X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: POTUS 45:52: Not Founded On Anything

Originally posted by rufus View Post
    But our institutions will save us from his worst impulses. Find comfort in that fact.
    So, effectively, "the swamp" (entrenched bureaucracy) that Trump claims to want to "drain" is getting even more bold and powerful under Trump.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      So, effectively, "the swamp" (entrenched bureaucracy) that Trump claims to want to "drain" is getting even more bold and powerful under Trump.
      You have no idea what the swamp is, do you?

Nor sarcasm
      Last edited by rufus; 04-23-2019, 11:51 AM.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

You have no idea what the swamp is, do you?
        I'm pretty sure I know Trump's meaning when he says it, as he's said as much, namely, the entrenched bureaucracy and bureaucrats of DC.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I'm pretty sure I know Trump's meaning when he says it, as he's said as much, namely, the entrenched bureaucracy and bureaucrats of DC.
          In other words the subject matter experts who actually know sh-t. The technicians who makes things run and fix them when the pols break them. The brains of the machine.

If given the choice of a government of politicals without careerists or careerists without politicals I know which one I'm choosing.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Nor sarcasm
            Oh, I can't fathom what sarcasm is ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              In other words the subject matter experts who actually know sh-t. The technicians who makes things run and fix them when the pols break them. The brains of the machine.

If given the choice of a government of politicals without careerists or careerists without politicals I know which one I'm choosing.
              I don't disagree; however, the problem is the political careerists, the career ideologues.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Oh, I can't fathom what sarcasm is ...
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAw2c25eG_o
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's like those **** doctors that are medical careerists. C'mon buddy, devoted your whole life to gaining expert knowledge in your field and wanting to apply, what's your game there?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    It's like those **** doctors that are medical careerists. C'mon buddy, devoted your whole life to gaining expert knowledge in your field and wanting to apply, what's your game there?
                    Can they separate objective fact from political biases? And can they separate set their biases aside and act on fact only.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I don't disagree; however, the problem is the political careerists, the career ideologues.
                      That used to be the problem.

Comment

You've conflating terms. There are two types of people in the bureacracy: the careers who do everything and the politicals who are appointed by the President and who take all the credit.

The careers are worker bees. Like everywhere else, there are good ones and bad ones. The good ones are as good as anywhere in the private sector. They do all the work. The make everything run. They fix everything when it breaks.

The politicals are... well, they're political. Sometimes you get somebody who was career and is willing to go political but usually they are the BMOC dullard type who waves his arms around and acts like he's knows what he's doing, projects confidence, harrumpfs, and generally postures. At his best he's an advocate for his department during budgeting. Basically, he's a CEO: probably a pinhead but perhaps just barely enough on the ball not to get in the way.

Now enter politicians. They promise everything. They're sales. Then put politicals in place as their overseers to pass their edicts to the careers. And then the careers tell them why what they promised is (1) impossible, (2) dumb, (3) actually counter-productive to what they say their values are. The politicals get harrumpfy rumpfy about this and say things like "'no ' isn't in my dictionary," to which the careers say "yeah, I can believe that, you do seem stupid." The politicians HATE the careers because they hate reality, so they blame all their failures on "that darn red tape," "those job-killing regulations," "the intransigence of bureaucrats," "the swamp." I would have had perpetual motion except for the sabotage.

But that is all bullsh-t, and always has been. What the politicians are saying is "I promised infinite free energy and since I didn't get it somebody conspired against me!" And the voters are dumb and they lap it up.

The idea that the careers are following their own political agenda is tripe. The careers I know (and my god I know a ton of them now) are rule-driven and dedicated. They do their jobs. When pols whinge about them they are whining about the intrusion of reality into their fantasyland.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 04-23-2019, 12:31 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Yes, cause those outsider candidates are such a vast improvement.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

If you replace the swamp with 1%'ers that don't give a flip about the average American nor the post they were appointed for that's not draining the swamp, that's replacing crocodiles with alligators.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              If you replace the swamp with 1%'ers that don't give a flip about the average American nor the post they were appointed for that's not draining the swamp, that's replacing crocodiles with alligators.
                              But Sic likes alligators over crocodiles, so he's cool with the swap.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                It's basically draining the Everglades and replacing it with water from the Bayou...
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X