Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    So you just assume that all the people in Outstate Minnesota are poor? Interesting...

I mean that is wrong but it makes sense coming from someone who doesnt know how taxes work.
    The 8 most affluent counties are in the twin cities. The 78 poorest counties are outstate. 100% correlation. About 60% of the state's millionaires live in Hennepin.

Youre blatantly wrong because your an idiot.
    Go Gophers!

Technologieberater FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

🍿

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    The rich are not the ones underpaying.
    He said from the tee at the country club, talking to his Republican friends, with whom he only disagrees on guns and gays (though he does wish they'd quiet down about it, and maybe seek Jesus).

The 8 most affluent counties are in the twin cities. The 78 poorest counties are outstate. 100% correlation. About 60% of the state's millionaires live in Hennepin.

*youíre

Says the person who didn't understand how progressive taxes work.

Also, how are you defining "affluent", where are you getting your numbers, and when did the "twin cities" start including exactly 8 counties? The metro has traditionally been defined by 7 counties and the statistical area includes 16 counties in MN and WI. It almost seems like you're starting with a conclusion and shaping definitions/statistics around it.
    Last edited by GrinCDXX; 05-06-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    *youíre x2
    Misspelling AND misuse in that post of his. Impressive.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

evidence
    I don't think you have a firm understanding of what that word means.

Correlation doesnít equal causation. Hereís my favorite website to explain this

https://tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Lucia Apologist

There is also an assload of money in the cabins of Outstate Minnesota. Oh, and then thereís commerce too. Take Hutchinson, MN. Home to the largest 3M plant in the world. Then thereís also the plant in Brookings, SD. How do the hundreds of millions of dollars in products that flow through the cities and these plants get to their final destinations? Companies like 3M are NOT going to be locating their largest plants in Minneapolis despite being based in the cities.

Without those Outstate communities and the roads that connect them, that would be a massive ding on income thatís probably registered to the cities.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    There is also an assload of money in the cabins of Outstate Minnesota. Oh, and then thereís commerce too. Take Hutchinson, MN. Home to the largest 3M plant in the world. Then thereís also the plant in Brookings, SD. How do the hundreds of millions of dollars in products that flow through the cities and these plants get to their final destinations? Companies like 3M are NOT going to be locating their largest plants in Minneapolis despite being based in the cities.

Without those Outstate communities and the roads that connect them, that would be a massive ding on income thatís probably registered to the cities.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Correlation doesn’t equal causation. Here’s my favorite website to explain this

https://tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations
    Pretty much this. I think it's safe to assume 5MN thinks himself rich. I'd be willing to guess those same counties also have the most crimes committed in them, therefore the rich (and 5MN) must be criminals. Lock him up!

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    Pretty much this. I think it's safe to assume 5MN thinks himself rich. I'd be willing to guess those same counties also have the most crimes committed in them, therefore the rich (and 5MN) must be criminals. Lock him up!
    Are you saying Nicholas cage appearing in more movies isnít causation for higher number of drownings??
    Thatís my favorite from that site

*youíre
    Believe me, I went there at first, but it's cheap. Especially when Handy also makes those sorts of typos on the regular.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Believe me, I went there at first, but it's cheap. Especially when Handy also makes those sorts of typos on the regular.
    It's normally cheap, but when someone's being a jackwagon about calling someone else an idiot, I'll allow it. (Not that anyone gives a shyte what I'll allow.)

How bizarre is it that the words "jack bag" are not allowable on the board if they are combined into a compound word.

jack bag ok
    ******* not ok

War Mongering Conservadem!

Says the guy who still can't explain how taxes work and thinks 394 is a war zone...keep swinging genius!

You do realize that just because a COUNTY is poor doesn't mean everyone that lives there is poor right?
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

War Mongering Conservadem!

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Says the person who didn't understand how progressive taxes work.

Also, how are you defining "affluent", where are you getting your numbers, and when did the "twin cities" start including exactly 8 counties? The metro has traditionally been defined by 7 counties and the statistical area includes 16 counties in MN and WI. It almost seems like you're starting with a conclusion and shaping definitions/statistics around it.
    This.

It isnt a typo...it is laziness. I know I am doing it I just dont care nor do I call anyone out for it. Others can though
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

I couldnít pass it up when itís done calling someone an idiot

If instead of saying, "rich" he had instead stated, "the greater concentration of total income and state income taxes paid?" would it change the narrative?

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    If instead of saying, "rich" he had instead stated, "the greater concentration of total income and state income taxes paid?" would it change the narrative?
    Yes, because it is really a case of cities supporting rural areas. I tried giving him that out and he doubled down that it is only rich people being screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    You need to go back to Scoobyís claim which presumably was about the GOP across the country and his response which included only one state and itís easy to see why his argument is laugh track worthy.

Thread Information