Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 157

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,832

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Was Scooby the first one to sign this petition?

    https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...eason-n1006326
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,685

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    Was Scooby the first one to sign this petition?
    I doubt it, I can't think of anyone who actually likes the final season or doesn't at least think it should be a lot better given how much time they had.

  3. #43
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,929

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I doubt it, I can't think of anyone who actually likes the final season or doesn't at least think it should be a lot better given how much time they had.
    I think one of the best points I've heard is that we've had too much time. They didn't have as much time as you might think because for the most part they needed to figure out what they were doing a long time ago because it took so much work to shoot the episodes, etc.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,685

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Right but they were able to crank out a new season every year for the better part of a decade and for this season they had what, 2 years to complete it? And this is what they came up with?

    I don't really even have a problem with the storyline itself or the plot developments, it's more how it's being handled and how rushed some of the plot lines and character development is. If I had to guess they went with GRRM's ending but had no idea of how to get there and so we got this super rushed ending where 2-3 seasons worth of plot lines got crammed into 6 episodes and they somehow had to make it work.

  5. #45
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,929

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Right but they were able to crank out a new season every year for the better part of a decade and for this season they had what, 2 years to complete it? And this is what they came up with?

    I don't really even have a problem with the storyline itself or the plot developments, it's more how it's being handled and how rushed some of the plot lines and character development is. If I had to guess they went with GRRM's ending but had no idea of how to get there and so we got this super rushed ending where 2-3 seasons worth of plot lines got crammed into 6 episodes and they somehow had to make it work.
    did you read the twitter thread about the change in style?
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,685

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    did you read the twitter thread about the change in style?
    If you're talking about the plotters vs pantsers twitter thread(?) then yeah. I don't envy what the directors had on their plate as far as trying to placate the actors (who clearly want this wrapped up), bridging the gap themselves as far as the plot because GRRM didn't finish the books, figuring out how to tie up all the loose ends of what GRRM built in terms of a character network, and all the usual work that goes into something this massive.

  7. #47
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    23,077
    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Right but they were able to crank out a new season every year for the better part of a decade and for this season they had what, 2 years to complete it? And this is what they came up with?
    Because before, it was already written. They just had to cut and prune and then reassemble.

    Now they had to actually create.

  8. #48
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    73,960

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Because before, it was already written. They just had to cut and prune and then reassemble.

    Now they had to actually create.
    They certainly did not have to create much. All they had to do was make up the ending for all the characters. And there were thousands of theories online that they could have datamined so they certainly didn't have to "think" really at all. Just pick one.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  9. #49
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,929

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    I'm really hoping all the disappointment of most thus far is mute by the results of Sunday's finale.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits...Posted by Yager on 12/18/09: Remember, remember, the 18th of October (2003).

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  10. #50
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    73,960

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I'm really hoping all the disappointment of most thus far is mute by the results of Sunday's finale.
    I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get one thing out of the finale. And I got the great ending to the Night King by Arya. That's good enough. If I get nothing on Sunday I will be very disappointed.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  11. #51
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,585

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I doubt it, I can't think of anyone who actually likes the final season or doesn't at least think it should be a lot better given how much time they had.
    I like it. Most of the people I talk to have enjoyed it.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  12. #52
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,585

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm thinking I'll be lucky to get one thing out of the finale. And I got the great ending to the Night King by Arya. That's good enough. If I get nothing on Sunday I will be very disappointed.
    I have faith that you'll be disappointed regardless.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  13. #53

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    I'm here for me not you.
    Posts
    68,069

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    I'm really hoping all the disappointment of most thus far is mute by the results of Sunday's finale.
    The disappointment comes from the expectations which were insane. Closure was never going to give people what they wanted, because what people are mostly disappointed by is the closing off of all the cool possibilities of their favorite characters. It's not so much the road taken as all the ones not taken.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  14. #54
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    73,960

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The disappointment comes from the expectations which were insane. Closure was never going to give people what they wanted, because what people are mostly disappointed by is the closing off of all the cool possibilities of their favorite characters. It's not so much the road taken as all the ones not taken.
    Baaah. I had multiple endings for all the characters in mind and they managed to pick none of them. I knew they were all going to end and I never locked myself into any particular ending. Even with that amount of latitude they have managed to disappoint me in many ways.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  15. #55
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    29,585

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The disappointment comes from the expectations which were insane. Closure was never going to give people what they wanted, because what people are mostly disappointed by is the closing off of all the cool possibilities of their favorite characters. It's not so much the road taken as all the ones not taken.
    THe writers and production team had an impossible job: Ordering pizza for 12 million people. Everyone wanted a five-topping pizza and now everyone is pzzed because they didn't get exactly the pizza they wanted.

    Look, the season hasn't been as good as six (I think it was six) but it's still better than anything else on network television and better than all but the best of what cable has to offer.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

  16. #56

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    I'm here for me not you.
    Posts
    68,069

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    it's still better than anything else on network television
    Boy, is that a low bar.

    The Good Place is the only network show I can think of that asks for an IQ higher than a succulent. Before that the single intelligent network show was Community. Before that... I dunno. The Office?
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  17. #57
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    73,960

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Boy, is that a low bar.

    The Good Place is the only network show I can think of that asks for an IQ higher than a succulent. Before that the single intelligent network show was Community. Before that... I dunno. The Office?
    Veep. Barry has been incredible in that regard as well.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    I'm here for me not you.
    Posts
    68,069

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by scoobydoo View Post
    Veep.
    Nope. HBO.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  19. #59
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    73,960

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Nope. HBO.
    Oh, I see. Network show. Yeah, that's a cesspool right now.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    I'm here for me not you.
    Posts
    68,069

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Oh, I see. Network show. Yeah, that's a cesspool right now.
    I think it will be forever. The best thing about the proliferation of outlets is it gives breathing room for shows for smart people. When you only had the majors that was a losing proposition -- the market slice is just too small.

    I hope they keep on going from 200 to 2,000 to 20,000 outlets. Hell, an infinite number. I'll pay for a slate of shows marketed strictly to the big brains that literally could not care less whether a single small brain can follow them. Pure subscription model and asphyxiate media marketing. Drive commerce back to the business of providing for the needs of people, not ramping up their desires to be forever so unhappy they have to buy to fill their empty places.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •