X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Dumb question here- are we sure Bernie bros would vote her out? Isn’t she the closest to Bernie?

Oh wait, a Facebook friend is a Bernie bro and you’re right, it’s bernie or a kamikaze death.
    I thought handy was saying they would vote for Warren...... out of everyone else. Not vote her out.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I thought handy was saying they would vote for Warren...... out of everyone else. Not vote her out.
      I couldn’t tell, and I can see either happening

Comment

Flip the sentence it is clearer. Out of the top choices the Bernie Bros would vote Warren.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Doesn't the entire "bro" part of the Bernie Bro pejorative imply they are closet sexists who wouldn't vote for a woman?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Doesn't the entire "bro" part of the Bernie Bro pejorative imply they are closet sexists who wouldn't vote for a woman?
            As a Sanders fan from 2016 I have never met a Bernie Bro and have a feeling they are basically a myth. I'm sure there are tens of as-sholes who fit the description because there are examples of everything in Life's Rich Pageant, but as an actual force I just don't buy it. I travel in Far Left circles, I know Sanders' people. They are appalling in their own way (many of them are leftover hippies which I frankly find pathetic on a personal level though I appreciate the ideological allegiance. Many others are hyperactive kids who have yet to learn things like perspective. Or Bathing.) but they are nothing like this conspiracy theory of crazed purists who are at the same time fevered sexists.

I know it's a wonderful centrist boogeyman, but I'm afraid it just isn't real.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-11-2019, 04:27 PM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Flip the sentence it is clearer. Out of the top choices the Bernie Bros would vote Warren.
              This is definitely my impression. Sanders and Warren are after the same thing: economic justice. Sanders has a Frankfurt School view of it; Warren has an Ivy Faculty view of it. But they're on the same scent. Nobody else in the Dem field has anything like their chops on the issue. They are naturally each other's second choice.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Yes but that's something the Hillary campaign and media completely fabricated for disingenuous purposes and there isn't much actual substance to the claim.

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                As a Sanders fan from 2016 I have never met a Bernie Bro and have a feeling they are basically a myth. I'm sure there are tens of as-sholes who fit the description because there are examples of everything in Life's Rich Pageant, but as an actual force I just don't buy it. I travel in Far Left circles, I know Sanders' people. They are appalling in their own way (many of them are leftover hippies which I fond frankly pathetic on a personal level though I appreciate the ideological allegiance. Many others are hyperactive kids who have yet to learn things like perspective. Or Bathing.) but they are nothing like this conspiracy theory of crazed purists who are at the same time fevered sexists.

I think there were probably bots doing that and possibly anti-establishment types/Republicans who voted in the dem primary. And when Hillary won they went back to mining bitcoins or whatever it is those types do.
                Last edited by trixR4kids; 06-11-2019, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Yes but that's something the Hillary campaign and media completely fabricated for disingenuous purposes and there isn't much actual substance to the claim.
                  It's almost as if they blamed everybody but themselves for ramming the most toxic candidate available through to the nomination.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                    I think there were probably bots doing that and possibly anti-establishment types/Republicans who voted in the dem primary. And when Hillary won they went back to mining bitcoins or whatever it is those types do.
                    That's entirely possible. The waves of "Bernie" supporters that Freeped polls and message boards definitely had that Russian accent to them. Much like the concern trolls now infesting every Democrat board and trying to get the circular firing squad started.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It's almost as if they blamed everybody but themselves for ramming the most toxic candidate available through to the nomination.
                      Almost???
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        That's entirely possible. The waves of "Bernie" supporters that Freeped polls and message boards definitely had that Russian accent to them.
                        Well maybe he befriended them all on his honeymoon over there.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Not all of them...most of them are just college grads with nothing to do and lots of opinions with zero context.
                          Last edited by Handyman; 06-11-2019, 04:20 PM.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

As a Sanders fan from 2016 I have never met a Bernie Bro and have a feeling they are basically a myth. I'm sure there are tens of as-sholes who fit the description because there are examples of everything in Life's Rich Pageant, but as an actual force I just don't buy it. I travel in Far Left circles, I know Sanders' people. They are appalling in their own way (many of them are leftover hippies which I fond frankly pathetic on a personal level though I appreciate the ideological allegiance. Many others are hyperactive kids who have yet to learn things like perspective. Or Bathing.) but they are nothing like this conspiracy theory of crazed purists who are at the same time fevered sexists.

Sure they are. You and trix are a hoot with your centrist conspiracy theories!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And its almost like you guys blamed everyone but yourself for not being able to beat said candidate. Bernie fans whined almost as bad as Trump about being screwed and some still do.

But that is different I am sure. It wasn't fair or something. Free Primaries and Caucasuses were never held and Bernie surely didn't lose most of them. DWS and her Hillary Loving fascists are to blame!!

You trying to get an editorial gig at Mother Jones or something
                              Last edited by Handyman; 06-11-2019, 04:22 PM.
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                And its almost like you guys blamed everyone but yourself for not being able to beat said candidate. Bernie fans whined almost as bad as Trump about being screwed and some still do.

But that is different I am sure. It wasn't fair or something. Free Primaries and Caucasuses were never held and Bernie surely didn't lose most of them. DWS and her Hillary Loving fascists are to blame!!

You trying to get an editorial gig at Mother Jones or something
                                Not having a fapping emoticon is inconvenient at times like this, so this will have to do.

But at least you're more tolerable than some of your fellow travelers.

The point is I hope nobody ever holds their breath and doesn't vote, ever again, unless they are righties.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X