Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 157

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

  1. #101
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    22,835
    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    After waiting 20+ years for an ending, I'm fine with it. Could've been worse.
    Sums up my feelings precisely.

  2. #102
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    30,413

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    The Game is over...Starks win.

    When do we get an Arya spin off where she "discovers"....ummm...Ameri...cos?

  3. #103
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    The Game is over...Starks win.

    When do we get an Arya spin off where she "discovers"....ummm...Ameri...cos?
    Allegedly two projects are being worked on. One is a prequel to the current events we’ve seen in Westeros and perhaps the second is the Arya spinoff.

  4. #104
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,665

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Allegedly two projects are being worked on. One is a prequel to the current events we’ve seen in Westeros and perhaps the second is the Arya spinoff.
    Does the actress want to do that? It's been written that many of the actors were eager to the point of being very impatient to move on from GoT.

    And I absolutely cannot see an Arya spinoff without Maisie Williams.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  5. #105
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    72,812

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Ultimately the show delivered cause the show, the story, was about the Stark's. However, none of the Stark's really got a happy ending (Arya came closest).

    Arya sails off into the sunset. Beautiful picture, beautiful setting.
    Sansa I see ruling like Queen Elizabeth.
    Tyrion gets punished by atoning for all his stupid mistakes.
    Jon Snow finally breaks free of his sense of duty and rides north so he can have children, he can get married, and live out his days.
    Brienne never loves again. She serves as a Knight till the end of her days.
    Bran rules for long long time, until the threat.

    The threat? Dany lives (much like Jon Snow, the Lord of Light is mysterious). That should have been the ending. Instead we got this bittersweet ending to a show that was filled and rode a wave of shock and awe.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  6. #106

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    64,490

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Maybe Drogon goes back to his birthplace and throws Dany into a fire and she walks out and hooks up with some Dothraki stud. Death isn't forever in this show.

    I like the ending. Dr. Mrs. said it well: we are living through a hellishly dark timeline so a dumb TV show that ends hopefully is just fine escapism.

    Who was the silly guy who started in on his king application before Sansa cut him off?

    Was Gendry there representin' for House Borathion? I didn't see him.

    Being an inveterate loather of Starks (they get everybody else killed; they live) I'm satisfied they each get what they "deserve" in different paradoxical ways.

    I disagree with the idea that Jon is "finally freed of his sense of duty." Jon literally peaced out on every duty he had in the course of the show. He's the embodiment of irresponsibility, not because he is a bad man (he's anything but) but because he is a moral weakling. Next time just f-ck the pretty blonde and then shiv her in bed, Jon. Save a million lives.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-20-2019 at 08:24 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  7. #107
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    72,812

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Maybe Drogon goes back to his birthplace and throws Dany into a fire and she walks out and hooks up with some Dothraki stud. Death isn't forever in this show.

    I like the ending. Dr. Mrs. said it said: we are living through a hellishly dark timeline so a TV show that ends hopefully is just fine with her.

    Who was the silly guy who started in on his king application before Sansa cut him off?

    Was Gendry there representin' for House Borathion? I didn't see him.
    Yes, Gendry was there. I saw him. Not sure who the fool was that was told to shut up. And yes, Drogon did do that.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  8. #108
    Yep, still here
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    28,741

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, Gendry was there. I saw him. Not sure who the fool was that was told to shut up. And yes, Drogon did do that.
    Edmure Tully
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites


    Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

  9. #109
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    72,812

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Being an inveterate loather of Starks (they get everybody else killed; they live) I'm satisfied they each get what they "deserve" in different paradoxical ways.

    I disagree with the idea that Jon is "finally freed of his sense of duty." Jon literally peaced out on every duty he had in the course of the show. He's the embodiment of irresponsibility, not because he is a bad man (he's anything but) but because he is a moral weakling. Next time just f-ck the pretty blonde and then shiv her in bed, Jon. Save a million lives.
    Interesting. Ultimately I liked them better than you did. I wanted better.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  10. #110

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    64,490

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Edmure Tully
    If Sam wasn't head of House Tully why was he at the council? He's not Maestre because the other guy (Purcell?) wrote the book.

    I liked that democracy got hooted down, not least because Dr. Mrs. said if the ending was democracy comes to Westeros she would put her head through our TV. I also liked that even the people we have been trained to think of as "good" (e.g., Sansa) find it ridiculous. It is literally beyond the ken of a ruling elite -- for them you may as well give the vote to the dogs. I didn't see Tyrion's reaction but I would have appreciated him getting a laugh out of it. No matter how wise you are you cannot escape your culture.

    (Of course, given how it's working out... maybe they're right.)

    Are we supposed to think Drogon intentionally melted the throne or was he just scattershot unhappy? If we're gonna say Drogon is capable of nuanced socio-political thought I'm going to laugh out loud. I didn't assume he was making any judgement of Jon by not frying him. I figured he couldn't because (a) he's a Targyreon and thus protected, and/or (b) he can't fricassee anybody without the magic order.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-20-2019 at 08:38 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  11. #111
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    72,812

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    If Sam wasn't head of House Tully why was he at the council? He's not Maestre because the other guy (Purcell?) wrote the book.

    I liked that democracy got hooted down, not least because Dr. Mrs. said if the ending was democracy comes to Westeros she would put her head through our TV.

    Are we supposed to think Drogon intentionally melted the throne or was he just unhappy? If we're gonna say Drogon is capable of nuanced socio-political thought I'm going to laugh out loud. I didn't assume he was making any judgement of Jon by not frying him. I figured he couldn't because (a) he's a Targyreon and thus protected, and/or (b) he can't fricassee anybody without the magic order.
    I liked that Democracy got hooted down as well. I would have thrown a brick through my TV too.

    Yes, he intentionally melted the throne. His queen can't sit on it then no one can. He couldn't because of the Targyreon thing, and because fire would have done nothing to him much like the Night King, otherwise he would have fried him. He took the body to save his queen, which he did.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  12. #112

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    64,490

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I liked that Democracy got hooted down as well. I would have thrown a brick through my TV too.

    Yes, he intentionally melted the throne. His queen can't sit on it then no one can. He couldn't because of the Targyreon thing, and because fire would have done nothing to him much like the Night King, otherwise he would have fried him. He took the body to save his queen, which he did.
    Since there is a Targyreon remaining then shouldn't Drogon be programmed to view Jon as the rightful King? Or was that Drogon specifically telling Jon, "dude, you're not up to it"?

    I'd like to see a prequel about the Valyrian Freehold. Dr. Mrs. said she thinks the one planned is much earlier, with the tree people and all that silliness. Like maybe it's the story of how the Night King comes to be.

    I'd also be up for Arya's adventures with the Native Amerisosians. It can be like Kirk with that injun broad.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-20-2019 at 08:43 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  13. #113
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    4,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    If Sam wasn't head of House Tully why was he at the council? He's not Maestre because the other guy (Purcell?) wrote the book.

    I liked that democracy got hooted down, not least because Dr. Mrs. said if the ending was democracy comes to Westeros she would put her head through our TV. I also liked that even the people we have been trained to think of as "good" (e.g., Sansa) find it ridiculous. It is literally beyond the ken of a ruling elite -- for them you may as well give the vote to the dogs. I didn't see Tyrion's reaction but I would have appreciated him getting a laugh out of it. No matter how wise you are you cannot escape your culture.

    (Of course, given how it's working out... maybe they're right.)

    Are we supposed to think Drogon intentionally melted the throne or was he just scattershot unhappy? If we're gonna say Drogon is capable of nuanced socio-political thought I'm going to laugh out loud. I didn't assume he was making any judgement of Jon by not frying him. I figured he couldn't because (a) he's a Targyreon and thus protected, and/or (b) he can't fricassee anybody without the magic order.
    Sam is house Tarly. Edmure is Tully

  14. #114
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    72,812

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Since there is a Targyreon remaining then shouldn't Drogon be programmed to view Jon as the rightful King? Or was that Drogon specifically telling Jon, "dude, you're not up to it"?
    Drogon was always too attached to Dany. Dany's life hung in the balance. He couldn't kill Jon but he could save Dany.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  15. #115

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    64,490

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Sam is house Tarly. Edmure is Tully
    Well. I mix up Bronn and Bran, too.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  16. #116
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,404

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Yes, Gendry was there. I saw him. Not sure who the fool was that was told to shut up. And yes, Drogon did do that.
    Gendry was sitting there and one of the middle people to say aye to Bran. I thought one of the best scenes of the episode was the first meeting of the new small council. That was gold. Also, how great was that visual of Dany walking out and Drogon taking off behind her. Whoever thought of that was genius.

    I was shocked that Dany went down so early in the episode. Definitely didn't see that coming so quickly.

    Edmure Tully was the guy that Sansa told to shut up. He was the one that was set to be married at Red Wedding to the Frey daughter.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

  17. #117

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    64,490

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Drogon was always too attached to Dany. Dany's life hung in the balance. He couldn't kill Jon but he could save Dany.
    Oh, the clock was ticking? I can see that.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  18. #118

    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Further on down the road
    Posts
    64,490

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    I thought one of the best scenes of the episode was the first meeting of the new small council.
    Best scene in the episode for my money. Hard to find anything for comic value in that episode, which was mostly pathos, so they took their chance and ran with it. I also liked that 3 seats are vacant -- it would have been too contrived for everybody from the Wacky Adventures of the Starky Bunch to wind up as the Council. Not to mention a doom of Groupthink.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

  19. #119
    rock and roller
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory
    Posts
    22,498

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    Edmure Tully
    The wonderful Tobias Menzies.

    yep, that ending was about as good as we could have expected. just wish they had ended it with that shot of the gate to the wall coming down behind the group of wildlings, cutting straight to black, cue music, run credits.

    The meeting of the small council was great. But the best scene was Brienne completing the history of Ser Jaime.

    And I knew Jon was gonna shiv Dany when you could see him turn slightly as they were coupling, as he reached for his dagger.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

  20. #120
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    31,728

    Re: Game of Thrones Season 8: Now What Will We Do for Boobies?

    Quote Originally Posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
    Allegedly two projects are being worked on. One is a prequel to the current events we’ve seen in Westeros and perhaps the second is the Arya spinoff.
    The two prequel projects I've heard mentioned are the war that ousts that Mad King from the Iron Throne, or the war where the Targaryens conquer Westeros some 300 years prior. There were four total spinoffs suggested, but they've whittled it down to two. The only thing they're not saying is what those two spinoffs will be.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •