This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Try it. You'll be accused of being Antisemitic.
    I do...and I am not. I am Jewish though so that isn't fair to you

That said I guarantee I know more Jews than you do and not one of them would accuse you of being Antisemitic for criticizing the ridiculous actions of Israel since Rabin died. Hell the majority of Jews I know support a two or three State solution.

Criticism of Israel /= Antisemitism. Sometimes the reasoning behind it is rooted in it but that isn't always on the person criticizing.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: Movie Thread #50: Godzilla gives us permission to nuke our enemies

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      The Neocons used to call any Jew who opposed their Gulf Adventure "self-hating." Didn't seem to matter at all whether the perp was goy or not.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Anyways Cusack wade a moronic move but overall he is definitely on the right side if you know his politics.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

That said I guarantee I know more Jews than you do and not one of them would accuse you of being Antisemitic for criticizing the ridiculous actions of Israel since Rabin died. Hell the majority of Jews I know support a two or three State solution.

Criticism of Israel /= Antisemitism. Sometimes the reasoning behind it is rooted in it but that isn't always on the person criticizing.
          I didn't say you were Antisemitic. I said you'd be accused. And since you're Jewish, as Kepler said, you'd be called a self-hating Jew. I am friends with a diehard Jew and ANY criticism and he immediately brands you as Antisemitic. I made the mistake of saying I have heard all I want to about Israel/Palestine and was branded. I wasn't even critical, I explained that I was a delegate at the 2004 Convention and we never got through our platform because the I/P issue was debated for two days before someone pointed out almost everyone had left and we no longer had a quorum. As if anyone cares what we said on the issue. He is very anti-Trump but thrilled that he moved the embassy and totally on board with them naming a settlement in his honor. He's ****ing delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            I didn't say you were Antisemitic. I said you'd be accused. And since you're Jewish, as Kepler said, you'd be called a self-hating Jew. I am friends with a diehard Jew and ANY criticism and he immediately brands you as Antisemitic. I made the mistake of saying I have heard all I want to about Israel/Palestine and was branded. I wasn't even critical, I explained that I was a delegate at the 2004 Convention and we never got through our platform because the I/P issue was debated for two days before someone pointed out almost everyone had left and we no longer had a quorum. As if anyone cares what we said on the issue. He is very anti-Trump but thrilled that he moved the embassy and totally on board with them naming a settlement in his honor. He's ****ing delusional.
            Yeah go back and read what I said. I criticize Israel all the time and I never get called that. (never once, not even as a joke) Maybe go back and read what Kepler said too because his post isnt about Jews calling each other self hating it is about neocons calling Jews self hating. Jews dont tend to be neocons, we tend to be liberals outside of the Netanyahoos who are war-mongers. (and usually Orthodox) But please, keep telling me how your anecdotal evidence from your one hardcore Jewish friend somehow overshadows the literal thousands of interactions I have with Jews every year (ranging from Orthodox to Reform to Reconstructionist...also ranging from those that live/have lived there to those who couldnt find it on a map) cause that is pretty funny

Are there some Jews that take criticism that way...sure. It is not the majority of Jews especially in America. Even in Israel it isnt as high as you might think despite what the media and certain politicians tell you.

Now can we drop this BS and get back to movies please...
            Last edited by Handyman; 06-19-2019, 08:41 PM.
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

A young 20 something colleague is heading to new Hampshire for the weekend, so I told him about how I made sure to spend a weekend at lake winnepasaukee. His face showed no recognition. He’s never seen what about bob. Tragic

Comment

I’ve seen What About Bob several times but I would have never remembered the name of the lake.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I’ve seen What About Bob several times but I would have never remembered the name of the lake.
                  True, but we started making jokes about the movie and saying quotes and he was still confused. I should have worded it better.

Also we’re now back into movies and off the israel talk!

Comment

Yeah go back and read what I said. I criticize Israel all the time and I never get called that. (never once, not even as a joke) Maybe go back and read what Kepler said too because his post isnt about Jews calling each other self hating it is about neocons calling Jews self hating. Jews dont tend to be neocons, we tend to be liberals outside of the Netanyahoos who are war-mongers. (and usually Orthodox) But please, keep telling me how your anecdotal evidence from your one hardcore Jewish friend somehow overshadows the literal thousands of interactions I have with Jews every year (ranging from Orthodox to Reform to Reconstructionist...also ranging from those that live/have lived there to those who couldnt find it on a map) cause that is pretty funny

Are there some Jews that take criticism that way...sure. It is not the majority of Jews especially in America. Even in Israel it isnt as high as you might think despite what the media and certain politicians tell you.

Now can we drop this BS and get back to movies please...
                    It isn't anecdotal evidence from one friend. Did you miss the part where dozens of people debated this issue at a state political party convention? But as I said, I'm sick of the issue so let's talk about Lake Winnipesaukee some more.

Comment

Unlocked

A CIA agent doing routine field work, after she left her "in the sh*" post after a bombing, is called back "into the sh*" when a terror threat is ID'd and realizes there's a compromised party within...

Formulaic, well told, but due to the formula of most spy movies, you can ID the threat/traitor right away. It's a time-killer.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        A young 20 something colleague is heading to new Hampshire for the weekend, so I told him about how I made sure to spend a weekend at lake winnepasaukee. His face showed no recognition. He’s never seen what about bob. Tragic
                        That is criminal...
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          I thought that was the resort lake at the end of the Blues Brothers.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Are you sure it wasn't the lake from Uncle Buck?

Wait, this isn't an association thread?
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Uncle Buck is a GREAT movie.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Are you sure it wasn't the lake from Uncle Buck?

Wait, this isn't an association thread?
                                The Great Outdoors. (it is now)
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X