This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Everyone polling below Beto should be cut out of the debates. Call it a field.

Also, LOL at DeBlasio polling at 0%.

Comment

The pollsters should start doing IRV. That would get people used to it and eventually we could use it in the elections themselves.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Everyone polling below Beto should be cut out of the debates. Call it a field.

Also, LOL at DeBlasio polling at 0%.
        Inslee, Booker, Bullock and Hickenlooper are serious candidates who just have zippo name recognition. You can't drop people from the debates before they've had any chance to sell themselves.

The solution is don't start the debates this far out. We're starting the playoffs before we even had a regular season.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Seriously
          It is June 2019 and the election is nov 2020

Let’s remember when Bobby was killed
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Plenty of time to cull the herd. That should start in Iowa. If the candidates from the middle of the country don't win-place-show over there (Buttigieg, Klobachur, O'Rourke, etc) one would think they'll start to drop out.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
              Yeah discussing the best way to combat something that's going to end our planet and bring it to the forefront is a waste of time lmfao. It's hilarious how hard people stan for people that clearly don't have their best interests in mind.
              Oh my lord even Kepler is saying to do a townhall not a debate. You just have no idea how any of this works do you? You also have no idea how to actually read what people are saying in any sort of context. At least when Scooby does it that is a bit you really are this dense arent you?

I dont even know what your second sentence is trying to say because last I checked no Dem wants a "non-green" candidate. I mean I am sure you will find some weird way to twist it that we all do since none of us think Inslee has a shot in hell of winning but that is just you being you. I would expect nothing less from someone who uses the term "stan"

But just so you cant say I never said it (even though you will) Climate Change is a huge issue and needs to be part of the agenda. THAT DOESNT MEAN IT NEEDS ITS OWN DEBATE! Those things are not the same, and just because Perez agrees with that doesnt mean he fears it. It means at a debate you need more than just a single topic...especially since it will be a half hour of mostly agreement.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Inslee, Booker, Bullock and Hickenlooper are serious candidates who just have zippo name recognition. You can't drop people from the debates before they've had any chance to sell themselves.

The solution is don't start the debates this far out. We're starting the playoffs before we even had a regular season.
                Booker has been in the public eye since he was Mayor of Newark. It is ridiculous to pretend he hasnt had exposure. He is polling low because he brings nothing to the fight that others dont also have and often in better ways. And sorry Inslee, Bullock and Hickenlooper are NOT serious candidates. They are good candidates but they arent serious contenders. I doubt if any one of them finish in the Top 5. (anything below that they might as well not run let alone call them contenders)

Keep them around for agenda moving and later endorsement but that is it. I wouldnt even bet on them as a longshot with a great payout because it is like betting on the Lions to win the Super Bowl
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Booker has been in the public eye since he was Mayor of Newark. It is ridiculous to pretend he hasnt had exposure. He is polling low because he brings nothing to the fight that others dont also have and often in better ways. And sorry Inslee, Bullock and Hickenlooper are NOT serious candidates. They are good candidates but they arent serious contenders. I doubt if any one of them finish in the Top 5. (anything below that they might as well not run let alone call them contenders)

Keep them around for agenda moving and later endorsement but that is it. I wouldnt even bet on them as a longshot with a great payout because it is like betting on the Lions to win the Super Bowl
                  I don't mean serious as necessarily being top contenders, I mean they are legitimate candidates who are at least attempting to win, unlike Williamson (selling products) or Yang (spreading an idea) or Tulsi (marketing Tulsi). They have the potential to be effective chief executives.

We shouldn't even be polling yet -- those numbers are meaningless.
                  Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    it is like betting on the Lions to win the Super Bowl
                    Ridiculously low bar. Anyone polling higher than DeBlasio has better odds of winning it all than the Lions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Oh my lord even Kepler is saying to do a townhall not a debate. You just have no idea how any of this works do you? You also have no idea how to actually read what people are saying in any sort of context. At least when Scooby does it that is a bit you really are this dense arent you?

I dont even know what your second sentence is trying to say because last I checked no Dem wants a "non-green" candidate. I mean I am sure you will find some weird way to twist it that we all do since none of us think Inslee has a shot in hell of winning but that is just you being you. I would expect nothing less from someone who uses the term "stan"

But just so you cant say I never said it (even though you will) Climate Change is a huge issue and needs to be part of the agenda. THAT DOESNT MEAN IT NEEDS ITS OWN DEBATE! Those things are not the same, and just because Perez agrees with that doesnt mean he fears it. It means at a debate you need more than just a single topic...especially since it will be a half hour of mostly agreement.
                      Inslee isn’t even trying to win, he’s a single issue candidate trying to advance a specific agenda. Most of the other (good on climate) candidates are for having this debate? What exactly is the downside to having it for the American public?

And we all know why it’s not happening, Perez doesn’t want to **** off the fossil fuel execs and reversed the rule about taking FF $$$. But yes please spin this as to us not needing this debate because of ~totally benevolent reasons~

Comment

I don't mean serious as necessarily being top contenders, I mean they are legitimate candidates who are at least attempting to win, unlike Williamson (selling products) or Yang (spreading an idea) or Tulsi (marketing Tulsi). They have the potential to be effective chief executives.

Wanting to win became irrelevant in late fall 2016.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Ridiculously low bar. Anyone polling higher than DeBlasio has better odds of winning it all than the Lions.

Polling is stupid at this point which is why I dont care who is winning. The only real value it has is it lets certain candidates know how far from relevant they are. Most of them probably know but still. Beto at 2% is probably scaring his staff quite a bit. Anyone below that doesnt need a poll in Iowa to tell them their prospects are slim RIGHT NOW. That could change tomorrow if something breaks right.

Inslee isn’t even trying to win, he’s a single issue candidate trying to advance a specific agenda. Most of the other (good on climate) candidates are for having this debate? What exactly is the downside to having it for the American public?

And we all know why it’s not happening, Perez doesn’t want to **** off the fossil fuel execs and reversed the rule about taking FF $$$. But yes please spin this as to us not needing this debate because of ~totally benevolent reasons~
                          Right the conspiracy is alive!!! The truth is out there Mulder you just keep digging Must suck to be the lone voice of reason amongst the masses!!
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ah yes, everyone who points out blatant well documented conflicts of interest is a conspiracy theorist.

Comment

Ah yes, everyone who points out blatant well documented conflicts of interest is a conspiracy theorist.
                              Bob Gray just called. He'd like his martyr complex back please.

And please return his cross in its original condition.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Your schtick is getting lazy and nobody with a functioning brain actually buys it so you might want to fine tune

Comment

Working...
                                X