realistic about what could potentially be accomplished at SCSU. There are at least four jobs in the WCHA that are better, and that's not counting the associate head coach jobs in Madison and Minneapolis.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7

    Re: New Coaching Carousel

    Dominique Lozzi had the interim tag dropped at UMass-Boston

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    530
    Quote Originally Posted by Popova1 View Post
    Does anyone have any info on the Head Coach job at Lindenwood and what happened with Spencer, who may be the next HC, etc.? It's almost 3 months since his dismissal.
    Yea itís definitely weird, that they havenít hired anyone yet. With the new rink, I feel like the program is getting a rare boost. Why squander it by going several months without a head coach.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •