Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Minnesota State Offseason Thread 2019

Re: Minnesota State Offseason Thread 2019

Quote Originally Posted by MAVS21 View Post
    I just saw the updated roster lost Bigelbach and Zak Galambos. Also curious as to why Brendan Furry isn’t listed on the Roster. Anyone have any insight?
    A little sad, but not surprising. New people coming in, and no defensemen leaving, is bad news for guys who essentially didn't play last year (Zero games for Bigelbach and 4 for Zalambos). Not sure on Furry, but he just turned 21, so he can't go back to the USHL.

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    FWIW, MSU has been transparent with the other 6 league members of the new conference that it will leave for the NCHC if asked. Sounds like Miami would be the team that would “swap” with MSU in the new league — doesn’t sound like anything too imminent, but the new conference was the first step towards joining the NCHC — it eliminates Miami having to travel to AK or AL, and gets them back to a primarily Great Lakes conference.
    If this new league imposed stiff exit fees like the NCHC did, that would make it far more difficult for MSU to leave. As for “trading” for Miami or Western Michigan, that’s nothing more than fan speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    If this new league imposed stiff exit fees like the NCHC did, that would make it far more difficult for MSU to leave. As for “trading” for Miami or Western Michigan, that’s nothing more than fan speculation.
    I’m just passing along information from the most trusted source I have within the program. WMU and particularly Andy Murray don’t want to leave the NCHC and enjoy being a member of the conference.

I can tell you Chris Bergeron would prefer to get Miami into the WCHA for part of the reasons I mentioned, but getting administration on board is a hurdle (as it was for Blasi as well).

Ultimately, the conversation I had led me to believe that the NCHC would stay at 8 teams, and if the Mavs get the invitation, it would be in a scenario Miami leaves, not at addition to 9 or 10 NCHC teams.

Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN

Quote Originally Posted by MAVS21 View Post
    I just saw the updated roster lost Bigelbach and Zak Galambos. Also curious as to why Brendan Furry isn’t listed on the Roster. Anyone have any insight?
    Any word on Israelsson?
    Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Any word on Israelsson?
    Isn't his eligibility burnt up?

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    If there is a sizable exit penalty, I wouldn't expect MSU to join the new Mercury 7.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Isn't his eligibility burnt up?
    We all thought that at the start of last year, but in the player intro video, he called himself a junior.

Quote Originally Posted by Bale View Post
    Any word on Israelsson?
    He’s playing in Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    If there is a sizable exit penalty, I wouldn't expect MSU to join the new Mercury 7.
    Which is why MSU has been transparent with their long term goal or what they’d do if the NCHC asked them to join.

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Which is why MSU has been transparent with their long term goal or what they’d do if the NCHC asked them to join.
    Personally I think it would make much more sense for these 7 to join with NCHC and create 1 conference with a great lakes and Western conf. That would eliminate 1 auto bid and for some NCHC teams on the bubble that would be appealing. But at this point who knows. I think the 7 team league is a good move although I really don't like doing to UAA, UAF and UAH what the NCHC did to us. We shall see what they do with name and logo, scheduling too. Im not sure on the rules but will the smaller conference allow for more non conference games?
    All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Thread Information