Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

All condiment discussions can continue here.

Mustard - How awesome is it? Or would you rather breathe mustard gas than eat it again?

Mayo - Does it rock your world, or is its only purpose for pranking your college roommates? Perhaps you just think it's overrated/overused? Does it matter if it's one of the fancy Euro/Japanese mayos, or do they all taste like library paste to you?

Ketchup - Is it the "kiddie" condiment, useful only for making bland/soggy French fries edible? Or do you put it on everything like a godd@mned Canuck? Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

Relish - Sweet or dill? Neither? Do people outside of Chiraq still even buy this sh*t?

Hot sauce - How awful is Tabasco? Why is Cholula so much better? Or perhaps you liked "Rooster Sauce" before it was cool, and want to brag about that.

Ranch dressing - Are you from the South? Feel feel to tell us why this is the 6th food group.

Other - Horseradish (prepared or the kind mixed with mayo for roast beef sandwiches)? Russian dressing or Thousand Island (why is relish the only difference between these two)? Something else I'm forgetting?

Slather away!
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Re: Practice Safe Eating: Use a Condiment

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Mustard - How awesome is it? Or would you rather breathe mustard gas than eat it again?

Mayo - Does it rock your world, or is its only purpose for pranking your college roommates? Perhaps you just think it's overrated/overused? Does it matter if it's one of the fancy Euro/Japanese mayos, or do they all taste like library paste to you?

Ketchup - Is it the "kiddie" condiment, useful only for making bland/soggy French fries edible? Or do you put it on everything like a godd@mned Canuck? Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

Relish - Sweet or dill? Neither? Do people outside of Chiraq still even buy this sh*t?

Hot sauce - How awful is Tabasco? Why is Cholula so much better? Or perhaps you liked "Rooster Sauce" before it was cool, and want to brag about that.

Ranch dressing - Are you from the South? Feel feel to tell us why this is the 6th food group.

Other - Horseradish (prepared or the kind mixed with mayo for roast beef sandwiches)? Russian dressing or Thousand Island (why is relish the only difference between these two)? Something else I'm forgetting?

Slather away!
    Sucks, sucks, meh, sucks, awesome, sucks, sucks.

And before anyone says anything, guac sucks, too.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

If presented the opportunity, I will eat Bacon Bits straight out of the tube.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    If presented the opportunity, I will eat Bacon Bits straight out of the tube.
    I probably could say the same of Cheez Whiz. Which is the proper condiment on a Philly Cheesesteak sammich. Yep, I might have just lit a fuse.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Why would anyone eat anything that came out of a condim? That's why they're called condiments, right?

Most condiments are gross.

I am a condiment fiend. I refer to fries as KDDs - ketchup delivery devices. I keep a bottle of ketchup in my office for the rare occasions when I get a burger and fries to go from our cafeteria. My dad, my brother, and I once consumed an entire bottle of ketchup at Long John Silver's. When I throw a cookout with burgers and dogs, there are easily 20 bottles of condiments on the table. I've just recently started limiting myself to just one knife-ful of miracle whip when making my sandwiches, where knife-ful is defined as dropping overhanging globs on the counter only about half the time.

I'm having a hard time thinking of a condiment I dislike. Surely there is one, but I am drawing a blank.

You left out the king of condiments: Worcestershire.
    Last edited by LynahFan; 05-01-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Woostah-shire sauce....it's....meh. I don't think I've tried it enough to have a proper opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rube View Post
    Woostah-shire sauce....it's....meh. I don't think I've tried it enough to have a proper opinion on it.
    I've come around on it. It's weirdly popular in the particular pocket of nowhere, AK where I live, and I have learned to love it. I'm sure that in my life, I hadn't used a whole bottle of it. I'm up to about 3 bottles a year. Goes into a lot of my cooking.

Internet Nutcase
    Sucks, sucks, meh, sucks, awesome, sucks, sucks.

And before anyone says anything, guac sucks, too.
    I donít understand the hatred of guacamole. I love that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    I donít understand the hatred of guacamole. I love that ****.
    It's thick snot.

Internet Nutcase
    It's thick snot.
    Iíd eat it by the spoonful, I donít even need a taco or tortilla chip to put it on.
    I make my own guac all the time.

But I also eat a lot of avocados.
    Last edited by BassAle; 05-02-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    I’d eat it by the spoonful, I don’t even need a taco or tortilla chip to put it on.
    I make my own guac all the time.
    Same. I also sometimes put it on toast at breakfast to own the Boomers.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

He fixes the cable?
    Love mustard. Like hot sauce.

Something else I'm forgetting?
    Vinegar. I vastly prefer it to ketchup on fries.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

there's a good buck in that racket.

ketchup is on earth to mix with horseradish.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Vinegar. Its whats for dinner.

Banned

I never heard that word before neither, so I say Karate School.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q9nLge4vVQ

Lucia Apologist

Slather away!
    Yes

Ketchup
    Does it belong on a hot dog? (NOTE: Chicagoans, go take a chill pill and don't answer that last one)

I am the proud owner of a bottle of this just to **** off my true Chicagoan friends.

And as a native Michigander: Ketchup, Mustard, and Relish. Unless it's a Coney Dog, then its strictly Coney sauce and nothing else.

Also, Onions can die in a fire.

Only edible condiments are: mayo, horseradish, blue cheese, and rarely ranch dressing.

I dont consider things like russian dressing on a reuben as a condiment. Thats not an add on, its part of the base item.

Thread Information