Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I think it will be forever. The best thing about the proliferation of outlets is it gives breathing room for shows for smart people. When you only had the majors that was a losing proposition -- the market slice is just too small.

I hope they keep on going from 200 to 2,000 to 20,000 outlets. Hell, an infinite number. I'll pay for a slate of shows marketed strictly to the big brains that literally could not care less whether a single small brain can follow them. Pure subscription model and asphyxiate media marketing. Drive commerce back to the business of providing for the needs of people, not ramping up their desires to be forever so unhappy they have to buy to fill their empty places.
    I had high hopes for a couple of network shows that came out but to no avail. About the best that's out there right now is How To Get Away With Murder and that's because Viola Davis is sooooo freaking talented.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Boy, is that a low bar.

The Good Place is the only network show I can think of that asks for an IQ higher than a succulent. Before that the single intelligent network show was Community. Before that... I dunno. The Office?
      Well, yeah, but you cut off the important part of that sentence.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I had high hopes for a couple of network shows that came out but to no avail. About the best that's out there right now is How To Get Away With Murder and that's because Viola Davis is sooooo freaking talented.
        Like politics, the TV providers are bifurcating by intelligence. Network TV is being left behind to the orcs. It's "Ow, My Balls!" Network TV is cratering its IQ (never too far a drop in the first place) to appeal to the right.

Meanwhile, providers like HBO, BBC, and Netflix are skewing their programming to the humans. It's like a proliferation of PBS.
        Last edited by Kepler; 05-16-2019, 03:23 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The disappointment comes from the expectations which were insane. Closure was never going to give people what they wanted, because what people are mostly disappointed by is the closing off of all the cool possibilities of their favorite characters. It's not so much the road taken as all the ones not taken.
          Nah, that's not the problem, the outright silliness of the last 3 episodes in terms of character development, resolutions to key stories, total inconsistency in terms of power balance... I can't even think of everything but there's a reason these last few episodes have all gotten the lowest scores of any GoT episode ever on sites like Rotten Tomatoes and those are reviews by paid critics not just angry internet people. This has nothing to do with them picking the ending people wanted, that's a lazy critique that doesn't hold for the vast majority of people who dislike the recent episodes (and I realize you're not saying that necessarily but it's like the go-to argument of fanboys who don't like people criticizing the show).
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-16-2019, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Nah, that's not the problem, the outright silliness of the last 3 episodes in terms of character development, resolutions to key stories, total inconsistency in terms of power balance... I can't even think of everything but there's a reason these last few episodes have all gotten the lowest scores of any GoT episode ever on sites like Rotten Tomatoes and those are reviews by paid critics not just angry internet people. This has nothing to do with them picking the ending people wanted, that's a lazy critique that doesn't hold for the vast majority of people who dislike the recent episodes (and I realize you're not saying that necessarily but it's like the go-to argument of fanboys who don't like people criticizing the show).
            I get it...we go from losing a dragon to a scorpion shot from a fleet of ships that Dany should have seen coming...to Dany and Drogon destroying the iron fleet and King's Landing without a scratch from what? 50+ scorpions?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

As a result of an anti-trust settlement in NY, Spectrum offered NY customers either 6-months of free Showtime, or 3-months of free HBO. We opted for HBO. Having seen only 2 or 3 episodes of GoT while in a hotel long ago and enjoying it, we decided to ‘binge’ from the first episode, which we started around the first week of April. We just made it through The Long Night last night, and will knock-off S8E4 tonight, take a few days off, and watch S8E5 along with the final episode “live” on Sunday.

Having said all of that, I guess we are quite fortunate. We did not have to “suffer-through” the long delays between seasons (and episodes, for that matter). Yeah, the downside is that I have come-across some “generalized” spoilers reading this thread along the way, but nothing that ruined the experience. For example, Arya taking-out the Night King last night (for me! )... I knew what was coming, but didn’t know how it was coming. Still enjoyed it despite the prior knowledge. However seeing some of the recent posts, maybe I should reserve comment until tomorrow!

This final season does not seem “rushed” to me, likely because we are “rushing” the whole flippin’ series into a little over 5-weeks (traveled on Vacation the week prior to Easter, so took a week off our ‘binge’). The biggest problem... what are we going to do after Sunday?! Although we are planning to ‘fire’ Spectrum on Monday, so we’re going to have to figure-out something to do.

The Night is Dark, and full of Terrors...
              Cheers,
              ~TTF
              Dave
              RIT - '90

Comment

Like politics, the TV providers are bifurcating by intelligence. Network TV is being left behind to the orcs. It's "Ow, My Balls!" Network TV is cratering its IQ (never too far a drop in the first place) to appeal to the right.

Meanwhile, providers like HBO, BBC, and Netflix are skewing their programming to the humans. It's like a proliferation of PBS.
                So sayeth the guy who watches the bachelor.

Comment

Originally posted by Transplanted Tiger Fan View Post
                  As a result of an anti-trust settlement in NY, Spectrum offered NY customers either 6-months of free Showtime, or 3-months of free HBO. We opted for HBO. Having seen only 2 or 3 episodes of GoT while in a hotel long ago and enjoying it, we decided to ‘binge’ from the first episode, which we started around the first week of April. We just made it through The Long Night last night, and will knock-off S8E4 tonight, take a few days off, and watch S8E5 along with the final episode “live” on Sunday.

Having said all of that, I guess we are quite fortunate. We did not have to “suffer-through” the long delays between seasons (and episodes, for that matter). Yeah, the downside is that I have come-across some “generalized” spoilers reading this thread along the way, but nothing that ruined the experience. For example, Arya taking-out the Night King last night (for me! )... I knew what was coming, but didn’t know how it was coming. Still enjoyed it despite the prior knowledge. However seeing some of the recent posts, maybe I should reserve comment until tomorrow!

This final season does not seem “rushed” to me, likely because we are “rushing” the whole flippin’ series into a little over 5-weeks (traveled on Vacation the week prior to Easter, so took a week off our ‘binge’). The biggest problem... what are we going to do after Sunday?! Although we are planning to ‘fire’ Spectrum on Monday, so we’re going to have to figure-out something to do.

Cheers,
                  ~TTF
                  I would recommend West World before you cancel
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    So sayeth the guy who watches the bachelor.
                    I never claimed The Bachelor was anything but idiotic.

Though I finally stopped watching it. It got too boring.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://youtu.be/eVyxnMM3ldc
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

As a result of an anti-trust settlement in NY, Spectrum offered NY customers either 6-months of free Showtime, or 3-months of free HBO. We opted for HBO.
                        I dumped Spectrum two weeks ago before I even took advantage of this offer. That's how much I was hating them. Went with YouTubeTV and then bought a month of HBO Now like I always do when Game of Thrones is on and we can also catch up with Veep. (Also, started watching Sharp Objects. A little slow, but very intriguing. Want to try Chernobyl, but I'm afraid that might be very disturbing and depressing.) Still saves me $40 a month, and I get the sports I want.

As soon as Greenlight Networks enters my neighborhood (they are on the verge), I'll save another $15/month for even faster Internet, and I dump Spectrum all together and kiss their sorry *ss*s goodbye.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Cheers,
                          ~TTF
                          Chernobyl has been fascinating and Gentleman Jack enjoyable...but if you're canceling Monday then you probably don't want to start a new series.

HBO will be airing a special GoT episode on 26 May. The 2-hour documentary "The Last Watch" will detail the making of the final season.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Baaah. I had multiple endings for all the characters in mind and they managed to pick none of them. I knew they were all going to end and I never locked myself into any particular ending. Even with that amount of latitude they have managed to disappoint me in many ways.
                            I think the latest surmise out there is pretty much everyone except Dany who is still alive will survive. Even Tyrion.

Bronn takes over at High Garden. Stansa stays at Winterfell. Yara in the Iron Islands. Gendry for House Borathian. Brienne becomes the head of the King's Guard. Sam Tarley takes over as Grand Maester. Aria just disappears to kill people. Jon Snow goes north to reunite with Tormund and Ghost. Tyrion becomes hand of the King. Brandon Stark becomes King by election or popular acclaim.

It kind of makes sense (why put Gendry and Bronn into the positions they were awarded in earlier episodes). Not really sure where the dragon fits into this, or what will happen to the unsullied and Dothraki, but I could see it playing out that way for the major characters.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              what will happen to the unsullied and Dothraki, but I could see it playing out that way for the major characters.
                              If they're Team Dany they die. The survivors go back across the pond to Easteros, or whatever it's called.

Actually, having Grey Worm ice Dany and the ride off into the sunse-- er,... rise? I guess? would be nice because then none of the houses have the death of the Almost Last Targyreon on its head.

House Lannister still needs a king. Hello... Tyrion.

The 7 (9, whatever) kingdoms become independent of each other and each starts breaking up in turn. There's no Iron Throne to rule them all anymore. It was a bad idea anyway.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                Chernobyl has been fascinating and Gentleman Jack enjoyable...but if you're canceling Monday then you probably don't want to start a new series.

HBO will be airing a special GoT episode on 26 May. The 2-hour documentary "The Last Watch" will detail the making of the final season.
                                Not to mention the Deadwood movie on May 31.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X