This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

I'd say that one episode of The Nanny where they spoofed Dynasty. He was pretty flat playing Blake though he had maybe 3 lines. But it wasn't about him, so I can understand him going for the easy paycheck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Imported from the Apollo 11 thread.

I'd have a lot of trouble looking at Hanks' slack-jawed corn-fed face for 2 hours.

Actually... yikes, I have never seen a Tom Hanks movie all the way through, unless you count the Toy Story series. He's so... god, he sucks.

Hard No from the Trailer: Cast Away, The Terminal, Big, Philadelphia, Sully, Sleepless in Seattle, Catch Me if You Can, You've Got Mail, The Burbs, The Ladykillers, Extremeley Loud and Incredibly Close, Nothing in Common, Every Time We Say Goodbye, My Big Fat Greek Wedding

What Do You Think?: Turner and Hooch

Nothing Against It, Just Didn't Bother: Splash, Cloud Atlas, Road to Perdition, The Post, Captain Phillips, The Man with One Red Shoe, The Green Mile

I've never even heard of any of these movies: Saving Mr. Banks, A Hologram for the King, Larry Crowne, Punchline, The Great Buck Howard, He Knows You're Alone

Saw pieces, was unimpressed: Forrest Gump, The Da Vinci Code series, Bridge of Spies, The Bonfire of the Vanities

Saw pieces, to be honest it did not suck: The Money Pit, Joe Versus the Volcano

Didn't see because Tom Hanks sucks but I should anyway: Apollo 13, Saving Private Ryan

Oh... wait. Yes, I have seen five Big Fat Loser Tom Hanks movie all the way through:

Saw, liked: A League of Their Own, That Thing You Do, Charlie Wilson's War, Volunteers

Saw, hated
      : Dragnet
      I’m not a Tom Hanks fan for a few reasons I won’t wade into deeply here. He’s okay I guess but i’m also no fan of J. Stewart either so...

I did enjoy Catch Me If You Can as DeCaprio is fantastic and i’m A sucker for true stories.

SPR I loved at first. Over time as I dug into Hanks and playtone, Ambrose etc I soured a bit on it. Still a really good movie but with asterisks like *based on the Niland brothers, very different story. Also, Ambrose was caught lying about how many times he interviewed Eisenhower and how many hours he spent with him overall. It’s incredibly deflating and I feel I cannot trust works by Ambrose or movies/t.v. Based on his research because if he’s Willing to lie, or grossly embellish, that’s no longer history but I digress.

Other than those aforementioned movies i’ve Seen only parts of other Hanks films and,...ugh, I guess I don’t get it.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Remember when he yelled at me and accused me of liking Michael bay movies because I said lala land sucked. LOL. I thought I broke him for a minute
        Kep is a national treasure, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Kep is a national treasure, for sure.
          Can I monetize that?
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Can I monetize that?
            Be my guest.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              I’m not a Tom Hanks fan for a few reasons I won’t wade into deeply here.
              My guess: you think he runs the water-fluoridation mind-control conspiracy.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                I Always Love That One.

But seriously, solo isn't Flaggy-level bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                  I don’t believe in garbage Alex jones conspiracy theories. But, JFK And RFK taken out by cia assets? You bet. MLK and X taken out in similar fashion? Yes. King vs. Jowers in 99 proved in court the King murder was not done by James earl ray. Judge Joe Brown presided.

But I digress, I’m not a fan of Tom Hanks’ acting nor his safe and I’ll-informed history movies or shows like parkland.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                    Judge Joe Brown presided.
                    And got kicked off the case for impropriety before becoming a tv personality.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      And got kicked off the case for impropriety before becoming a tv personality.
                      You may want to read up on that allleged “impropriety”. Regardless, the King family won the civil suit and that was ignored by msm.

Back to Tom Hanks. Why he’s revered over say Gary Oldman (who’s an absolute chameleon) is beyond me.

Comment

You may want to read up on that allleged “impropriety”. Regardless, the King family won the civil suit and that was ignored by msm.

Back to Tom Hanks. Why he’s revered over say Gary Oldman (who’s an absolute chameleon) is beyond me.
                        Big, Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13

Comment

I can think two actors are good for different roles.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I don’t believe in garbage Alex jones conspiracy theories. But, JFK And RFK taken out by cia assets? You bet. MLK and X taken out in similar fashion? Yes. King vs. Jowers in 99 proved in court the King murder was not done by James earl ray. Judge Joe Brown presided.

But I digress, I’m not a fan of Tom Hanks’ acting nor his safe and I’ll-informed history movies or shows like parkland.
                            Well, I just think he's a bland, talentless, obvious, dreary, sh-tty actor. The Bud Lite of drama.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              SPR I loved at first. Over time as I dug into Hanks and playtone, Ambrose etc I soured a bit on it. Still a really good movie but with asterisks like *based on the Niland brothers, very different story. Also, Ambrose was caught lying about how many times he interviewed Eisenhower and how many hours he spent with him overall. It’s incredibly deflating and I feel I cannot trust works by Ambrose or movies/t.v. Based on his research because if he’s Willing to lie, or grossly embellish, that’s no longer history but I digress.....
                              Movies are entertainment
                              Even documentary flix are entertainment with opinions and slant. Heck, live video is presented with a slant

Based on a true story? The Natural then is based on a true story (man plays baseball).
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I'll admit Forrest Gump is a bit overrated. But the rest of his 90s films are classics at this point.

I would reevaluate Castaway though, which is about where he started to become a bit overdone.

Why hate him over Gary Oldman? They are both capable of being fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X