Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Coaching Carousel

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
    Perhaps not the most appropriate thread to ask this question, but, has anyone else noticed the lack of commitment announcements? These announcements were almost a daily thing this time last year. Can we attribute this to the new recruiting "guidelines"?
    Almost definitely. No one's allowed to commit now until they're, what, a junior in HS? Players were committing in 8th/9th grade, so I think you're going to see a relative recruitment announcement lull for the next couple years.

(Good.)
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

With a little more than a month before the season, King's has given their newly-minted assistant coach Brice Baricevic an Interim HC tag. Neither Baricevic and the new Director of Women's Hockey Ops Matthew Meyer appear to have experience coaching women's hockey above the club level. It will be an interesting situation to follow as the third-year program tries to improve on a one win season.

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
      King's announced they've hired former Marysville (ACHA) assistant coach Brice Baricevic as their assistant coach. They don't mention him as an interim HC, so presumably they are still trying to hire a head coach. However he appears to be the only coach for the program until that happens.

Comment

With a little more than a month before the season, King's has given their newly-minted assistant coach Brice Baricevic an Interim HC tag. Neither Baricevic and the new Director of Women's Hockey Ops Matthew Meyer appear to have experience coaching women's hockey above the club level. It will be an interesting situation to follow as the third-year program tries to improve on a one win season.
        Some will be very surprised to hear this coming from me, but unfortunately the talent pool currently there isn't very good, in fact not unlike a club team, so really anyone with a decent background in hockey will be able to run this struggling program. They won't win many or maybe any games, but they'll be able to focus on skill development with the current players and focus on getting their feet wet on the recruiting trail. Well, recruiting needs to be their top priority because they need better players ASAP.

Comment

The new Assistant Coach at Post University has resigned after only 2 months. She is the 3rd very qualified female NCAA former player AC to quit in 2 seasons. When will the school start believing the girls and take action with the HC? Abuse should not be silenced, this is further proof it is happening there.

Comment

Originally posted by Icehawk78 View Post
            The new Assistant Coach at Post University has resigned after only 2 months. She is the 3rd very qualified female NCAA former player AC to quit in 2 seasons. When will the school start believing the girls and take action with the HC? Abuse should not be silenced, this is further proof it is happening there.
            It's also a part-time gig and maybe she found something better. Off the top of my head I can name two full time women's hockey gigs that haven't announced a hire (HC at King's and AC at Trinity).
            Last edited by Scott_TG; 10-18-2019, 11:19 AM. Reason: Omitted the word "maybe"

Comment

It's also a part-time gig and maybe she found something better. Off the top of my head I can name two full time women's hockey gigs that haven't announced a hire (HC at King's and AC at Trinity).
              Copied from the King's staff directory:

WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY

BRICE BARICEVIC
              Interim Head Women's Ice Hockey Coach

MATTHEW MEYER
              Assistant Women's Ice Hockey Coach / Director of Women's Ice Hockey Operations

I had no luck with Trinity's athletics site.
              Last edited by shelfit; 10-18-2019, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                Copied from the King's staff directory:

WOMEN'S ICE HOCKEY

BRICE BARICEVIC
                Interim Head Women's Ice Hockey Coach

MATTHEW MEYER
                Assistant Women's Ice Hockey Coach / Director of Women's Ice Hockey Operations

I had no luck with Trinity's athletics site.
                The King's thing is interesting. Baricevic was announced as the assistant when hired and Meyer the Dir. of Ops. The intertim HC tag for Baricevic and the AC tag for Meyer seemed to come after the King's HC vacancy was open for a few weeks at a bad time to find a collegiate hockey coach.

It would be a lucky guess if Wash actually left Post for either of those places. I was just giving examples of two gigs someone might leave a part time gig for. My point was that it could very well be the nature of it being a part time position, and that a lot of young people in part time roles are looking to go full time for the added pay and benefits, that was the impetus for Wash leaving.

Is there a refresher on Icehawk78's accusations against the HC I can catch up on?

Comment

First-year Stevenson HC Tori Emoff brings in fellow Stevenson '16 grad Megan Alexander back to Owings Mills as the team's new AC. In addition to playing together, Emoff and Alexander spent the 2016-17 hockey season as co-head coaches of a girl's varsity squad at nearby St. Timothy's Catholic HS, so I assume there's a strong working relationship there.

Comment

Trinity is now listing Sara Ugalde (Middlebury '14) as an Assistant Coach. Ugalde has been an assistant coach at Williams and the Connecticut Whale of the NWHL.

Shannon Strawinski (Elmira '19) will be an assistant coach at Nichols. She joins first year Head Coach Samantha Fallon (UMB '16) and Metropolitan Riveters goalie Samantha Walther (Hamilton '18) on the Bisons' coaching staff.
                    Last edited by Scott_TG; 10-22-2019, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X