This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Was that the chick who bounced around on cars but wasn't Hanna, or the drooling old Bruce Willis thing?

TBH I could see either of them starting out as comic books. Bam, biff, pow, zzzzz.
    Bruce
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Yes Red is a comic.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Yes Red is a comic.
        I thought he was a prisoner in Shawshank...

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Yes Red is a comic.
          Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          I thought he was a prisoner in Shawshank...
          I believe Redd is spelled with 2 d's, and he is the comic who played Lamont's dad.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
            I believe Redd is spelled with 2 d's, and he is the comic who played Lamont's dad.
            And famously the second-dirtiest comic on the Strip, after Buddy Hackett.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Alone In Berlin:
              After a Nazi German working class couple loses their son in World War II, they decide to retaliate by secretly leafletting handwritten cards in Berlin denouncing their government.

Solid cast, great story (based on true events). It's a slower drama, While Emma Thompson and Brendan Gleeson are the stars of the movie, I really think Daniel Bruhl (Inglorious Basterds, Joyeux Noel) is the meat of the story. Really delves into the depth of the character. Definitely recommend watching this one.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Alone In Berlin:
                After a Nazi German working class couple loses their son in World War II, they decide to retaliate by secretly leafletting handwritten cards in Berlin denouncing their government.

Solid cast, great story (based on true events). It's a slower drama, While Emma Thompson and Brendan Gleeson are the stars of the movie, I really think Daniel Bruhl (Inglorious Basterds, Joyeux Noel) is the meat of the story. Really delves into the depth of the character. Definitely recommend watching this one.
                Any indication on which side (east/west) they end up on? That would be the more interesting story.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Any indication on which side (east/west) they end up on? That would be the more interesting story.
                  To answer that would be spoiling the ending. Since it was based on real people, you can look it up if you want.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Gilda.

Famous for showcasing Rita Hayworth's unbelievable sexuality, it also has terrific roles for two post-war actors who I love but always forget: Glen Ford and George Macready.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Gilda.

Famous for showcasing Rita Hayworth's unbelievable sexuality, it also has terrific roles for two golden age actors who I love but always forget: Glen Ford and George Macready.
                      Great movie.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Great movie.
                        I'll have to add it. I think I've heard about it, but never have seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Gilda.

Famous for showcasing Rita Hayworth's unbelievable sexuality, it also has terrific roles for two post-war actors who I love but always forget: Glen Ford and George Macready.
                          A Rita Hayworth quote or two:
                          "...Every man I have ever known has fallen in love with Gilda and awakened with me."

"Old age - that's when a woman takes Vitamins A through G, and still looks like H."
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            "Every man I have ever known has fallen in love with Gilda and awakened with me."
                            This shows far more self-awareness than I'd have expected.

The three most alluring (term used advisedly) women in movies are roughly coeval: Barbara Stanwyck (born 1907), Rita Hayworth (1918), and Lana Turner (1921).
                            Cornell University

Comment

Joe piscapo as Sinatra on snl "I've done em all!! "
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

https://amp.cinemablend.com/news/247...h-connor-image

Interesting...I haven’t seen either of the last two installments since 3 was such garbage but this *may* have promise given Cameron is producing and Hamilton is back.
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X