Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Vinegar. Its whats for dinner.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

I never heard that word before neither, so I say Karate School.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9nLge4vVQ

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        All condiment discussions can continue here.

Mustard - How awesome is it? Or would you rather breathe mustard gas than eat it again?

Mayo - Does it rock your world, or is its only purpose for pranking your college roommates? Perhaps you just think it's overrated/overused? Does it matter if it's one of the fancy Euro/Japanese mayos, or do they all taste like library paste to you?

Ketchup - Is it the "kiddie" condiment, useful only for making bland/soggy French fries edible? Or do you put it on everything like a godd@mned Canuck? Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

Relish - Sweet or dill? Neither? Do people outside of Chiraq still even buy this sh*t?

Hot sauce - How awful is Tabasco? Why is Cholula so much better? Or perhaps you liked "Rooster Sauce" before it was cool, and want to brag about that.

Ranch dressing - Are you from the South? Feel feel to tell us why this is the 6th food group.

Other - Horseradish (prepared or the kind mixed with mayo for roast beef sandwiches)? Russian dressing or Thousand Island (why is relish the only difference between these two)? Something else I'm forgetting?

Slather away!
        Yes
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Ketchup
          Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

I am the proud owner of a bottle of this just to **** off my true Chicagoan friends.

And as a native Michigander: Ketchup, Mustard, and Relish. Unless it's a Coney Dog, then its strictly Coney sauce and nothing else.

Also, Onions can die in a fire.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Only edible condiments are: mayo, horseradish, blue cheese, and rarely ranch dressing.

I dont consider things like russian dressing on a reuben as a condiment. Thats not an add on, its part of the base item.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

I like ketchup. I put it on hot dogs. It tastes good.
              I don’t put it on brats and not because it’s a kids thing. I don’t put it on because it doesn’t taste good on brats.

Hot dogs: ketchup and mustard. Good relish, dill preferred.
              Brats: mustard. If it’s a flavored brat I put extras on. Chili cheese brats get shredded cheddar and sour cream. Pizza brats get red sauce and mozzarella. For instance.
              Burgers: bun, dill pickles, k+m, cheese (not melted on grill preferred), lettuce, burger, mayo, bun
              Chicken sandwiches: always mayo
              Fries, hash browns: ketchup
              Sweet potato fries: aioli of some sort, herbs de Provence are good.
              Carrots: poppy seed dressing or bbq sauce (fight me)
              Steak: nothing that didn’t come from the steak itself
              Deli sandwich: sometimes mayo, usually Tabasco chipotle, usually one of five kinda of mustard (brown/deli, yellow, honey, stone ground, Dijon), sometimes horseradish sauce (I think it’s silverspring applewood - the stuff is insane)
              Pizza: nothing
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Steak: nothing that didn’t come from the steak itself
                I knew I liked you.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Putting ketchup on brats is a crime against humanity. If you are not lucky enough to live in the Secret Stadium Sauce distribution area (or able to buy it online), mustard is acceptable. Ketchup is not.

Generally speaking, Inglehoffer makes a pickle-flavored mustard. It is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    Vinegar. I vastly prefer it to ketchup on fries.
                    Fair play. I like malt vinegar on fish and chips about twice a year.

And yes, brown mustard is the way to go most of the time. Occasionally, the neon yellow stuff is more appropriate (like on a coney or Chicago dog).

What about our thoughts on sour cream? Hummus? BBQ sauce?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
                      Putting ketchup on brats is a crime against humanity
                      Yes. Even on hot dogs it should be a felony.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you are not lucky enough to live in the Secret Stadium Sauce distribution area (or able to buy it online) ...
                        That available at Woodman's? If so, I foresee myself making a road trip to Kenosha soon.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Putting ketchup on brats is a crime against humanity. If you are not lucky enough to live in the Secret Stadium Sauce distribution area (or able to buy it online), mustard is acceptable. Ketchup is not.

Generally speaking, Inglehoffer makes a pickle-flavored mustard. It is amazing.
                          No, it's not. It's a personal preference. The only thing childish about brats and ketchup are the people who throw a tantrum about people who do it. (NOt saying you're throwing a tantrum, but I know people who do.)

If it feels good, do it.
                          Code:

Comment

No, it's not. It's a personal preference. The only thing childish about brats and ketchup are the people who throw a tantrum about people who do it.
                            I would not call any food choice "childish" (I personally would consume an entire bag of circus peanuts happily if not physically constrained). But catsup as a sweet condiment on certain meats which already have sweetness (hot dogs, brats) is... ew. Fully adult ew, but ew nonetheless.

Catsup on burgers, OTOH... heaven.
                            Cornell University

Comment

No, it's not. It's a personal preference. The only thing childish about brats and ketchup are the people who throw a tantrum about people who do it. (NOt saying you're throwing a tantrum, but I know people who do.)

If it feels good, do it.
                              As a native of the Chicagoland area who recognizes that ketchup tastes bad, I agree with this. Now, I believe that ketchup tastes bad on anything, but the root of the ketchup on hot dog thing isn't really that it's for kids. It really is because ketchup is particularly gross on a hot dog. I mean, it's gross on everything, but it's especially gross on a hot dog. It just doesn't mix well with the other things that go on a hot dog.

But the people who get bent out of shape about it are pretty crazy.

Comment

mookie has found, here in the middle heaven, a prized treat!!!!

lotus bishoff spread, crunchy biscuit variety.

it has become a daily lunch. jar and spoon
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X