This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

It seemed obvious to me that when Ilhan was challenging the priorities of Members sucking up to AIPAC she was challenging them as AIPAC, not as Jews.

American Jews are fine.

Israeli Jews are irrelevant.

AIPAC is a pressure group and like any pressure group is either useful or not depending on whether it coincides with US interests. To the extent it hides behind accusations of anti-semiticism as a human shield it can go f-ck itself right in its Gaza strip.
    Last edited by Kepler; 06-12-2019, 01:37 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

She never said similar things about Jews. Find one quote where she said anything anti-semitic, I'll wait, I've been waiting for months actually since you keep bringing this up and then dodging the part where you actually need to bring factual evidence to the conversation.

And there's literally no reason to preface with "as an American" when everybody knows full well that you're an American. At best it was a dumb comment that wasn't intended to be bigoted but we all know intent only matters so much in that context.

Comment

Meanwhile, back to the actual race: https://politicalwire.com/2019/06/12...ead-in-nevada/

I like the trajectory of Lizzy's campaign. Not only does she have by far the most thoughtful platform out there with a plan for..well, everything. But she's establishing herself as the alternative if/when Uncle Joe stumbles. Nevada will be driven in large part by whether or not Harry Reid puts his turnout machine behind one particular candidate, but if he stays out of it and Bernie rightfully drops out Warren + Sanders support in this poll starts nipping at Biden's heels.
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          It seemed obvious to me that when Ilhan was challenging the priorities of Members sucking up to AIPAC she was challenging them as AIPAC, not as Jews.

American Jews are fine.

Israeli Jews are irrelevant.

AIPAC is a pressure group and like any pressure group is either useful or not depending on whether it coincides with US interests. To the extent it hides behind accusations of anti-semiticism as a human shield it can go f-ck itself right in its Gaza strip.
          This is months old.... why still being discussed?
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRzsUVXXMyE
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Ask the guy who keeps falsely labeling Ilhan an anti-semite against all possible evidence.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  She never said similar things about Jews. Find one quote where she said anything anti-semitic, I'll wait, I've been waiting for months actually since you keep bringing this up and then dodging the part where you actually need to bring factual evidence to the conversation.

And there's literally no reason to preface with "as an American" when everybody knows full well that you're an American. At best it was a dumb comment that wasn't intended to be bigoted but we all know intent only matters so much in that context.
                  So Chelsea is Anti Muslim because she called herself an American...sure thing jellybean.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Ask the guy who keeps falsely labeling Ilhan an anti-semite against all possible evidence.
                    One day son you will learn to read. I SAID I DON'T BELIEVE SHE IS AN ANTISEMITE! This isn't hard man letters form words, words form sentences, sentences convey thoughts and thoughts explain things.

But here let me break it down for you...neither are racist. (neither was Politico) Only one of us is labeling and it ain't me it is you.

Now back to the polls and who is winning.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      Meanwhile, back to the actual race: https://politicalwire.com/2019/06/12...ead-in-nevada/

I like the trajectory of Lizzy's campaign. Not only does she have by far the most thoughtful platform out there with a plan for..well, everything. But she's establishing herself as the alternative if/when Uncle Joe stumbles. Nevada will be driven in large part by whether or not Harry Reid puts his turnout machine behind one particular candidate, but if he stays out of it and Bernie rightfully drops out Warren + Sanders support in this poll starts nipping at Biden's heels.
                      Warren is doing better than I expected to be sure. Makes me happy
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        So Chelsea is Anti Muslim because she called herself an American...sure thing jellybean.
                        Who on earth doesn’t think chelsea is an American and why the need to preface it that way? I’ll wait...

And yes you’ve constantly referred to Ilhan’s “antisemitic” tweets so don’t try and change the narrative after you’re asked for proof knowing full well you don’t have it.

Comment

Also Nate Silver is laughably bad as a political pundit.
                          His track record is miles ahead of yours, sparky.

Comment

• “Bernie is old!”
                            “Oh my god what amazing analysis!”

Comment

Our Dead President with some insight on 2020 & possibly 2024

@dick_nixon: Yes, the Democrats mostly care about who can win. That gets them up in the morning. But let's be honest with ourselves: who hits the ground running for Biden?

@dick_nixon: "Me," you might say, if the choice is between Biden and Trump. But precisely the problem with the Clinton campaign is a lot of people felt there was no positive motivating factor in it.

@dick_nixon: Hell, at least Clinton had women coming out on principle.

@dick_nixon: I understand the thought of a tourniquet is appealing. But say Biden squeaks through. You get four years of gridlock if you're lucky, some executive orders, "summits." Then a full-fledged Tea Party of the left and Tom Cotton in '24.

@dick_nixon: This isn't opinion and it's not a threat. This will happen.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Who on earth doesn’t think chelsea is an American and why the need to preface it that way? I’ll wait...
                                KEPLER!!! That was an easy one!
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X