Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

Adults eat store bought Ketchup?
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Yes. I'm a grad student on top of having a full time job. I don't have time to make ketchup.

We all don't have the same amount of time as you.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Pretentious much?
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Pretentious much?
          He could also be trolling. He does that from time to time.

That said, if you're white and middle class or higher (and 95% of the posters here are), you're probably pretentious about at least a few things in your life. I'll allow it.

Plus hasn't walrus said something before about dietary restrictions he has to follow?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            He could also be trolling. He does that from time to time.

That said, if you're white and middle class or higher (and 95% of the posters here are), you're probably pretentious about at least a few things in your life. I'll allow it.

Plus hasn't walrus said something before about dietary restrictions he has to follow?
            Fair enough

Fair enough.

That had literally nothing to do with dietary restrictions.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              I would not call any food choice "childish" (I personally would consume an entire bag of circus peanuts happily if not physically constrained). But catsup as a sweet condiment on certain meats which already have sweetness (hot dogs, brats) is... ew. Fully adult ew, but ew nonetheless.

Catsup on burgers, OTOH... heaven.
              I knew you were OK in my book.

Steak and sauce? Just a dab, just to see how it feels. Maybe. Same with ribs (dry rub all the way overall). Any sauce should enhance the flavor, not take it over. Like adding salt to food, etc.

I should add, on the note of salt, unless it's corn on the cob or green beans, I don't put salt on anything.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hellman's came out with a ketchup that's sweetened with honey instead of sugar. Me likey.
                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Wait, what's the alternative to store bought ketchup? Like, making it myself?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I'm trying to think of something more hipster than homemade ketchup. All I can come up with is maybe homemade ketchup made from some fruit other than tomato.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                      I'm trying to think of something more hipster than homemade ketchup. All I can come up with is maybe homemade ketchup made from some fruit other than tomato.
                      That green ketchup stuff? Maybe?

Also: salsa? Condiment, or base, or both?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        That green ketchup stuff? Maybe?
                        They still make that? http://mentalfloss.com/article/55371...-green-ketchup

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          I have no idea, since I don't really eat ketchup. KETCHUP, btw, you commies who spell it "catsup."

Comment

I know that ketchup can be made from blueberries, which makes sense since they have a texture similar to tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              All condiment discussions can continue here.

Mustard - How awesome is it? Or would you rather breathe mustard gas than eat it again?

Mayo - Does it rock your world, or is its only purpose for pranking your college roommates? Perhaps you just think it's overrated/overused? Does it matter if it's one of the fancy Euro/Japanese mayos, or do they all taste like library paste to you?

Ketchup - Is it the "kiddie" condiment, useful only for making bland/soggy French fries edible? Or do you put it on everything like a godd@mned Canuck? Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

Relish - Sweet or dill? Neither? Do people outside of Chiraq still even buy this sh*t?

Hot sauce - How awful is Tabasco? Why is Cholula so much better? Or perhaps you liked "Rooster Sauce" before it was cool, and want to brag about that.

Ranch dressing - Are you from the South? Feel feel to tell us why this is the 6th food group.

Other - Horseradish (prepared or the kind mixed with mayo for roast beef sandwiches)? Russian dressing or Thousand Island (why is relish the only difference between these two)? Something else I'm forgetting?

Slather away!
                              Mustard -- something I hated as a kid, but have come to appreciate as an adult. I like to use it to adhere dry rub to pork before tossing it in the smoker. I like a rough ground bourbon maple mustard for salmon.
                              Mayo - Hellmans only. I like homemade stuff, but don't always have the patience to make it. I put it on sandwiches and use it in egg salad. Otherwise, I could pass (though I like it on grilled cheese before grilling).
                              Ketchup - french fries and occasionally on a hotdog. I used to eat away more of it as a kid.
                              Relish - Not for me.
                              Hot sauce - I use Cholula to make buffalo chicken dip and otherwise don't ever use it.
                              Ranch - I make my own (mayo+ sour cream/greek yogurt + dill + parsley + hot sauce + garlic + salt + paprika + buttermilk) for salads occasionally.
                              Horseradish - I can eat straight out of the jar. I also occasionally like it mixed with a little sour cream to spread on proteins or on a sandwich
                              Vinegar on fries = YUM
                              Worcestershire sauce - I like it in things, but the days of putting it on steak are over since I know how to cook a steak now

Same with ribs (dry rub all the way overall). Any sauce should enhance the flavor, not take it over. Like adding salt to food, etc.
                              When we judge BBQ, we have to try the protein without sauce and then again with the sauce to judge exactly what you said. It's fascinating how a bad sauce can ruin a well done meat. If you include a sauce with your meat, then you're judged on both and you're not supposed to separate out the meat.

I should add, on the note of salt, unless it's corn on the cob or green beans, I don't put salt on anything.
                              Also -- *** with salt? It's a flavor enhancer!!

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post

Also -- *** with salt? It's a flavor enhancer!!
                                Family has history with high blood pressure, etc. I thought the same when I was younger, and learned...you know, not bad! I can dig this.

Comment

Working...
                                X