This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

I saw Once Upon a Time...whoever wrote that article for Jezebel never even saw the film that much is obvious. (same with the Post if they were being serious) What a crock.

I thought the movie was ok. Like most Tarantino Films (imho) parts are amazing, parts are boring and parts are alright. The performances are A+, the setting and attention to detail is spot on...story kind of meanders between boring and interesting. I recommend seeing it...but I doubt I would ever watch it again. Brad Pitt is just awesome though
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      ...I thought the offensive Siamese Cat tune was in Lady & the Tramp
      Or is there more than one?
      Right you are, tic... Lady & the Tramp (which happens to be #2 on my Disney list) does indeed include that. The Aristocats also has a Siamese Cat in Scat Cat’s band... also stereotyped, but to a ‘slightly-lesser’ degree.

I feel shame...
      Dave
      RIT - '90

Comment

The Mule:

I liked it. The family theme is heavy, a little too much so, but that's nitpicking. Great cast, too. When Taissa Farmiga first appeared, I immediately thought "daughter of Vera." While the ages fall into that range (21 year difference), Taissa is actually the younger sister. Spittin' image, I tell ya. It's a good movie to watch.

And 'ewe: The Hateful Eight by Tarantino was pretty good, IMO.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Mule was a solid film. Not great but worth a watch for sure.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            The Mule was a solid film. Not great but worth a watch for sure.
            I will say (nitpick) Eastwood loves to put in racial slurs into his movies as of late.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Watchin the fyre festival doc..... bwahahahahahahahahaha

Awesome. Fvck all these over monied millennials
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Watchin the fyre festival doc..... bwahahahahahahahahaha

Awesome. Fvck all these over monied millennials
                Which one Hulu or Netflix? I've heard both are excellent. But Netflix has the guy willing to do things for bottled water...
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Which one Hulu or Netflix? I've heard both are excellent. But Netflix has the guy willing to do things for bottled water...
                  The Netflix one....hooboy. And yeah, I was laughing at all the "influencers" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    The Netflix one....hooboy. And yeah, I was laughing at all the "influencers" etc.
                    Obligatory Ryan Reynolds Aviation Gin commercial making fun of it...
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Netflix.... yah that was kinda funny

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I'd never heard of this! I must check it out; thanks for the tip.
                        Lol. It’s not good. It’s not on most lists for a reason. It’s like Oliver and Company for me. Sentimental favorite, not actually good.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I can't stand Fantasia. I want to like it, I swear, but it's like listening to paint dry.
                        Correct.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Fantasia is freaky. The broom scene gives me the heebie-jeebies.

And I stand by Robin Hood. It's a very fun movie.

Comment

Wasn’t George of the Jungle a Disney film??

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Wasn’t George of the Jungle a Disney film??
                              Buena Vista. Entirely different

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                The Hulu one has the actual con man interviewed which is why I like it better.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X