Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 161

Thread: 2019-20 Schedules

  1. #121
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,325

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Looks like someone forgot to renew the domain name. Which is silly. Even if you don't want to continue, it's cheap to hold onto the name just in case.
    I'm with you. I took down my resume website but am parking the domain in case. Cost me $30 bucks for a year when adding in a couple of extras.

    If they're ceasing operations they should announce it.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  2. #122
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,605

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    Sad if true, they had some good content.
    yes I used them to go to many different teams website to watch the games.....ow well

  3. #123
    who the hello?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alta, Ut.
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Webb closed up D3hockey.com and is following Social D around the country full-time?

  4. #124
    "Let's Roll" - Todd Beamer, 9/11/01
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Horseheads, NY
    Posts
    1,794

  5. #125

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,969
    Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    Webb closed up D3hockey.com and is following Social D around the country full-time?
    Ray made a series of twitter posts today that his current jobs preclude being editor of d3hockey.com. I think the Twitter account will still function. The webb page? Who knows?

  6. #126
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,605

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Ray made a series of twitter posts today that his current jobs preclude being editor of d3hockey.com. I think the Twitter account will still function. The webb page? Who knows?
    Ok Thanks Joe......we are going to have to get a thread that lists all/some/most/any of the schools video links so those like myself,computer challeneged , can survive...…..

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,969

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    What Ray Posted

    (1/However many it takes) Hey everyone....

    After a lot of thought and reflection this offseason, I have decided to relinquish editorship of https://t.co/jCnCvGvTrj. The demands of running the site as a volunteer endeavor, in addition to multiple jobs, simply became too great.

    (2) It gives me no pleasure to have to make that move. Unfortunately having this website stacked on top of two jobs on weekends in the winter was a bit more than the hours in the day held, and trying to finish the site's work while falling asleep was all too frequent.

    (3) I love the game very much to this day, and will continue to be involved in it in so many ways, including my work at Utica, the UCHC, and https://t.co/bEJjZuS0W8. And I will tinker with keeping this account going as a resource. But running the site is no longer possible.

    (4) Thanks to each and every one of you for making this site a reality. We couldn't have done any of it without you. I'll see you all at the rink this winter, and every winter. -Biggsy

    But yeah, this Twitter account? If I can keep the party going centralize a lot of info into one place, I will do it. Stay tuned. -RB

  8. #128
    Hockey Knight in Boston
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,119

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    It's sad the site is ending, but the twitter account is a valuable resource in it's own right so it would be great if it continued.
    #OneKnight

  9. #129
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,552

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Ray made a series of twitter posts today that his current jobs preclude being editor of d3hockey.com. I think the Twitter account will still function. The webb page? Who knows?
    That site has been pretty-much moribund for years now. Even fewer people paid any attention to it than they do to this one right now. (And the "rankings" thing was -well- either unfounded or ridiculous, by anyone's call.)

    I don't know Ray Biggs, but he sure has done a very good job of explaining the D-3 process on the local radio. We never miss his pre- or post-game comments, even though we've finally figured it out on our own.

    He's good at what he does. Very good.

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    38,969

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    With the demise of D3hockey.com and its real time scoreboard, do we need to resurrect the scores threads?

  11. #131
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,605

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    With the demise of D3hockey.com and its real time scoreboard, do we need to resurrect the scores threads?
    I would hope and the link to video thread.

  12. #132
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,960
    I would anticipate activity on this site will pick back up.

  13. #133
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,552

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    I would anticipate activity on this site will pick back up.
    I would guess so, too, but only a little.

    This has become an old-timers' outlet.

    Even while FB offers less detail, nuance, insight, etc., young people seem to prefer it.

  14. #134
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,930

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I would guess so, too, but only a little.

    This has become an old-timers' outlet.

    Even while FB offers less detail, nuance, insight, etc., young people seem to prefer it.
    Wow, I agree with an entire fishy post. LOL

    But seriously, I don't get FB. It is a horrible way to communicate and have discussions with a pathetic user interface. Yet, "everyone" prefers to use it.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  15. #135
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,960

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    D3Hockey.com is back on line this morning.

  16. #136
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,552

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Wow, I agree with an entire fishy post. LOL

    But seriously, I don't get FB. It is a horrible way to communicate and have discussions with a pathetic user interface. Yet, "everyone" prefers to use it.
    The thing with FB hockey stuff is that there isn't anything there except for what they ate and who they hung with... It isn't any more pertinent than the usual mainstream FB BS, which is almost never worth the click. Facebook thrives because people seem to want to erect shrines to themselves, and I find it fairly revolting for that very reason alone, not to mention how mind-numbing it is in a general sense. I turned-off my "notification" crap years ago, and I've never looked back.

    I do hope that most of you hang around for a while. As much as we fuss and fight at times, at least we are actually talking D-3 hockey. Lots of you guys know a few things regarding that topic, and we're not sending pics of tuna casseroles to each other, for the love of God.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-29-2019 at 12:21 AM.

  17. #137
    Oswego State Great Laker
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,973

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    The thing with FB hockey stuff is that there isn't anything there except for what they ate and who they hung with... It isn't any more pertinent than the usual mainstream FB BS, which is almost never worth the click. Facebook thrives because people seem to want to erect shrines to themselves, and I find it fairly revolting for that very reason alone, not to mention how mind-numbing it is in a general sense. I turned-off my "notification" crap years ago, and I've never looked back.

    I do hope that most of you hang around for a while. As much as we fuss and fight at times, at least we are actually talking D-3 hockey. Lots of you guys know a few things regarding that topic, and we're not sending pics of tuna casseroles to each other, for the love of God.
    I second the sentiment, Bookface suks, prefer Twitter and I hope these old guys can keep this board going.........

  18. #138
    Black Bear since D-2
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Central New York
    Posts
    4,552

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Quote Originally Posted by OZFEST View Post
    I second the sentiment, Bookface suks, prefer Twitter and I hope these old guys can keep this board going.........
    Not a big fan of Twitter, either, but sometimes it's more informative than FB, or even USCHO.

    Still, Twitter seems to me to exist as just another avenue to get some middle-school level attention.

    Are we all still 14...? Seems so to me that many of us are.

    Let's step it up, if we can, or all we'll have is FB and similar horse-****, going forward.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-29-2019 at 10:40 PM.

  19. #139
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    3,613

    Re: 2019-20 Schedules

    Anyone remember the old email list we used before USCHO???

  20. #140
    Member of the REAL Zoo Crew
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Southern New York
    Posts
    8,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill-R- View Post
    Anyone remember the old email list we used before USCHO???
    Maine3? Or something

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •