X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democrat Challengers Part II: There Can Be Only One

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    And the problem the Democrats have is they cant talk to people. Period end of story. You know why the Blue Collar Workers vote against their interests...because Democrats dont know how to explain to them that is against their interest. (I cant believe I am saying this but) mookie is right. If you cant tell people how what you are doing affects them in terms they will understand they arent going to magically decide to vote for you. They dont even care if you are lying to them they just want to be spoken to.

The fact that 90% of the crap the Dems are on TV for is Trump related really kills them. Get back tot he issues and for God's sakes hire someone who knows how to frame an issue correctly.
    If this isn't an advertisement for how awful our education system is in America I don't know what is.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      You act like this stuff all happens in a bubble where the establishment isn't throwing truck loads of money at ****ty conservadems while blacklisting progressive candidates lmao. Or in some cases the DCCC literally told more progressive candidates who ended up winning their primary to drop out altogether while having big wigs from the party give paid speeches for the establishment's pick. Despite all evidence that most dems in this country based on polls are to the left of their representatives.

And then you go "yEaH bUt tHe pRoG cAnDiDaTe dIdN't wIn sTaTewIde" lmfao. And the Justice Democrat/Our Revolution candidates I want to say won 33% of their primaries with maybe 1/100 of the funding going mostly against incumbents who have a built in advantage? So **** off with your disingenuous bull**** that the average high schooler could see through.
      So, the answer then is "no". You can't name a trix approved progressive who's won statewide in a swing or red state? Because of some conspiracy which apparently takes away the free will of the progressive candidates and voters? But, NEXT YEAR WILL BE THE YEAR, DA MMIT!!!
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

It's not a conspiracy when you have people on tape like Steny Hoyer literally telling someone they're not the preferred candidate and that they should drop out. The difference in funding from the DCCC is well documented. Nobody is fooled by your moronic schtick lol.

I mean yeah, Lipinski beat his challenger by 2000 votes with the full weight of the party behind him and a huge monetary advantage. You're not gonna convince me that if the roles were reversed the pro-choice woman who's an objectively better candidate couldn't have gained an extra 2000 votes.
        Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-24-2019, 10:39 AM.

Comment

It's not a conspiracy when you have people on tape like Steny Hoyer literally telling someone they're not the preferred candidate and that they should drop out. The difference in funding from the DCCC is well documented. Nobody is fooled by your moronic schtick lol.
          There's no way out of this box. The history of Obamacare proves it. Hell, the guy with the "Keep The Government Out of My Medicare" sign proves it. It's hopeless.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yeah it still is a conspiracy. Look up what the word means. (you are thinking Conspiracy Theory)

And your schtick is no better than his. In fact you are just the Uber Left version of him. It is funny the amount of projecting you both do against each other

You can blame the DCCC all you want, and they deserve plenty of it, but the truth is it doesnt matter how much farther left the voters may be going they have to like the candidate as well. The problem with many of the top level Progs is they might appeal to a group or two but the Party is more than just a few groups. If half your platform is railing against the "others" some of whom are part of your voting block you are going to have a problem winning the bigger the scale gets. And like it or not that is what the Progressives sound like to many people a lot of the time. They lack any sense of Pragmatism...

If you want to change things you need to do so from the inside. If you want to get inside you have to win. Otherwise you just stand outside the party saying how unfair everything is but at least you did your best.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              If this isn't an advertisement for how awful our education system is in America I don't know what is.
              It's not.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                It's not.

Thanks
                “The Democratic Party has lost its voice to speak to people that shower after work and not before work,” he said. “All we’re saying is he won’t turn over his tax returns. He’s saying, ‘I’m fighting China to get you better jobs.’”
                Oh,yes it is. ****ing morons all around. Clinton used the wrong word. It's not "deplorables". It's idiots. Idiocracy has come to America.

Comment

And the problem the Democrats have is they cant talk to people.
                  The problem is Democrats can't talk to people who didn't go to college.

That's a serious problem, but let's please not pretend that the uneducated are more "real" than the educated. That's as wrongheaded as the assumption that rural people are more "real" than urban people.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's no way out of this box. The history of Obamacare proves it. Hell, the guy with the "Keep The Government Out of My Medicare" sign proves it. It's hopeless.
                    Then who cares? According to you, trix and Susan Sarandan it is a loss if we are "stuck" with a Democrat anywhere near the middle so screw it lets just quit and enjoy the ride. Hell trix has said it will lead to an even worse fascist style Trumper in the future! Why put in all this effort if the game is already over. Just put in the scrubs and take a knee.

You dont fight a war in one battle, you win one battle and get to the next one.

Rover may be a raving loonbat when he is on a roll but his message isnt that far off. Right now the goal is to get Trump out. Anyone on our side (even Tulsi Gabbard) is better than this guy. The Dems have to win. Once they do that then you worry about the other stuff. Whatever it takes to beat him...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's a serious problem, but let's please not pretend that the uneducated are more "real" than the educated. That's as wrongheaded as the assumption that rural people are more "real" than urban people.
                      My High School Education covers whatever I need to know to read and vote intelligently. My college education has nothing to do with it.

Comment

Oh,yes it is. ****ing morons all around. Clinton used the wrong word. It's not "deplorables". It's idiots. Idiocracy has come to America.
                        "Come to"?
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Then who cares? According to you, trix and Susan Sarandan it is a loss if we are "stuck" with a Democrat anywhere near the middle so screw it lets just quit and enjoy the ride. Hell trix has said it will lead to an even worse fascist style Trumper in the future! Why put in all this effort if the game is already over. Just put in the scrubs and take a knee.

Rover may be a raving loonbat when he is on a roll but his message isnt that far off. Right now the goal is to get Trump out. Anyone on our side (even Tulsi Gabbard) is better than this guy. The Dems have to win. Once they do that then you worry about the other stuff. Whatever it takes to beat him...
                          Like I posted before. That's what the Obama election was for. Now we've lost another 12 years cause Obama didn't fix the problems and Trump is just making it worse. Lose another 12 years and there won't be a planet left.

Comment

I guess if people think endless war, giving handouts to the financial industry, Saudi Arabia, the military industrial complex, and billionaires, locking children up in cages at the border and being slightly less regressive on immigration than Dump, passing on good popular legislation like M4A in favor of means tested medicare for some with copays and deductibles, no real plan on climate change, being racist and on the wrong side of history on nearly every issue like Biden, and all the other BS the conservadems support is pragmatic, then sure, that's why they're winning. Not the fact that one group is looking for loose change in the sofa for donations and the other is getting millions from fossil fuel, Wall St., and healthcare execs whose sole goal is to have politicians look the other way on every single problem that makes our economy, climate, and healthcare system completely unsustainable.

If you want to change things you need to do so from the inside. If you want to get inside you have to win.
                            Yes, the insiders like Pelosi who literally told a black person "All lives matter", that medicare for all isn't as good as ACA, and is currently waffling on starting the impeachment process of a president with a 38% approval rating who is blatantly obstructing justice.

Originally posted by Handyman
                            Hell trix has said it will lead to an even worse fascist style Trumper in the future! Why put in all this effort if the game is already over. Just put in the scrubs and take a knee.

*History repeats itself*

"Gee IDK guys I think it's the dumb voters again!"
                            Last edited by trixR4kids; 05-24-2019, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

No one said they are. And sorry but that is a classic projection because the only ones pretending people are "more" real are people like you. That is half your schtick around here (and it is how many of the Dems sound when they speak in public)

Everyone is real, the sooner the Dems realize that the sooner they will start winning again. Instead of telling everyone they are stupid, figure out a way to help them understand. Be a teacher...not a guest lecturer.

Look I think people are stupid too...but if I was running for office tomorrow I wouldnt make it seem like half my platform is "hey your beliefs are stupid vote for me I am smart".
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Anyone who thinks a city like Youngstown isn't dead in the water and that people don't need to move on from there or die already, is a moron. Those. Jobs. Are. Not. Coming. Back.

Comment

Working...
                                X