X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 Schedules

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Wow, I agree with an entire fishy post. LOL

But seriously, I don't get FB. It is a horrible way to communicate and have discussions with a pathetic user interface. Yet, "everyone" prefers to use it.
    The thing with FB hockey stuff is that there isn't anything there except for what they ate and who they hung with... It isn't any more pertinent than the usual mainstream FB BS, which is almost never worth the click. Facebook thrives because people seem to want to erect shrines to themselves, and I find it fairly revolting for that very reason alone, not to mention how mind-numbing it is in a general sense. I turned-off my "notification" crap years ago, and I've never looked back.

I do hope that most of you hang around for a while. As much as we fuss and fight at times, at least we are actually talking D-3 hockey. Lots of you guys know a few things regarding that topic, and we're not sending pics of tuna casseroles to each other, for the love of God.
    Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-28-2019, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      The thing with FB hockey stuff is that there isn't anything there except for what they ate and who they hung with... It isn't any more pertinent than the usual mainstream FB BS, which is almost never worth the click. Facebook thrives because people seem to want to erect shrines to themselves, and I find it fairly revolting for that very reason alone, not to mention how mind-numbing it is in a general sense. I turned-off my "notification" crap years ago, and I've never looked back.

I do hope that most of you hang around for a while. As much as we fuss and fight at times, at least we are actually talking D-3 hockey. Lots of you guys know a few things regarding that topic, and we're not sending pics of tuna casseroles to each other, for the love of God.
      I second the sentiment, Bookface suks, prefer Twitter and I hope these old guys can keep this board going.........

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
        I second the sentiment, Bookface suks, prefer Twitter and I hope these old guys can keep this board going.........
        Not a big fan of Twitter, either, but sometimes it's more informative than FB, or even USCHO.

Still, Twitter seems to me to exist as just another avenue to get some middle-school level attention.

Are we all still 14...? Seems so to me that many of us are.

Let's step it up, if we can, or all we'll have is FB and similar horse-****, going forward.
        Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-29-2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Anyone remember the old email list we used before USCHO???

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
            Maine3? Or something
            Remy Babineaux
            remyb616@gmail.com
            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
              main list was hockey-l
              I think the d3 list was hockey3-l???
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                main list was hockey-l
                Hosted by the University of Maine. Those who remember those days are older than dirt (like me).
                2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                  Hosted by the University of Maine. Those who remember those days are older than dirt (like me).

37 isnt even AARP eligible yet...
                  Remy Babineaux
                  remyb616@gmail.com
                  D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    37 isnt even AARP eligible yet...
                    You were young (and annoying) back in those days. Some things never change ,

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                      Prof, I remember when USCHO was in its infancy, and all it offered were raw scores in a crude text format.

That was a revelation at the time, and I no longer needed to see week-old scores from the College Hockey Digest newsletter published and mailed by a great old die-hard in Troy. (Still, I had to go to the public library to get internet-access, because almost nobody has a PC back then, let alone a smart phone, and the library imposed a 15-minute limit on the glacial dial-up feed, and possibly would ask you to make room for the next user before you could even connect to anything.)

These kids today don't know how good they got it. **** whipper-snappers!
                      Last edited by Fishman'81; 08-30-2019, 10:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                        Prof, I remember when USCHO was in its infancy, and all it offered were raw scores in a crude text format.

That was a revelation at the time, and I no longer needed to see week-old scores from the College Hockey Digest newsletter published and mailed by a great old die-hard in Troy. (Still, I had to go to the public library to get internet-access, because almost nobody has a PC back then, let alone a smart phone, and the library imposed a 15-minute limit on the glacial dial-up feed, and possibly would ask you to make room for the next user before you could even connect to anything.)

We still had dialup when my daughter was a teenager (she's 41 now). She did not like it when I tied up the phone line on Friday and Saturday nights listening to Clarkson games.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          We still had dialup when my daughter was a teenager (she's 41 now). She did not like it when I tied up the phone line on Friday and Saturday nights listening to Clarkson games.
                          I purchased a modem to plug into my computer and phone line because Norwich gave me a dial up number that I could use, and I remember the excitement of hearing the dial tone, the dialing, the bing bing, and the screech as the computer would log in. I also remember the disappointment when the line was busy. WWW was just a rumor and I was just learning how to use gopher.

Comment

• Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                            I got into it with Russell jaslow a few times on that on my dad’s email address. Haha.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              main list was hockey-l
                              Just "hockey3”
                              Russell Jaslow
                              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

And we used to have to wake up a half hour before we went to bed and lick the roads clean.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X