This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Look at it this way, if gives two opportunities to vote against trump. Register as independent and take a Republican ballot in the primary, vote weld. Assuming Weld does not win, vote for the democratic nominee in the general.

For welds second term in mass, independent voters went his way 9-1 or something along those lines.
    If you have a closed primary, no can do.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
      If you have a closed primary, no can do.
      True. Only applies in some states.

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Buttery Males would be a great name for a male revue targeting Republican women.

Though I guess most already do - can't quite imagine the womyn's studies crowd having the sense of humor (or gender preference)....
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          Buttery Males would be a great name for a male revue targeting Republican women.

Though I guess most already do - can't quite imagine the womyn's studies crowd having the sense of humor (or gender preference)....
          From my wife's gender studies friends I can tell you nobody has a better, more self-deprecating sense of humor about that stuff. They run circles around even our humor let alone the old, tired, sexist, deeply defensive jokes about them.

It's possible that the PhD candidates are funny and the undergrads aren't, but that's probably true in every field.
          Last edited by Kepler; 05-04-2019, 11:23 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            From my wife's gender studies friends I can tell you nobody has a better, more self-deprecating sense of humor about that stuff. They run circles around even our humor let alone the old, tired, sexist, deeply defensive jokes about them.

It's possible that the PhD candidates are funny and the undergrads aren't, but that's probably true in every field.
            Those have GOT to be the easiest classes on earth. Study genders
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Even easier than business school? Doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                It's like everything from Astrophysics to English Lit. Undergraduate is easy directly to the extent that you are smart because the material is finite and up to the department. Graduate school is difficult directly to the extent that you are smart because the material is infinite and up to you.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

glad joeb is listening and trying to come up with a nickname for tD

lets see if 'clown' has staying power
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The lack of awareness of how the GOP has starved the government to the point we don't have good transportation, or infrastructure is boggling. The fact that we cannot figure out how to pay for it while we have no problem handing buckets of cash to the rich is staggering.

The good news is when we elect the next pragmatist instead of a real mover and shaker we'll get nowhere all over again. This election is all about how GW wasn't so bad instead of what it needs to be about.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      The lack of awareness of how the GOP has starved the government to the point we don't have good transportation, or infrastructure is boggling. The fact that we cannot figure out how to pay for it while we have no problem handing buckets of cash to the rich is staggering.

The good news is when we elect the next pragmatist instead of a real mover and shaker we'll get nowhere all over again. This election is all about how GW wasn't so bad instead of what it needs to be about.
                      If you want to know where our roads and bridges went just look at the wealth of the top .01%

That was a very specific choice by the GOP and they fooled their voters into going along with it. And even after the fact those voters have not caught on.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        If you want to know where our roads and bridges went just look at the wealth of the top .01%

That was a very specific choice by the GOP and they fooled their voters into going along with it. And even after the fact those voters have not caught on.
                        My dad works as an exec for a construction firm that builds highways and it took him like 8+ years of Scott Walker not funding it to realize the guy is a fraud :facepalm:

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          My dad works as an exec for a construction firm that builds highways and it took him like 8+ years of Scott Walker not funding it to realize the guy is a fraud :facepalm:
                          I'm pretty sure the media and the masses are convinced this is a good economy. The problem is the government coffers are barren, and when the next recession hits were all ****ed. Now is the time to not only have a good economy but pay the bills and save for a rainy day. Instead, we did the opposite. Next downturn will make '08 look like a child's tea party.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            The rich are not the ones underpaying.

https://streets.mn/2015/01/14/map-of...hway-spending/
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

I don't think the coffers are barren per se but that's how the Republicans will portray it if they lose power. I'm fine with spending on smart things that improve the economy for the majority of the population but tax cuts that mostly benefit 1% of it clearly isn't accomplishing that. And the economy is better than it was in 2008 but most of the recovery didn't go to ordinary people and most of the jobs created during that time were either part time or contract work.
                              Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                              The rich are not the ones underpaying.

https://streets.mn/2015/01/14/map-of...hway-spending/
                              Pretty sure he's talking at the federal level and he's right.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                I don't think the coffers are barren per se but that's how the Republicans will portray it if they lose power. I'm fine with spending on smart things that improve the economy for the majority of the population but tax cuts that mostly benefit 1% of it clearly isn't accomplishing that. And the economy is better than it was in 2008 but most of the recovery didn't go to ordinary people and most of the jobs created during that time were either part time or contract work.
                                Oh, yes they are. Federally we have more deficit and more debt than ever before.

And there comes the pragmatist to tell us he still doesn't understand progressive taxation.

Comment

Working...
                                X