New Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
    Do you know if his offer got pulled because someone that much better became available to SNC at the last moment or did an issue arise in the final vetting or negotiation? It's very odd for it to get to the point where the guy quit his job to move out there and it blows up in the 11th hour.
    Good question. Rumour I heard is that someone else with better credentials might have popped up.
    Apparently he was travelling with trailer in tow and all his belongings when he found out.

Comment

Re: New Coaching Carousel

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
      Good question. Rumour I heard is that someone else with better credentials might have popped up.
      Apparently he was travelling with trailer in tow and all his belongings when he found out.
      If that's true and SNC dumped him for someone they liked better after he already quit at Nichols and was moving that puts them behind Baylor and Louisville on my list of scum athletic departments. I hope every good team they play lays the wood on them.

Comment

If that's true and SNC dumped him for someone they liked better after he already quit at Nichols and was moving that puts them behind Baylor and Louisville on my list of scum athletic departments. I hope every good team they play lays the wood on them.
        Agree. But let’s sit and wait for the full story. No doubt it’ll come out.

Comment

Former Marian men's Head Coach and SNC Associate Men's Head Coach, AJ Aitken, is the new SNC Women's hockey Head Coach...

https://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/5132/
          SNC Men:
          Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
          NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
          SNC Women:
          O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by pete99race View Post
            Former Marian men's Head Coach and SNC Associate Men's Head Coach, AJ Aitken, is the new SNC Women's hockey Head Coach...

https://www.snc.edu/athletics/pressrelease/5132/

Any news on Stevenson or Nichols? I heard they're both having in person interviews for the finalists this week.

Comment

Originally posted by GTOWN View Post
              Any news on Stevenson or Nichols? I heard they're both having in person interviews for the finalists this week.
              If they're still doing interviews it might be another week to a month depending on how fast their HR operation moves.

What about Chatham? They announced Newstrom's departure on March 20th and 3 months later no new HC announced.

Comment

If they're still doing interviews it might be another week to a month depending on how fast their HR operation moves.

What about Chatham? They announced Newstrom's departure on March 20th and 3 months later no new HC announced.

I hear Haney applied for Stevenson, that would be my choice right there. Young guy, known for his recruiting and learned from a top notch coach at Oswego.

Comment

Stevenson STILL hasn't announced anything about Coach Johnson leaving... We may be half way into the season before an announcement comes out on who they have hired.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                    Stevenson STILL hasn't announced anything about Coach Johnson leaving... We may be half way into the season before an announcement comes out on who they have hired.
                    I doubt they ever will. However the coaches tab on the website says TBA so that's probably it.

Comment

Looks like Oswego has made Men's Hockey Assistant Coach Mark Digby the Associate Head Coach of the women's team. The assistant coach Chaislyn Burgio is still listed as a coach as well. Diane Dillon has been the Oswego HC since 2006.

Comment

Looks like Oswego has made Men's Hockey Assistant Coach Mark Digby the Associate Head Coach of the women's team. The assistant coach Chaislyn Burgio is still listed as a coach as well. Diane Dillon has been the Oswego HC since 2006.
                        I’m hearing Diane is stepping down/retiring at the end of this season and Mark has been tabbed to take over.

Comment

This is great news for the program at Oswego.

Comment

Also, SUNY Canton posted an opening for their assistant coach gig. Rachel Grampp (Elmira '18) was their assistant in 18-19.
                            Last edited by Scott_TG; 06-21-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
                              This is great news for the program at Oswego.
                              Ouch that's a bit of an overreaction don't ya think?! Yes it's true she's an average coach who never fulfilled the expectations and vision Oswego had for the women's team when they started it, but none of the SUNYs that have women's hockey ever stood a chance of catching up to Plattsburgh. Do you think the new guy will really do any better?! And why would they hire him without any experience in women's hockey instead of doing a national search for let's say a former D1 or D3 female player as a much better candidate for the job unless they've decided they just don't care anymore?!

Comment

The next chapter: Macdonald named head women’s hockey coach at SCSU

https://scsuhuskies.com/news/2019/6/...h-at-scsu.aspx
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X