Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    One has a greater impact than the other
    I agree. Once those potheads start pooling their donations to the Sanders campaign he'll have enough money to hire Vlady Putin to work for him instead of Trump!
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Because it is a flipping waste of time. Or its a conspiracy...cause that seems to be your go to.

This isnt a one issue candidacy for anyone but him (and Yang with UBI) so a one issue debate is stupid. Inslee will take the hardest stance, everyone else will kowtow to show how Green they are and nothing will change in the minds of the voters or on the agenda.

Or its a conspiracy...and Perez fears it so much he is screwing Inslee because...reasons?
    Easy enough for Inslee to raise the profile of the issue: host a townhall on it unaffiliated with the party. Don't make it a debate between candidates, make it a session to discuss the problem and possible solutions. Invite anybody to show up.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Easy enough for Inslee to raise the profile of the issue: host a townhall on it unaffiliated with the party. Don't make it a debate between candidates, make it a session to discuss the problem and possible solutions. Invite anybody to show up.
    Does msnbc offer up time for programming? Funny how cnn and fox do, as if their regularly schedule stuff will get (obviously) less viewers. Would think lib central should salivate to get this stuff on air

Yeah discussing the best way to combat something that's going to end our planet and bring it to the forefront is a waste of time lmfao. It's hilarious how hard people stan for people that clearly don't have their best interests in mind.

To beat Trump the candidate needs to do the following - as early as now, surely through the debates to earn the nomination and continued with debates against Orange Droolius:

1. Do not insult his base nor anyone that voted for him. You are only going to galvanize them and give them another reason for a one finger salute at the ballot box
    2. Explain how your policies are going to help more than hurt the non-one-percenters that voted for him

Trump didn't win because of his promises for the SC or because he wanted to lock up Hillary. He won because he convinced a great number of voters he was going to help them. Even though almost none of that has come to fruition, you still have a certain % of voters - those that will win or lose the election - that will hold their nose and vote D if you convince them but will surely go back to Trump if you spite them. You're not going to do get their vote by insulting them and certainly not by stating Trump should be in prison.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Everyone polling below Beto should be cut out of the debates. Call it a field.

Also, LOL at DeBlasio polling at 0%.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

The pollsters should start doing IRV. That would get people used to it and eventually we could use it in the elections themselves.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Everyone polling below Beto should be cut out of the debates. Call it a field.

Also, LOL at DeBlasio polling at 0%.
    Inslee, Booker, Bullock and Hickenlooper are serious candidates who just have zippo name recognition. You can't drop people from the debates before they've had any chance to sell themselves.

The solution is don't start the debates this far out. We're starting the playoffs before we even had a regular season.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

there's a good buck in that racket.

Seriously
    It is June 2019 and the election is nov 2020

Letís remember when Bobby was killed

The Dark One

Plenty of time to cull the herd. That should start in Iowa. If the candidates from the middle of the country don't win-place-show over there (Buttigieg, Klobachur, O'Rourke, etc) one would think they'll start to drop out.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

War Mongering Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Yeah discussing the best way to combat something that's going to end our planet and bring it to the forefront is a waste of time lmfao. It's hilarious how hard people stan for people that clearly don't have their best interests in mind.
    Oh my lord even Kepler is saying to do a townhall not a debate. You just have no idea how any of this works do you? You also have no idea how to actually read what people are saying in any sort of context. At least when Scooby does it that is a bit you really are this dense arent you?

I dont even know what your second sentence is trying to say because last I checked no Dem wants a "non-green" candidate. I mean I am sure you will find some weird way to twist it that we all do since none of us think Inslee has a shot in hell of winning but that is just you being you. I would expect nothing less from someone who uses the term "stan"

But just so you cant say I never said it (even though you will) Climate Change is a huge issue and needs to be part of the agenda. THAT DOESNT MEAN IT NEEDS ITS OWN DEBATE! Those things are not the same, and just because Perez agrees with that doesnt mean he fears it. It means at a debate you need more than just a single topic...especially since it will be a half hour of mostly agreement.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Inslee, Booker, Bullock and Hickenlooper are serious candidates who just have zippo name recognition. You can't drop people from the debates before they've had any chance to sell themselves.

The solution is don't start the debates this far out. We're starting the playoffs before we even had a regular season.
    Booker has been in the public eye since he was Mayor of Newark. It is ridiculous to pretend he hasnt had exposure. He is polling low because he brings nothing to the fight that others dont also have and often in better ways. And sorry Inslee, Bullock and Hickenlooper are NOT serious candidates. They are good candidates but they arent serious contenders. I doubt if any one of them finish in the Top 5. (anything below that they might as well not run let alone call them contenders)

Keep them around for agenda moving and later endorsement but that is it. I wouldnt even bet on them as a longshot with a great payout because it is like betting on the Lions to win the Super Bowl
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Booker has been in the public eye since he was Mayor of Newark. It is ridiculous to pretend he hasnt had exposure. He is polling low because he brings nothing to the fight that others dont also have and often in better ways. And sorry Inslee, Bullock and Hickenlooper are NOT serious candidates. They are good candidates but they arent serious contenders. I doubt if any one of them finish in the Top 5. (anything below that they might as well not run let alone call them contenders)

Keep them around for agenda moving and later endorsement but that is it. I wouldnt even bet on them as a longshot with a great payout because it is like betting on the Lions to win the Super Bowl
    I don't mean serious as necessarily being top contenders, I mean they are legitimate candidates who are at least attempting to win, unlike Williamson (selling products) or Yang (spreading an idea) or Tulsi (marketing Tulsi). They have the potential to be effective chief executives.

We shouldn't even be polling yet -- those numbers are meaningless.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

it is like betting on the Lions to win the Super Bowl
    Ridiculously low bar. Anyone polling higher than DeBlasio has better odds of winning it all than the Lions.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

Oh my lord even Kepler is saying to do a townhall not a debate. You just have no idea how any of this works do you? You also have no idea how to actually read what people are saying in any sort of context. At least when Scooby does it that is a bit you really are this dense arent you?

I dont even know what your second sentence is trying to say because last I checked no Dem wants a "non-green" candidate. I mean I am sure you will find some weird way to twist it that we all do since none of us think Inslee has a shot in hell of winning but that is just you being you. I would expect nothing less from someone who uses the term "stan"

But just so you cant say I never said it (even though you will) Climate Change is a huge issue and needs to be part of the agenda. THAT DOESNT MEAN IT NEEDS ITS OWN DEBATE! Those things are not the same, and just because Perez agrees with that doesnt mean he fears it. It means at a debate you need more than just a single topic...especially since it will be a half hour of mostly agreement.
    Inslee isnít even trying to win, heís a single issue candidate trying to advance a specific agenda. Most of the other (good on climate) candidates are for having this debate? What exactly is the downside to having it for the American public?

And we all know why itís not happening, Perez doesnít want to **** off the fossil fuel execs and reversed the rule about taking FF $$$. But yes please spin this as to us not needing this debate because of ~totally benevolent reasons~

Lucia Apologist

I don't mean serious as necessarily being top contenders, I mean they are legitimate candidates who are at least attempting to win, unlike Williamson (selling products) or Yang (spreading an idea) or Tulsi (marketing Tulsi). They have the potential to be effective chief executives.

Wanting to win became irrelevant in late fall 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Ridiculously low bar. Anyone polling higher than DeBlasio has better odds of winning it all than the Lions.

Polling is stupid at this point which is why I dont care who is winning. The only real value it has is it lets certain candidates know how far from relevant they are. Most of them probably know but still. Beto at 2% is probably scaring his staff quite a bit. Anyone below that doesnt need a poll in Iowa to tell them their prospects are slim RIGHT NOW. That could change tomorrow if something breaks right.

Inslee isnít even trying to win, heís a single issue candidate trying to advance a specific agenda. Most of the other (good on climate) candidates are for having this debate? What exactly is the downside to having it for the American public?

And we all know why itís not happening, Perez doesnít want to **** off the fossil fuel execs and reversed the rule about taking FF $$$. But yes please spin this as to us not needing this debate because of ~totally benevolent reasons~
    Right the conspiracy is alive!!! The truth is out there Mulder you just keep digging Must suck to be the lone voice of reason amongst the masses!!
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Ah yes, everyone who points out blatant well documented conflicts of interest is a conspiracy theorist.

The Dark One

Ah yes, everyone who points out blatant well documented conflicts of interest is a conspiracy theorist.
    Bob Gray just called. He'd like his martyr complex back please.

And please return his cross in its original condition.

Your schtick is getting lazy and nobody with a functioning brain actually buys it so you might want to fine tune

Thread Information