Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    When mookie was a youngster his polock grandma and pop would have him sit next to the grander and watch mookie cry as he cranked it
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
        Which is why stouts, unlike IPAs, are delicious!
        Try milkshake IPAs (lactose added) or New England style IPAs. Both of those styles are great. I dislike West Coast/traditional IPAs in general.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
          Try milkshake IPAs (lactose added) or New England style IPAs. Both of those styles are great. I dislike West Coast/traditional IPAs in general.
          I have tried a few different things, and there are some that are less disgusting than others. If I run across one of those, I might give it a try, but I've tried enough variations on IPA at this point that it's hard to really imagine giving a chance to too many more.

On a positive note, In about a week and a half, I will have the first opportunity to have a beer in a few months. \o/

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
            Also, hops are a natural preservative, hence why IPAs are so hoppy - they needed to be preserved on the export journey from England to India.
            This is why I have had a good laugh at the Bud Light "no preservatives" commercials.
            In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
            I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Mustard - I like mustard. All types. Yellow, spicy brown, dijon...whatevs. Have it on a burger or a dog or a brat.

Mayo - I think mayo is trash. If it comes on a sandwich or a burger I'll eat it....but I won't go out of my way to have it.

Ketchup - Ketchup is fine. I look at it basically the same way I look at mayo, though.

Relish - Sweet relish is BS. Gotta be dill.

Hot sauce - Hot sauce is fine. Does sriracha count as hot sauce? I dunk my fries in that. Hell yeah.

Ranch dressing - Ranch is so versatile. Have it with wings, veggies, pizza, salad...whatever.

Other - I like horseradish sauce...even ghetto Horsie Sauce at Arby's. BBQ sauce is good but you can't overdo it.
              St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Sriracha is like tabasco for people who have actual taste? I guess? It's not hot, but at least it's not vinegar.

I guess this could be related...someone brought some jerky to an event yesterday, one was sweet teryaki, it was good, but then the other she brought, she used dried habaneros and a touch of ghost pepper to it. And I mean just a touch.

First bite: Yeah, this is nice.
                Second: Ok, it's kicking in.....
                Third: Nope, this ain't going NOWHERE for a while.

It was perfect. Maybe gave you a tear, maybe a little sweat on the forehead...awesome. This is also how I like my hot sauce.
                Last edited by The Rube; 05-04-2019, 11:31 PM.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Mustard -- yellow mustard is gross. Other mustards are acceptable, especially as part of a potato or pasta salad
                  Mayo - Gross. Only acceptable when disguised as something else (ie, flavor added)
                  Ketchup - yes please. Delicious on a chicken sandwich (since we've already established that mayo is gross)
                  Relish - meh
                  Hot sauce - I like breathing, and for that reason I have no opinion on hot sauce (food allergy)
                  Ranch - Fat kid sauce. I'm a fan. This is one of the acceptable variations on mayo. Good on chicken, fries, veggies
                  Horseradish - Yum. At a local German restaurant I sometimes spread horseradish on the bread instead of butter.
                  Vinegar - Amazing. Vinegar based salads are the best. #1 condiment for fries = malt vinegar
                  Worcestershire sauce - I cook with it, but have never used it on its own as a condiment.

Steak - agreed, no sauce needed on a properly cooked steak...but a compound butter doesn't hurt.

Originally posted by duper View Post
                  As a native of the Chicagoland area who recognizes that ketchup tastes bad, I agree with this. Now, I believe that ketchup tastes bad on anything, but the root of the ketchup on hot dog thing isn't really that it's for kids. It really is because ketchup is particularly gross on a hot dog. I mean, it's gross on everything, but it's especially gross on a hot dog. It just doesn't mix well with the other things that go on a hot dog.
                  I've bolded what the issue is. You don't need a bunch of other stuff on a hotdog. Just ketchup (maybe sauerkraut if it's available).
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
                    Mustard -- yellow mustard is gross. Other mustards are acceptable, especially as part of a potato or pasta salad
                    Mayo - Gross. Only acceptable when disguised as something else (ie, flavor added)
                    Ketchup - yes please. Delicious on a chicken sandwich (since we've already established that mayo is gross)
                    Relish - meh
                    Hot sauce - I like breathing, and for that reason I have no opinion on hot sauce (food allergy)
                    Ranch - Fat kid sauce. I'm a fan. This is one of the acceptable variations on mayo. Good on chicken, fries, veggies
                    Horseradish - Yum. At a local German restaurant I sometimes spread horseradish on the bread instead of butter.
                    Vinegar - Amazing. Vinegar based salads are the best. #1 condiment for fries = malt vinegar
                    Worcestershire sauce - I cook with it, but have never used it on its own as a condiment.

Steak - agreed, no sauce needed on a properly cooked steak...but a compound butter doesn't hurt.

I've bolded what the issue is. You don't need a bunch of other stuff on a hotdog. Just ketchup (maybe sauerkraut if it's available).
                    Funny thing about this is, I like a Chicago style hot dog, even though I do not typically like mustard, relish, or pickles. But somehow, when you add them to the flavor of a good hot dog along with the onion, tomato, and celery salt, it's fabulous. (I can take or leave the sport peppers.) But ketchup doesn't mix well with hot dogs. (I don't like ketchup period, but I also don't like mustard.)

Comment

Ran out of pesto aioli tonight
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Ran out of pesto aioli tonight
                        Were you smearing it on turkey sandwiches like a good little hipster?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Were you smearing it on turkey sandwiches like a good little hipster?
                          Nope. But that stuff is great on turkey sandwiches. In fact, most deli-meat sandwiches are great with it.
                          Code:
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Hey, I like it just fine, but let's admit where it, and the whole "call mayo 'aioli'" thing started.

Here on Kauai, I had a good laugh at this on a restaurant menu about their burger that had mustard-mayo sauce.

"Yes, mustard-mayo sauce. Let's be honest, Kauai, it's not aioli and it shouldn't be."

No, I didn't order it. Who the fck orders a burger anywhere in Hawaii?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                              Hey, I like it just fine, but let's admit where it, and the whole "call mayo 'aioli'" thing started.

Here on Kauai, I had a good laugh at this on a restaurant menu about their burger that had mustard-mayo sauce.

"Yes, mustard-mayo sauce. Let's be honest, Kauai, it's not aioli and it shouldn't be."

No, I didn't order it. Who the fck orders a burger anywhere in Hawaii?
                              Aioli is mayo with **** in it. It's been redefined for 20+ years except for hipster purists who are fighting a battle literally no one under the age of 30 has ever heard of.

(But that's still really funny.)
                              Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Aioli is mayo with **** in it.
                                Ooof. Never ever say that to our friends from Provencal.

Comment

Working...
                                X