This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    BREAKING: Disney has announced a new Marvel character, Iron Spider, who lives in Queens and has the alter ego Tony Stark Jr. The movie will star Tom Holland.

(Not really...but would it surprise anyone if it happened?)
    Isn't that pretty much what this one is anyways? MCU Spidey is just an Iron Man fanboy anyways.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Isn't that pretty much what this one is anyways? MCU Spidey is just an Iron Man fanboy anyways.
      But legally...

Comment

Wouldn't be the 1st blatant rip-off in the comic book world
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Lionsgate quietly dropped the trailer today for "Bombshell," the story about how Gretchen Carlson and Megyn Kelly opened up about being sexual harrased by Roger Ailes, and his ousting from Fox News. And Twitter exploded about it.

It's just a minute twenty seven, but Ho. Ly. Sh*t. Only three words are said in the whole trailer. The tension is creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXL33tEUA3g
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The second one was OK. Each of the scenes you mentioned are good.

The underlying philosophical issues are explored better in the second one, but the stupidity that's unavoidable in the casting choices is really starting to kick in then.

And then the third... oh, god, the third.

A-, B+, F.

I was such a great idea (albeit stolen from dozens of precursors in hard SF). I only wish more competent writers, directors, and actors had been given it to work with. In 50 years when they're all dead somebody should do it right.
            My issue with the third one is that after the second one, fans clamored for less dialogue and more action (a mistake, in my eyes). So then the third was ALL action, which took away from the original philosophical idea of the whole original premise. I don't think it was ever meant to be an action-first movie. It was more a thinking movie. A "what if," dare I say existential, movie?
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Lionsgate quietly dropped the trailer today for "Bombshell," the story about how Gretchen Carlson and Megyn Kelly opened up about being sexual harrased by Roger Ailes, and his ousting from Fox News. And Twitter exploded about it.

It's just a minute twenty seven, but Ho. Ly. Sh*t. Only three words are said in the whole trailer. The tension is creepy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXL33tEUA3g
              Comments from the snowflake brigade area priceless.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                My issue with the third one is that after the second one, fans clamored for less dialogue and more action (a mistake, in my eyes). So then the third was ALL action, which took away from the original philosophical idea of the whole original premise. I don't think it was ever meant to be an action-first movie. It was more a thinking movie. A "what if," dare I say existential, movie?
                2 and 3 were filmed together. The fans had zero to do with it it was always supposed to be that way.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Comments from the snowflake brigade area priceless.
                  It took me a moment to realize that was Charlize Theron and not actually Megyn Kelly.
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Stan Lee's daughter doesn't seem to happy with Disney, Marvel or Sony these days...
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Stan Lee's daughter doesn't seem to happy with Disney, Marvel or Sony these days...
                      Has she done anything other than win the birth lottery?
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Has she done anything other than win the birth lottery?
                        What does that have to do with anything? She can't think they treated her father badly because she was lucky enough to be his daughter?

(I have no clue if she is right but her comments weren't crazy or anything)
                        Last edited by Handyman; 08-22-2019, 11:40 AM.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          What does that have to do with anything? She can't think they treated her father badly because she was lucky enough to be his daughter?

Other than the fact she was labeled in an elder abuse case involving herself and her father...
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I wasn't referring to the link, which I didn't look at. It was a freestanding question. I was curious.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              Other than the fact she was labeled in an elder abuse case involving herself and her father...
                              Yeah I know which is why I found it weird she said anything. I am starting to think no one treated him well once their profits were maximized.

(except Kevin Smith)
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The only people worse than rich people are rich people's kids.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X