X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    The problem is you recognize the relative but still deal in absolutes. Just because the Dems have been found to have drawn partisan maps in Maryland does not make it equal to the nationwide gerrymandering orchestrated by republicans in 2010 and their continued fight to strip the VRA down to nothing while making it harder for the poor, minorities, youth, and elderly to vote.
    Well his post was in reply to Kepler's post saying the right is more racist, misogynistic, and evil. I read that as the far right (actual politicians and supporters) and not necessarily your average republican voter, in which case I agree because it's pretty well documented and there's stats/policies to back that assertion. The abortion laws they've passed in a number of states are incredibly misogynistic and hurt poor people the most. The far right commits more terrorist acts than fanatical Muslims much less the "far left", not to mention they're doing it in support of a white ethno-state and racial purity which is the most ****ed up reasoning ever, they're definitely more evil and racist in that sense.

Which either leads me to believe that he's doing more low effort trolling or he's incredibly stupid and incapable of doing basic research outside of listening to whatever nonsense right wing sources.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Well his post was in reply to Kepler's post saying the right is more racist, misogynistic, and evil. I read that as the far right (actual politicians and supporters) and not necessarily your average republican voter, in which case I agree because it's pretty well documented and there's stats/policies to back that assertion. The abortion laws they've passed in a number of states are incredibly misogynistic and hurt poor people the most. The far right commits more terrorist acts than fanatical Muslims much less the "far left", not to mention they're doing it in support of a white ethno-state and racial purity which is the most ****ed up reasoning ever, they're definitely more evil and racist in that sense.

Which either leads me to believe that he's doing more low effort trolling or he's incredibly stupid and incapable of doing basic research outside of listening to whatever nonsense right wing sources.
      Kep said that both sides have prejudices, the left is less rabid on that front. I agreed on that point, and said the rabid left (as for attacking the other side in general) is just as rabid as the right.

And the echo chamber pounced on me. Hilarious. A few phrases come to mind when talking with the rufus', Scoobys, trix', and jerpsichs of the world: blinded by the light, but it's different in this case, etc etc.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
        I hate it when I believe Onion articles and then notice where they're from.
        I had to reread it twice and then saw where it was from.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Hickenlooper has no clue. None. JFC. (watching on CNN right now)
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Another reason Tom Perez was a terrible choice? He made the decision to ban climate change from the dem debate.
            Way to go, Tom.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              Hickenlooper has no clue. None. JFC. (watching on CNN right now)
              Was it a re-run of his earlier CNN town Hall or a second one?

I’ve been watching them on-demand and the one I saw I agree he didn’t do so well.

Of the ones I’ve watched, I thought Moulton did really well.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Was it a re-run of his earlier CNN town Hall or a second one?

I’ve been watching them on-demand and the one I saw I agree he didn’t do so well.

Of the ones I’ve watched, I thought Moulton did really well.
                I think it was live? He was clueless to how little chance he had.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Another reason Tom Perez was a terrible choice? He made the decision to ban climate change from the dem debate.
                  Way to go, Tom.
                  Here’s the thing. I don’t think climate change is going to win the election. It’s a great thing to have on the platform, but to beat trump you’re going to have to convince the moronic sliver of the electorate that somehow considers themselves “independents”. As if there’s such a thing anymore. Honestly it’s just republicans who are too embarrassed to vote for the GOPand they’re having seller’s remorse.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    Here’s the thing. I don’t think climate change is going to win the election. It’s a great thing to have on the platform, but to beat trump you’re going to have to convince the moronic sliver of the electorate that somehow considers themselves “independents”. As if there’s such a thing anymore. Honestly it’s just republicans who are too embarrassed to vote for the GOPand they’re having seller’s remorse.
                    Actually in my state of Massachusetts , the majority (or at least plurality) of the electorate is registered as unenrolled / independent. (Although many certainly lean blue).

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      To ban it from debates is dumb.

Comment

I researched this climate change debate story because it didn't make any sense. What actually happened if I'm reading this correctly is that Inslee wanted a debate focused solely in climate change. The DNC said no, because all the debates are focused on multiple topics, not one in particular. I've seen nothing that says climate change is banned as a topic in any debate. If you give a Inslee climate change debate, then you need to give Bernie income inequality, etc etc. The jury's still out on Perez but that seems reasonable to me. Unfortunately that didn't stop people from running with a disinformation campaign.
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          I researched this climate change debate story because it didn't make any sense. What actually happened if I'm reading this correctly is that Inslee wanted a debate focused solely in climate change. The DNC said no, because all the debates are focused on multiple topics, not one in particular. I've seen nothing that says climate change is banned as a topic in any debate. If you give a Inslee climate change debate, then you need to give Bernie income inequality, etc etc. The jury's still out on Perez but that seems reasonable to me. Unfortunately that didn't stop people from running with a disinformation campaign.
                          Wasn’t cause D take $$$ from ford and Exxon too?
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Huh, that wasn’t what I read but I can’t find the source. Not having an entire debate dedicated to it makes sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Huh, that wasn’t what I read but I can’t find the source. Not having an entire debate dedicated to it makes sense
                              Dunno.
                              Easy to lose viewers...
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                Dunno.
                                Easy to lose viewers...
                                Still, nothing Perez has done so far is giving me a ton of confidence

Comment

Working...
                                X