X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Everyone assumes dump cannot be convicted in the Senate, even if the House votes to impeach. Do Dem proponents think that getting the facts out there in a very public Senate trial will do enough harm to defeat him in '20, even though the end result will be a finding that he did not commit high crimes and misdemeanors--something dump will claim as exoneration, as he did with the Mueller report? Is that the risk/reward analysis that is going on with Dem representatives, or are there other more important considerations?
    I say, "D@mn the torpedoes".

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      The main consideration is trying not to light a fire under the Dumpies by holding their Precious accountable. As if anything we do will affect the squealing of Dump or his zombies.
      So this issue also boils down to voter turnout in '20?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        Everyone assumes dump cannot be convicted in the Senate, even if the House votes to impeach. Do Dem proponents think that getting the facts out there in a very public Senate trial will do enough harm to defeat him in '20, even though the end result will be a finding that he did not commit high crimes and misdemeanors--something dump will claim as exoneration, as he did with the Mueller report? Is that the risk/reward analysis that is going on with Dem representatives, or are there other more important considerations?
        I don't care if they don't vote to convict. If what he has done doesn't warrant impeachment, then what does? What does this say to future holders of the office, that they can do anything without penalty or recourse. It's about upholding our laws, and our Constitution.

If Repubs refuse to do what's right, if they stick by him despite the evidence against him that would be sure to come out, then use that against them in the future.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          I don't care if they don't vote to convict. If what he has done doesn't warrant impeachment, then what does? What does this say to future holders of the office, that they can do anything without penalty or recourse. It's about upholding our laws, and our Constitution.

If Repubs refuse to do what's right, if they stick by him despite the evidence against him that would be sure to come out, then use that against them in the future.
          It definitely warrants impeachment, however the length of time it would take to do all that, vs when the next election is, plus the blowback on said hearings...Dems don't want to ruin ANY chance of winning the next election, and I don't blame them. A majority of the country thinks impeachment is warranted...however, the possible cost of that makes it not worth it.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
            It definitely warrants impeachment, however the length of time it would take to do all that, vs when the next election is, plus the blowback on said hearings...Dems don't want to ruin ANY chance of winning the next election, and I don't blame them. A majority of the country thinks impeachment is warranted...however, the possible cost of that makes it not worth it.
            What, it pizzes off the 35% of the country that's gonna vote for Trump anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              It's not the 35% anyone is worried about. It's the 15-20% that swung the last election.....

Edit: I shall repeat what I've said in the past. Forget the MAGAs. The Dems need to get the Anti-Hillarys back on their side.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                It's not the 35% anyone is worried about. It's the 15-20% that swung the last election.....
                Keep playing to the coasts and it's going to repeat itself.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

It's who is pizzed off or motivated enough to go vote.

I think.

Comment

How has John Goodman not played Barr yet on SNL?

Comment

Guy who doesn't understand military service wants to ruin military service.

President Trump said Monday he is considering a new policy that would allow athletes from military service academies to play professional sports before serving time in the military.

Such a move would change current Pentagon policy, which allows athletes to obtain a waiver to play pro sports after serving two years on active duty. Trump said the wait is a “long time” and that cutting it would “make recruiting a little bit easier” for service academy sports programs.

“I'm going to look at doing a waiver for service-academy athletes who can get into the major leagues, like the NFL, hockey, baseball,” Trump said during a Rose Garden ceremony awarding the Commander-in-Chief’s Trophy to the U.S. Military Academy. “And they'll serve their time after they're finished with professional sports.”
                      Good, my biggest worry is the athletics recruiting at the service academies. That's of immense importance.

And even smarter, have them complete their military service after they play, when age and repeatedly physical battering have withered their physical abilities. Not when they're, you know, 21 and in their best shape.

Jesus ****ing Christ what an idiot.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post

Edit: I shall repeat what I've said in the past. Forget the MAGAs. The Dems need to get the Anti-Hillarys back on their side.
                        They took their flier. by all reports, they're regretting it now.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                          Guy who doesn't understand military service wants to ruin military service.

Good, my biggest worry is the athletics recruiting at the service academies. That's of immense importance.

And even smarter, have them complete their military service after they play, when age and repeatedly physical battering have withered their physical abilities. Not when they're, you know, 21 and in their best shape.

Jesus ****ing Christ what an idiot.
                          Especially weird coming from someone that thinks humans have a finite amount of energy stored in their body.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Haha omg

Comment

Mnuchin says he won’t turn over tax returns, setting up a court battle. Good thing dump had the court on his side

Comment

Working...
                                X