Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

I mixed up Bronn and Bran.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-13-2019, 01:12 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

Hahahahahahahahaahaaa

Comment

For those of us (Myself Included) who are disappointed in how Dany's arc is coming to fruition, YES, we know that all this was foreshadowed and yes we watched the show the entire time. It doesn't change our minds. Sometimes the obvious is the easy way out. I think they actually did make it obvious what was going to happen with the way they handled the Missandei killing.

Sansa sure foreshadowed Tyrion's fall when she said he "used to be" clever. That was another hint.

I guess I wanted to be surprised. Instead we got pretty much exactly what they told us we were going to get. While lying to us at the same time cause over many seasons Dany was supposed to be the savior. Tyrion bought it. Varys bought it. Jon Snow bought it. Davos bought it.

Ultimately it feels like a pretty cheesy simple end. There was nothing complex or profound about any of it. Jamie's arc ended up lame. Cersei ended up destroying herself. She wasn't some super political schemer in the end, she just manufactured her own demise. I don't know what to say about Tyrion. We'll find out. He went from one of the greatest written TV characters to blech.

So, yeah, we get it. Mad Queen, blah blah blah. For a series full of surprises there wasn't a single surprise moment last night. Not a one. Been thinking about this all day. The shock of the Red Wedding is what I wanted and instead I got the obvious throughout. And the more I read the more I feel that way.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        So, yeah, we get it. Mad Queen, blah blah blah. For a series full of surprises there wasn't a single surprise moment last night. Not a one. Been thinking about this all day. The shock of the Red Wedding is what I wanted and instead I got the obvious throughout. And the more I read the more I feel that way.
        I was shocked by Varys. He was my favorite to survive it all on the theory that you cannot kill the Deep State.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I was shocked by Varys. He was my favorite to survive it all on the theory that you cannot kill the Deep State.
          It fed Dany's narrative to wack him so it wasn't a surprise. Now, if they had killed Tyrion at that moment for what he had done that would have been better.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Ultimately it feels like a pretty cheesy simple end. There was nothing complex or profound about any of it. Jamie's arc ended up lame. Cersei ended up destroying herself. She wasn't some super political schemer in the end, she just manufactured her own demise. I don't know what to say about Tyrion. We'll find out. He went from one of the greatest written TV characters to blech.
            Cersei's fate was told to us by Tywin in his conversation with her so many years ago - 3rd or 4th season. He told her that she wasn't nearly as clever as she thought herself. We saw that come to fruition last night.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Cersei's fate was told to us by Tywin in his conversation with her so many years ago - 3rd or 4th season. He told her that she wasn't nearly as clever as she thought herself. We saw that come to fruition last night.
              Tywin said that to everybody. Anyway he's the one who died on the sh-tter.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Had forgotten that but sure. Ultimately everyone is turning out exactly how they are supposed to turn out. Which is kind of my point. Just saw a video of George that pretty much confirms that. He appears to be a great believer in foreshadowing and having things turn out the way they are supposed to based on that foreshadowing. In this case it becomes boring. Humans change but it appears in George's World they do not or cannot.

Comment

Had forgotten that but sure. Ultimately everyone is turning out exactly how they are supposed to turn out. Which is kind of my point. Just saw a video of George that pretty much confirms that. He appears to be a great believer in foreshadowing and having things turn out the way they are supposed to based on that foreshadowing. In this case it becomes boring. Humans change but it appears in George's World they do not or cannot.
                  You can find foreshadowing where it doesn't exist. I'm sure there is "foreshadowing" that could be appealed to for a theory as to why any of the major characters kills the Night King. And they were all moot except for Arya's.

You don't like the way it's working out, fine. But it's in no way inferior. It's just not your cuppa.
                  Cornell University

Comment

It fed Dany's narrative to wack him so it wasn't a surprise. Now, if they had killed Tyrion at that moment for what he had done that would have been better.
                    I was expecting that. When Tyrion approached Varys, and gripped his hand(arm? shoulder?), I was expecting so they could die side by side.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

You can find foreshadowing where it doesn't exist. I'm sure there is "foreshadowing" that could be appealed to for a theory as to why any of the major characters kills the Night King. And they were all moot except for Arya's.

You don't like the way it's working out, fine. But it's in no way inferior. It's just not your cuppa.
                      No, I get that. I loved the Night King episode and ending. It was surprising.

Last nights episode was predictable and boring. So was the episode before it. The Dany arc was so predictable it had no shock value when it happened. All that carnage was lost in the obvious reveal.

I never used the word inferior. Last nights episode was about Dany, and Cersei (and to a lesser degree Jamie). All 3 were boring, cliched, and predictable.

Comment

Tywin said that to everybody. Anyway he's the one who died on the sh-tter.
                        It was my opinion that he simply spoke the truth of people's character. He disliked Tyrion, but respected that he had certain talents after he'd proved himself in the battlefield tent on the Riverlands. The Queen of Thorns was given great respect in his dick-ish manner.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

No, I get that. I loved the Night King episode and ending. It was surprising.

Last nights episode was predictable and boring. So was the episode before it. The Dany arc was so predictable it had no shock value when it happened. All that carnage was lost in the obvious reveal.

I never used the word inferior. Last nights episode was about Dany, and Cersei (and to a lesser degree Jamie). All 3 were boring, cliched, and predictable.
                          The showrunners are Hollywood writers struggling with footnotes instead of having material to find the interesting pieces or develop it properly. They know that character X has to get to Place Y at the end but not how or even why sometimes and they're not good enough to match Martin's twenty+ year old talent from earlier seasons. The NK was a show creation so you get shock value and they could do whatever.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Submitted without comment.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Submitted without comment.
                              “A literal speak chucker “. Holy **** I laughed hard.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                              X